Lamborghini Talk banner

221 - 240 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
WooHoo!!!

500 miles yesterday!!

I redlined 1st and 2nd and LOVED IT!!! :D That seemed to take forever!!

Clutch, ofcourse, held strong!!!

I'll have to try some full throttle pulls in 5th or 6th also.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Had one in my baby for over a month now, 800+ miles in LARA shows 0% wear with lots of downshifts including down to 1st. I think I need to break it in a bit more before I can do 100% throttle redline shifts but holds strong otherwise.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
800+ miles. Holding strong. Pedal effort still smooth.

No slippage (ofcouse ) with full throttle in 5th and 6th.

And no clutch smell. Ever. :D

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Had one in my baby for over a month now, 800+ miles in LARA shows 0% wear with lots of downshifts including down to 1st. I think I need to break it in a bit more before I can do 100% throttle redline shifts but holds strong otherwise.
Are you and Ravill synchronising your driving? LOL...You guys both bought a Kevlar clutch from me at about the same time. Now both of you have almost the same amount of miles on the clutch. You guys need to be in Olympics.:wave:

You've put 800 miles on the Kevlar clutch and 0% wear...That's pretty good.:)

How many miles do you guys have now?

·
Registered
484 Posts
About 12XX miles, put the car in storage for the winter 1.5 weeks ago.

I bought this baby to drive not to sit :) Just wait until next season!

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Need a new clutch in an 06 G manual price shipped to the Uk please ...Also any advice on the best deal throw out bearing to use would be appreciated
thanks Paul
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your interest in our Kevlar clutch.

I have sent you a PM and I also emailed you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 1-888-456-0437.

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Tech Exotic Clutch

I just installed a kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic, Lambo Melbourne installed it with new E-Gear cables. Runs flawlessly. Sean has excellent customer services and even called to follow up and explain the installation process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
does anyone know if kevlar clutches will cause any engine malfunction. What is the reason that the factory does not use these if they are better?

·
Registered
484 Posts
does anyone know if kevlar clutches will cause any engine malfunction. What is the reason that the factory does not use these if they are better?
Just theorizing here, but I paid about $3k labour to install my clutch. I'll never have to install another one again because I went with kevlar. If I didn't go with kevlar I'd probably be installing another one in 3-4 years

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Just over 1200 miles on mine.

I occasionally can hear (what I think) are the clutch surfaces engaging while in mid pedal in first gear. As my car is an 05, the tall first gear requires the most slipping to the car moving.

I can't feel any vibrations or any change in how smooth the clutch is or how it grabs. Still going strong.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
does anyone know if Kevlar clutches will cause any engine malfunction. What is the reason that the factory does not use these if they are better?
As I said before, Kevlar material is not the only reason that makes our clutch great and popular with Lamborghini and Ferrari owners. We use same high quality Kevlar material that is used in aerospace industry. It is very important how you set it up. There are a lot of other companies that make Kevlar clutch but their clutch chatter and vibrates and makes a lot noise. That is because it's not set up right and they use low quality Kevlar material. Best example that I can give is that you have leather in a Toyota Camry and you have leather in a Lamborghini. Toyota's leather is OK but Lamborghini's leather is a lot better because they use a very high quality leather.

You also have to get the Kevlar disc so perfectly flat so it won't vibrate and a lot of companies are not able to do that. Here is an example of another vendor that couldn't get it right.

Read post #189

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...-kevlar-clutch-outstanding-17194/index19.html

Icewarrior does have a valid point. Lamborghini makes a lot of profit selling clutches. If they used kevlar, their clutch sales would go down around 70%.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
I just installed a kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic, Lambo Melbourne installed it with new E-Gear cables. Runs flawlessly. Sean has excellent customer services and even called to follow up and explain the installation process.
Thank you for the great feedback. It was a pleasure doing business with you. I'm glad you and Lamborghini Melbourne are happy with our Kevlar clutch.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

·
Registered
615 Posts
*****update*****

I like to report that I finally put 30,000 miles on my Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic. This is not 30,000 miles of easy or freeway driving. I've done 8-10 track weekends at Willow spring, both short and big track. On the short track there is a lot of low gear shifting. Even with a lot of shifting, clutch never got hot and it was holding strong at 8,000 rpm. My freaking original clutch lasted only 8k miles. The stock clutch couldn't handle the beating.

Sean, thank you for your great Kevlar clutch. Your Kevlar clutch is truly the best. I am amazed that I put 30,000 miles on it and I still have 50% left. Customer forever...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2007 Gallardo Spyder is crossing the 50k mile mark. I have 8k on the current Hi Tech Exotics clutch and still going strong. It's my second one only because someone that borrowed my car smoked the previous one during a weekend on the streets of San Francisco. Total abuse will damage anything. I'll certainly buy another one of these clutches when the time comes. Sean is great to work with, too.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
*****update*****

I like to report that I finally put 30,000 miles on my Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic. This is not 30,000 miles of easy or freeway driving. I've done 8-10 track weekends at Willow spring, both short and big track. On the short track there is a lot of low gear shifting. Even with a lot of shifting, clutch never got hot and it was holding strong at 8,000 rpm. My freaking original clutch lasted only 8k miles. The stock clutch couldn't handle the beating.

Sean, thank you for your great Kevlar clutch. Your Kevlar clutch is truly the best. I am amazed that I put 30,000 miles on it and I still have 50% left. Customer forever...
Thank you for the great feedback and update. Your 30,000 miles are definitely not easy miles. I was at the track and saw how hard you were driving and then drove 70 miles home after the track day without any issues. Please keep us updated.

I would like our other customers to keep us updated with how many miles they have on our Kevlar clutch.

221 - 240 of 483 Posts