Lamborghini Talk banner

New limited edition Lamborghini coming out, it'll be a modern version of the Countach

33369 Views 348 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  Dennisben
I heard from my dealer that Lambo will be showing a limited edition (around a 100) car which will be a modern version of the Countach. It'll be based on the Aventador but look like a modern Countach. The car is to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the Countach. Price will be similar to the Sian, not sure when they'll be showing the car. My guess is Quail which is still on but we shall see.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I heard from my dealer that Lambo will be showing a limited edition (around a 100) car which will be a modern version of the Countach. It'll be based on the Aventador but look like a modern Countach. The car is to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the Countach. Price will be similar to the Sian, not sure when they'll be showing the car. My guess is Quail which is still on but we shall see.
Something to look forward to.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
That goes with what OP said, 100 units:

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Not everything is leaked and plastered on the internet. This car is very special and my dealer told me about it last summer. Dealers reached out to their top tier clients last summer, there was no renders, no information, just that it was going to be a very special limited production car launched for the Countach anniversary and if you wanted one you had to put a sizable deposit.

There's other information about this car which I can't share but like I posted in my original post the car will look like a modern Countach and will only share the Aventador chassis, that's it.
That's interesting so it's gna be very different from Aventador Series and all the spin-offs.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Wait.. TWO new V12 models? What's the second one besides this Countach special edition? Possibly an Aventador SVR final edition with 800hp plus 34hp from the supercapacitor? Maybe even going RWD for this one to save weight? Are both V12 cars going to be $1M+ with only <100 units produced?

Since only one of the two will have the Sian powertrain a Roadster version of that limited Countach edition is out of question I think so it has to be something else?
The article says "two further new products, based on the iconic V12". My guess is one would be part of the Aventador Series so continuing on from Aventador S, SVJ etc. and the other would be the 'Aventador-Countach' which will be drastically different to the former. Countach has me more excited if that's the case.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
(y) @ Fat Viking.

I've heard they'll be a final edition Aventador based on the SVJ but there's no other details.

My guess is they might launch both cars at Quail because as of today Quail is still a go and looks like travel restrictions into the US will be lifting in the coming months. It'll be the last horray for the Aventador platform before the replacement is announced.
Nice if so revealed in the summer. See event details, The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering | The Peninsula Signature Events

· Registered
1,051 Posts
The article says "two further new products, based on the iconic V12". My guess is one would be part of the Aventador Series so continuing on from Aventador S, SVJ etc. and the other would be the 'Aventador-Countach' which will be drastically different to the former. Countach has me more excited if that's the case.
Actually I’d like to throw this out there... instead of a continued Series of Aventador they do an STO of it like the Huracán STO alongside the Countach. Which is more likely this or the quoted passage?

· Registered
1,051 Posts
You might be right because I have heard that the final Aventador will be the lightest Aventador produced so this is inline with a STO version of the Aventador.
Huracán STO has been very well received so it would make sense to do an Aventador version of it. It'll still be an Aventador. The Countach should be more different than the Aventador STO is to the Aventador, stylistically and aesthetically.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
"Although Winkelmann would not be drawn on specific details about these models, sources suggest one is a final Aventador-based special using similar supercapacitor technology to the 808bhp Sián FKP 37 hypercar – and it is possible that the other will be the first glimpse at the Aventador’s replacement."

So one is Aventador-Countach and the other is a preview of Aventador successor? Oh and it seems it's hybrid from this moment on.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Not sure if there's a market for a $1m+ Aventador with the replacement around the corner.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
That's a valid point. Aventador Series has run its course IMO. I think it'll be for buyers who literally can't wait for the successor to arrive so they buy the preview version of it. How big is that market?

· Registered
1,051 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts