81 - 100 of 475 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Maserati: 2 Minutes
Pagani: 10 Minutes (was there this morning, AMAZING)
Ferrari: 15 minutes
Lambo: 20 Minutes
Heaven on earth...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Harold,

A lot of our customers who have our Kevlar clutch track their cars and they have had no problems.It actually shifts faster at higher rpm than stock because it grabs better.Our Gallardo Kevlar clutch is stronger than stock and can handle about 800hp and at the same time very drivable and smooth as Gvan said.

We do have another version that is more aggressive and can handle about 1000hp.Give me a call at 1-888-456-0437 and I'll explain it more.

Carbon and Ceramic clutches don't work with E-gear systems because they don't have linear engagement.I would advise you to stay away from them.

Thanks
Sean,

Great info. Do you have an email address I can contact you at as with the time difference etc I don't want to be waking you in the middle of your sleep!

·
Vendor
1,718 Posts
Maserati: 2 Minutes
Pagani: 10 Minutes (was there this morning, AMAZING)
Ferrari: 15 minutes
Lambo: 20 Minutes
You're one lucky guy. I guess getting Lamborghini parts overnight is not a problem for you.

·
Vendor
1,718 Posts
Sean,

Great info. Do you have an email address I can contact you at as with the time difference etc I don't want to be waking you in the middle of your sleep!
I sent you a PM. Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Vendor
1,718 Posts
lol.

I met the head of aftersales for Europe/Middle East/South America. I don't know if he could help though.

Lambo Milan told me they could give me good prices. Might have to go with him for urgent stuff in the future. 3-5 days USPS is looking more like 10 days or more. I didn't anticipate waiting so long, would have just picked it up locally.
If you need any parts, let me know. If I have it in stock, you can have it as fast as 2 days with DHL express. I shipped a Kevlar clutch to Australia on Friday and the customer got it on Monday.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi all,
Any lambo tech or independent expert here can advise me on the PIS base setting value on an OEM clutch or on a Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch or any aftermarket clutch? These are all different type of clutches and I believed there must be a base line to start of on the setting and fine tune from thereof. I believed all G owners are keen to know it and not just depend on the shop or dealer.

:rolleyes:
Look forward to that info as well before installing my hi tech clutch. Especially if there are any considerations my mech should look out for whilst installing. Much thanks for any input sean.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The absolute best way to baseline the setup is to allow the computer to run through the "auto configure" procedure. This procedure has the TCU open and close the clutch while switching gears (on the lift with engine off) and find it's on desired PIS. This is the best way to base line the setup.

After this procedure is carried out the Tech should then drive the car and adjust as needed (according to his experience and feel).

·
Banned
131 Posts
I have Hi Tech Exotic's kevlar clutch.My mechanic started with OEM setting and went thru the gears with the computer.It was smooth at OEM setting but he wanted to make it smoother.I believe he added 0.1 .He drove it and it was smooth.He told me he can make it even smoother but the clutch will wear out faster.It was smooth enough for me so I was happy.I was told by Hi Tech that I might need to have it re-adjusted after the break in period.I haven't re-adjusted it because it drives the same.I have 3500 miles on the clutch and I have more than 90% left.I have a 2006 Murcielago roadster.I don't know if the E-gear system is the same in Gallardo and Murcielago.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi all,
Any lambo tech or independent expert here can advise me on the PIS base setting value on an OEM clutch or on a Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutch or any aftermarket clutch? These are all different type of clutches and I believed there must be a base line to start of on the setting and fine tune from thereof. I believed all G owners are keen to know it and not just depend on the shop or dealer.

:rolleyes:
I also have a Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic.My set up was started with OEM PIS setting.We went up and down couple of points and settled at one point up(I think + 0.1 or 0.01).We test drove it and it was smooth so I told them to leave it alone.

I agree with Harold that your mechanic must have installed incorrectly or it's your driving style.I have about 21,000 miles on my Kevlar clutch and I still have about 60%.The 21,000 miles includes 8-10 weekends at the race track.Even my original lasted 8k miles so you must have burnt your clutch.

