Lamborghini Talk banner

New limited edition Lamborghini coming out, it'll be a modern version of the Countach

33377 Views 348 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  Dennisben
I heard from my dealer that Lambo will be showing a limited edition (around a 100) car which will be a modern version of the Countach. It'll be based on the Aventador but look like a modern Countach. The car is to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the Countach. Price will be similar to the Sian, not sure when they'll be showing the car. My guess is Quail which is still on but we shall see.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
2,122 Posts
I’ve always subscribed to the theory “never meet your heroes”. If they designed a modern Countach on an Aventador frame something tells me I would be quite disappointed. Stick with modern or go back to Countach, but don’t do both.

· Premium Member
2,122 Posts
They had a “Muira” edition of the Aventador and it was ho hum, in my opinion, a two-tone paint color and other small features but nothing dramatic. But, if they do to it what the pictures show that Almdudler posted above, it would be breathtaking.

· Premium Member
2,122 Posts
You can’t un-see that Stallone poster, and that was just after the always-fine Cannonball Run cleavage! C’mon!

that said, this is most certainly not a Countach. Tribute with some flair, sure, but leave my memories alone. And the wheels: total mismatch. The original had those small 15” ones that almost made the car stand out. The AV wheels become a focal point as does the forced triangular scoop in the door. Seems contrived, but what do I know.

· Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Lamborghini Countach Concept Is a Wild Re-Design of Classic Supercar

Sorry, but these renderings look absolutely hideous. Looks like it’s unfinished in the rear wheel, the car is way too low, and the fenders look like they are touching the rubber. Screams kit car. A lot not to like here. One of the biggest things I don’t like is they are trying to re-create history, trying to meet their heroes, and that rarely works well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts