Lamborghini Talk banner

181 - 200 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Need a new clutch in an 06 G manual price shipped to the Uk please ...Also any advice on the best deal throw out bearing to use would be appreciated
thanks Paul

·
Banned
50 Posts
Weather has been good for driving.

Sean,do you know anyone in my area with a 05 or 06 Murcielago Roadster.I know my clutch shifts faster at higher rpm but I wanted to test it against a stock clutch.
Hey Kevin, I also have a Kevlar clutch from sean/Hi Tech Exotic. Shifts feel faster at 7-8k rpm. I'm curious to know how much faster it is. Were you able to compare your Kevlar clutch with another Murcielago with a stock clutch ? Regards Paul

·
Banned
131 Posts
Hey Kevin, I also have a Kevlar clutch from sean/Hi Tech Exotic. Shifts feel faster at 7-8k rpm. I'm curious to know how much faster it is. Were you able to compare your Kevlar clutch with another Murcielago with a stock clutch ? Regards Paul
Paul Yes I was able to find someone locally who has a 2005 Murcielago roadster. He has a stock clutch. I have a 2006 Murcielago roadster with Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar. We both don't have any other mods.

We took off with a roll start at about 15-20mph. I immediately was ahead by 1/4 of a car length. We both shifted 1st-2nd gear at 8k rpm. I was ahead another 1/2 a car and another 1/2 a car when shifted into 3rd gear. Another 1/2 a car shifting to 4th and we backed off at around 140mph. I was about 2 car lengths ahead by the time we hit 140. We did 2 more 20-140 mph and we got the same results. It looked like every shift was faster by 1/2 a car length. I always knew and felt that Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar shifted faster but I know that for sure now. Needless to say he will get a Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech when his stock clutch goes bad...

·
Registered
955 Posts
IMO. rolling start, both car will be in same position if both drivers are consistantly same in all ways and both are in stock. Differences if any, only in gear shifts. In this case, 2.5 length after 6 gear when you are on this particular clutch.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Banned
131 Posts
E-gear

Sorry guys for the confusion. I forgot to mention that we both have E-gear system so the shifting is the same. It's just that Hi Tech is faster.

I agree with you Frank. In my search for a new clutch after my stock clutch started slipping, I noticed everyone was comparing their clutch to Hi Tech Exotic and claiming that theirs is better. The funny thing was, I couldn't find any customers who were happy with theirs but I could find a lot of customers who were happy with Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch. I talked to Sean at Hi Tech and he was very knowledgeable. I decided to go with Hi Tech Kevlar and I was very comfortable with my decision and I'm glad I did. After noticing that it shifts faster, Sean would not tell me how much faster because they didn't have actual numbers. He would tell me that it shifts faster but he would not give me any data unless it was tested. That's when I decided to do the comparison test myself. Sean , thank you for hooking me up with Joe so I could do the race. Joe has 20% left and he is going to buy your Kevlar clutch.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I also have Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch. I have over 25,000 miles on it so far and I still have 60% left. My original stock clutch lasted only 8K miles. I have also done 8-10 track weekends with my Hi Tech Exotic kevlar without any problems.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Paul Yes I was able to find someone locally who has a 2005 Murcielago roadster. He has a stock clutch. I have a 2006 Murcielago roadster with Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar. We both don't have any other mods.

We took off with a roll start at about 15-20mph. I immediately was ahead by 1/4 of a car length. We both shifted 1st-2nd gear at 8k rpm. I was ahead another 1/2 a car and another 1/2 a car when shifted into 3rd gear. Another 1/2 a car shifting to 4th and we backed off at around 140mph. I was about 2 car lengths ahead by the time we hit 140. We did 2 more 20-140 mph and we got the same results. It looked like every shift was faster by 1/2 a car length. I always knew and felt that Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar shifted faster but I know that for sure now. Needless to say he will get a Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech when his stock clutch goes bad...
Thanks for a great write up. Hi Tech Exotic clutch always felt quicker to me but I wasn't sure. Now I know...

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
Hi Chadbourn,

You stated that you're working on a lighter single or twin disc clutch. We have had lighter clutches for over 10 years now. They are about 60% lighter than a stock clutch. It's a triple disc that can handle up to 1500 hp but those are best suited for our Twin Turbo Lamborghinis with lighter internal engine parts.

We don't recommend a lighter clutch with stock gears and stock engine. One of the reasons is that the first gear in Murcielago, Gallardo and Diablo is so tall that it makes taking off from a dead stop more difficult. You are more prone to stall with a lighter clutch unless you use shorter gears. Driveability will suffer tremendesly.

You also mentioned that you're working on a hydraulic throw out bearing. We have had hydraulic throw out bearing for over 10 years. You might not be very familiar with Murcielago. Murcielago already has an hydraulic throw out bearing. Gallardo also has hydralic throw out bearing.

Our hydraulic system lowers the clutch pedal pressure by 70-80%. This is best used with Diablo and Countach.

1998 Diablo is not the first year that Lamborghini used the push type clutch.

Your information is incorrect. You can not buy a pressure plate or a flywheel for Murcielago seperately. The whole clutch kit comes assembled. The reason that Lamborghini does that is because the clutch kit needs to be balanced. If a Murcielago clutch is not balanced, you'll have a very bad vibration at higher rpm.

We do use Valeo clutch but we modify and replace a lot of the parts with stronger material. We don't use cheap Kevlar material. We use the same high quality Kevlar material that is used in the aerospace industry.

Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
Kudos Sean for laying it out. I wanted to post the same basic info but didn't want to get in on you guys thread and arguing. Anyways, well said!

This is even more of a problem specifically on the 04-05 MY Gallardo's as the gearing is especially tall in 1st gear (and 2nd) compared to the revision for the 2006 model year. The additional load to get the car into motion with the tall 1st gear with that style clutch seems to only feed the problem.
Yes that is also true of my ex car. I had the stage 2 of the Kevlar clutch and it would cause my SL to stall at times.

·
Registered
41 Posts
can you send me a quote

I sent you a PM.Thanks
I will buy a 07 gallardo spyder e gear soon, it just have 30% left for the clutch.
I would like to know after your kelver clutch installed, does computer know the percentage left as stock one?
also, is it the only thing i need to replace when my stock clutch gone? any other parts i need to replace?
is the kelvar clutch just "plug and play", any modification need?
thank you

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
I will buy a 07 gallardo spyder e gear soon, it just have 30% left for the clutch.
I would like to know after your kelver clutch installed, does computer know the percentage left as stock one?
also, is it the only thing i need to replace when my stock clutch gone? any other parts i need to replace?
thank you
With any egear the car has to be told there is a new clutch so it knows the distance of clutch travel for engagement has changed. A dealer can do this in 10 minutes, no problem.

It's all you need to replace, though some would suggest replacing the throw out bearing while you have the gearbox off the car. If it fails it's a lot of labour to get to it otherwise.

Can't go wrong with the hi tech :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
2 Posts
thank you
It's plug and play. No modification necessary but I'll let Sean give you more detail.

I agree with Gvan. You can't go wrong with Hi Tech Exotic. I got their kevlar clutch in all of my 3 lambos.

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
thank you
You don't need to make any modification in order to install our Kevlar clutch.
Our Kevlar clutch is a direct bolt on. If you have an E-gear, you need to use the Lamborghini LARA computer. You need to adjust the PIS and reset the clutch wear indicator. The LARA system will recognize the Kevlar clutch and will show how much clutch is left.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,576 Posts
Just FYI, I have been selling Hi-Tech's clutch for over 15 years now. I have never had an issue with performance and I get a very good deal on them if you are looking to purchase one.

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
It has been great to work with Glen at AMH. Glen has been our distributor for over 15 years. Lamborghini Ohio used to sell and install our Kevlar clutch when Glen was working at the dealership. Glen has sold over two hundred of our clutches over the years so he is very familiar with our clutch.

If you're interested in purchasing our Kevlar clutch, you can contact him or us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Happy Customer

I bought a Kevlar clutch off Sean about 18 mths ago when I felt the first sign of the old one dieing. It was installed about 12 months ago and since then I've done about 10,000 kms. Im really happy, it's just as Sean said it would be, firm but not jumpy or shuddery. I had it checked about 3 months ago and was told it showed next no wear. Since it doesn't look like I'll need a new one for a very long time I though I'd post here and help him sell one to someone else.
Highly recommended.
Jon

181 - 200 of 483 Posts