Braco,make sure you're not too gentle on the throttle when you take off.You need to be more aggressive otherwise you keep slipping and burning the clutch.A lot of people are very gentle on the throttle because they think they are saving their clutch.They are actually slipping and burning their clutch.If I'm in a stop and go traffic,I make sure I have enough room in front of me so I take off aggressively.

I hope everything works out for you.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
I meant when you're taking off in traffic.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I also have a Kevlar clutch from Hi Tech Exotic.My set up was started with OEM PIS setting.We went up and down couple of points and settled at one point up(I think + 0.1 or 0.01).We test drove it and it was smooth so I told them to leave it alone.

I agree with Harold that your mechanic must have installed incorrectly or it's your driving style.I have about 21,000 miles on my Kevlar clutch and I still have about 60%.The 21,000 miles includes 8-10 weekends at the race track.Even my original lasted 8k miles so you must have burnt your clutch.

Braco,make sure you're not too gentle on the throttle when you take off.You need to be more aggressive otherwise you keep slipping and burning the clutch.A lot of people are very gentle on the throttle because they think they are saving their clutch.They are actually slipping and burning their clutch.If I'm in a stop and go traffic,I make sure I have enough room in front of me so I take off aggressively.

I hope everything works out for you.
Yes Steve, that is what I was told. I never allow part throttle but wait for sufficient space and get on the gas for immediate engagement.

Can I just confirm as well that the higher the PIS number, the quicker and more aggressive the engagement? To me then I would rather run the higher setting that Braco did to ensure no slippage in gear changes post 1st gear change into the other gears. I may even ask my tech to then go to a PIS setting above 5 to perhaps 5.5.

Also for changes are 1st is engaged may require that staying on the gas will actually be better for the clutch wear than releasing as the clutch will engage faster. Of course the downside is the jerky changes are more obvious.

I am wondering if there is a problem with the air pump that engages the clutch and it is not supplying the required PIS setting/ pressure on the clutch pressure plates? I have heard the pump can have leaks. If so it may actually not be causing the clutch to engage properly even at your 5 setting Braco? I was at the track this weekend and the VRD guys in Malaysia that used to take care of David Lai's Gallardo race car said the air pump was a common problem on his race car and a weak point.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yes Steve, that is what I was told. I never allow part throttle but wait for sufficient space and get on the gas for immediate engagement.

Can I just confirm as well that the higher the PIS number, the quicker and more aggressive the engagement? To me then I would rather run the higher setting that Braco did to ensure no slippage in gear changes post 1st gear change into the other gears. I may even ask my tech to then go to a PIS setting above 5 to perhaps 5.5.

Also for changes are 1st is engaged may require that staying on the gas will actually be better for the clutch wear than releasing as the clutch will engage faster. Of course the downside is the jerky changes are more obvious.

I am wondering if there is a problem with the air pump that engages the clutch and it is not supplying the required PIS setting/ pressure on the clutch pressure plates? I have heard the pump can have leaks. If so it may actually not be causing the clutch to engage properly even at your 5 setting Braco? I was at the track this weekend and the VRD guys in Malaysia that used to take care of David Lai's Gallardo race car said the air pump was a common problem on his race car and a weak point.
Harold,it's actually the other way around.The higher the PIS number is,the more slippage you'll have and consequently smoother.You want the PIS number to be as low as possible.

You might be right about the pump because E-gear system has alot of components.If any of them fail,it can damage the clutch or other parts.Usual suspects are pump,relay,lines leaking,clutch sensor,actuator,......

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Harold,it's actually the other way around.The higher the PIS number is,the more slippage you'll have and consequently smoother.You want the PIS number to be as low as possible.

You might be right about the pump because E-gear system has alot of components.If any of them fail,it can damage the clutch or other parts.Usual suspects are pump,relay,lines leaking,clutch sensor,actuator,......
Great feedback Steve, thanks for that then. I have no issues with brutal engagement as I had a full race clutch in my ex car. Will go as low numerically as I can.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I love my left pedal!
Haha I used to be the same mate, but I actually really like not having to deal with a left pedal anymore or heel and toe at the track! Playstation lazy. Haha.

81 - 100 of 475 Posts