Lamborghini Talk banner

201 - 220 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sean,

How does your Kevlar clutch compare against a stock LP560 clutch as far as durability? I know the 560 clutch is much improved over the previous models so when it comes time to replace my 560's clutch, I was just wondering if there is any advantage of going to a Kevlar versus going back to OEM.

TIA

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
I bought a Kevlar clutch off Sean about 18 mths ago when I felt the first sign of the old one dieing. It was installed about 12 months ago and since then I've done about 10,000 kms. Im really happy, it's just as Sean said it would be, firm but not jumpy or shuddery. I had it checked about 3 months ago and was told it showed next no wear. Since it doesn't look like I'll need a new one for a very long time I though I'd post here and help him sell one to someone else.
Highly recommended.
Jon
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your great feedback. I'm glad that you're satisfied with our Kevlar clutch.

it's nice to see you on this board. There is a lot of great people here. When you get a chance, post some pictures of your Superleggera here. There are a lot of Superleggera fans and owners here.

Thanks
Sean

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
Sean,

How does your Kevlar clutch compare against a stock LP560 clutch as far as durability? I know the 560 clutch is much improved over the previous models so when it comes time to replace my 560's clutch, I was just wondering if there is any advantage of going to a Kevlar versus going back to OEM.

TIA
Hi Kisco,

LP560 clutch is not too different than a non-LP clutch. The material is the same. Flywheels are different. The clutch is not better but the E-gear system is a lot better. That is the reason that it will last longer but we have had a few LP560 and LP550 that wore out their clutch and they got our Kevlar clutch. Our LP560 Kevlar clutch will last 300% longer than a LP560 OEM clutch.

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi Kisco,

LP560 clutch is not too different than a non-LP clutch. The material is the same. Flywheels are different. The clutch is not better but the E-gear system is a lot better. That is the reason that it will last longer but we have had a few LP560 and LP550 that wore out their clutch and they got our Kevlar clutch. Our LP560 Kevlar clutch will last 300% longer than a LP560 OEM clutch.

Thanks
Sean
Got ya, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there, i was wondering if you could pm me the price for your clutch for an 04 murcielago with a manual gearbox.. aswell as postage out to Sydney Australia. thanx mate.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought a Kevlar clutch off Sean about 18 mths ago when I felt the first sign of the old one dieing. It was installed about 12 months ago and since then I've done about 10,000 kms. Im really happy, it's just as Sean said it would be, firm but not jumpy or shuddery. I had it checked about 3 months ago and was told it showed next no wear. Since it doesn't look like I'll need a new one for a very long time I though I'd post here and help him sell one to someone else.
Highly recommended.
Jon
What are you doing here? :whip:

I've installed Sean's kevlar clutch in my Diablo Roadster. The pedal is so light now, it's amazing. Greatly improves drivability.

This was the second time I've dealt with Sean and both times he has been fantastic, greatly going out of his way to accomodate all my requests. :tleft:

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
What are you doing here? :whip:

I've installed Sean's kevlar clutch in my Diablo Roadster. The pedal is so light now, it's amazing. Greatly improves drivability.

This was the second time I've dealt with Sean and both times he has been fantastic, greatly going out of his way to accomodate all my requests. :tleft:
Hi Andrei,

Thank you for a great feedback. I'm glad that you were able to get the clutch so fast and also you like the lighter pedal pressure. It was funny when I called you and you told me that you were driving the Lambo and you're breaking it in.:wave: enjoy the car...

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'll report on my experience with my Hi-Tech clutch.

I was able to get a great deal from a buddy who had one laying around.

Granted, I've only been able to put 200 miles on my clutch. I'll post more when I get more miles.

So far, smooth as silk with a very positive engagement.

I actually don't think my car has ever driven this smooth. I'm sure the freshly balanced flywheel and clutch assembly have something to do with that.

I know Sean has alot of feedback on his clutch already but I'll add mine, this clutch would come highly recommended.

Make sure you follow the break-in procedure! (No RPM's above 4000 and less than 50% throttle for 300-500 miles) The reason being giving the clutch time to seat and mate with the flywheel and pressure plate under low stress conditions.

That is the hard part! :evil:

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
I'll report on my experience with my Hi-Tech clutch.

I was able to get a great deal from a buddy who had one laying around.

Granted, I've only been able to put 200 miles on my clutch. I'll post more when I get more miles.

So far, smooth as silk with a very positive engagement.

I actually don't think my car has ever driven this smooth. I'm sure the freshly balanced flywheel and clutch assembly have something to do with that.

I know Sean has alot of feedback on his clutch already but I'll add mine, this clutch would come highly recommended.

Make sure you follow the break-in procedure! (No RPM's above 4000 and less than 50% throttle for 300-500 miles) The reason being giving the clutch time to seat and mate with the flywheel and pressure plate under low stress conditions.

That is the hard part! :evil:
Thank you for your great comments about our Kevlar clutch. I'm glad that you like the feel of our clutch's engagement.

If anyone is interested in a DIY clutch replacement, Ravill has a very nice thread here.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/clutch-time-me-seems-25239/

·
Registered
484 Posts
Getting a quote for one of these now, and I'll order it after my Lambo arrives. Hopefully I'll have good feedback to provide once it's installed :)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I finally put 350 miles on my new clutch.

GVAN burnouts, HERE I COME!!! (J/k Sean) But I'm dying to hear that V10 open up!!!

(pic from my buddy who was following me)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ordered one of these and received it within 36 business hours of payment. Shop should have it installed by end of day tomorrow unless something goes wrong which it really shouldn't.

After it's installed I'll give some feedback and begin my break in period which I believe was constant 4 wheel burnouts and launch controls right gvan? Haha just kidding, smooth soft driving for a few hundred miles!

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
Ordered one of these and received it within 36 business hours of payment. Shop should have it installed by end of day tomorrow unless something goes wrong which it really shouldn't.

After it's installed I'll give some feedback and begin my break in period which I believe was constant 4 wheel burnouts and launch controls right gvan? Haha just kidding, smooth soft driving for a few hundred miles!
Thank you for purchasing our Kevlar clutch.

You're right, make sure that you break it in for preferably 500 miles otherwise the clutch might get damaged.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thank you for purchasing our Kevlar clutch.

You're right, make sure that you break it in for preferably 500 miles otherwise the clutch might get damaged.
Put about 180 km on it in the past 24h, soooo hard not to floor it up to redline!

201 - 220 of 483 Posts