Lamborghini Talk banner

New limited edition Lamborghini coming out, it'll be a modern version of the Countach

33369 Views 348 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  Dennisben
I heard from my dealer that Lambo will be showing a limited edition (around a 100) car which will be a modern version of the Countach. It'll be based on the Aventador but look like a modern Countach. The car is to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the Countach. Price will be similar to the Sian, not sure when they'll be showing the car. My guess is Quail which is still on but we shall see.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,519 Posts
That sounds incredible, a modern day Countach would be really exciting, but with that limited to 100 units it will probably be out of reach to us ordinary buyers. I would love to hear more about it.
Maybe we can pool our weekly allowance and buy one as a group? I’ll drive it on Friday’s and Saturdays, you guys can have the other days.

One more thing, don’t let the spouse know. It’ll be our man cave secret!

· Registered
3,519 Posts
To be honest both possible variants (SVR model above SVJ and Aventador STO) sound equally as exciting. I do hope that car will be somewhat available to us mortals that aren't able to spend $3M+ on it haha. Another important question would be if these two new V12 products will be fitted with a GPF or not. Any guesses?

As it sounds like the Av replacement is set to be released late next year or 2023 at latest. Winkelmann mentioned in the interview that this year will be "a moment of stabilisation" before Lamborghini "pushes things to the next level" in 2022 so my guess is that means Urus facelift/hybrid + Aventador hybrid replacement next year.
GPF?
Heck if they don’t come with floor mats, count me out!

· Registered
3,519 Posts
The more I see the new countach the more I like it. I’d like to see it in some of the more better Lambo colors.

the major thing I don’t like, is the side air intake. It’s dark, thus it fights the dark windows. I think the first mods will be to vignette the side intake.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
I agree.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it out to Quail but everyone I spoke with who saw the car at the show and at the Lambo Lounge said the car looks much better in person. For me the front end looks stunning and looks amazing on the road. I personally like this clean design over the Sian which is a bit too over the top for me.

And I don't know if anyone else noticed but the the dash is lifted from the Huracan. Very interesting they would go through all the trouble of change the dash.
Apparently there’s no FAL 😀

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Sorry, but these renderings look absolutely hideous. Looks like it’s unfinished in the rear wheel, the car is way too low, and the fenders look like they are touching the rubber. Screams kit car. A lot not to like here. One of the biggest things I don’t like is they are trying to re-create history, trying to meet their heroes, and that rarely works well.
I agree. I’d be for a mechanically updated countach, so it has all the guts of an exotic, with updated electronics. All the while keeping the original styling queues.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
In the latest Auto Italia magazine(it’s a multi paper stack of stapled pages with writing on it 😜)

Gandini disavows all association with the new Countach

Ps
Hide your children, there’s also a pic of the first countach being sent into a brick wall for crash testing!!! They could have just pretended to do the test.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts