Lamborghini Talk banner

101 - 120 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Without being bold, what is the difference in cost between the sintered and kevlar clutch for total parts and install?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Installation cost is the same with OEM and Kevlar.Kevlar is plug and play.As Gvan said,Kevlar will last 200-300% longer and may be more so you don't pay for a clutch and installation 3 times.That's how you save yourself a lot of money on the clutch.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
I have Hi Tech Exotic's kevlar clutch.My mechanic started with OEM setting and went thru the gears with the computer.It was smooth at OEM setting but he wanted to make it smoother.I believe he added 0.1 .He drove it and it was smooth.He told me he can make it even smoother but the clutch will wear out faster.It was smooth enough for me so I was happy.I was told by Hi Tech that I might need to have it re-adjusted after the break in period.I haven't re-adjusted it because it drives the same.I have 3500 miles on the clutch and I have more than 90% left.I have a 2006 Murcielago roadster.I don't know if the E-gear system is the same in Gallardo and Murcielago.
kevin, I see that you're driving your Murcielago more. You already have 3500 miles on the kevlar clutch......Not bad.

Murcielago E-gear system is different than Gallardo E-gear system but the same concept.

·
Banned
131 Posts
kevin,I see that you're driving your Murcielago more.You already have 3500 miles on the kevlar clutch......Not bad.

Murcielago E-gear system is different than Gallardo E-gear system but the same concept.
Weather has been good for driving.

Sean, do you know anyone in my area with a 05 or 06 Murcielago Roadster. I know my clutch shifts faster at higher rpm but I wanted to test it against a stock clutch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Update on kevlar clutch bought from Sean @ Hi Tech I have done 18000 klms on my kevlar clutch and still strong.
This milage is from every day drives to work and any thing up to 6 hr cruising.I have already put the gallardo on a race track and put the clutch through its paces and no problems under harsh driving conditions.I highly recomend this Kevlar clutch to all out there. Thanks Sean once again.

Shalin

·
Registered
955 Posts
Average 60km per day & going STRONG. What's the clutch wear reading now? Must be around 2 to 3mm. Enjoy it man.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Reading?

Geraldsick,

Let us know your clutch wear reading at 18000km.

Remembered you replaced yours in sometime Nov 2010 till now is approximately 9 months/30 days = 60+km per day.

Well done.

Also how's your traffic condition, driving habits etc to achieve a STRONG clutch.

;)

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Weather has been good for driving.

Sean,do you know anyone in my area with a 05 or 06 Murcielago Roadster.I know my clutch shifts faster at higher rpm but I wanted to test it against a stock clutch.
Kevin, I do know of someone in your area. If it's ok with him, I'll let you know his contact information.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Geraldsick,

Let us know your clutch wear reading at 18000km.

Remembered you replaced yours in sometime Nov 2010 till now is approximately 9 months/30 days = 60+km per day.

Well done.

Also how's your traffic condition, driving habits etc to achieve a STRONG clutch.

;)
Braco, He has a 6 speed Gallardo. Last time I talked to him, he told me he drives about 50km each way to work (100 km round trip).

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Update on kevlar clutch bought from Sean @ Hi Tech I have done 18000 klms on my kevlar clutch and still strong.
This milage is from every day drives to work and any thing up to 6 hr cruising.I have already put the gallardo on a race track and put the clutch through its paces and no problems under harsh driving conditions.I highly recomend this Kevlar clutch to all out there. Thanks Sean once again.

Shalin
Shalin,Thank you for the nice feedback.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Kevin,I do know of someone in your area.If it's ok with him,I'll let you know his contact information.

Hi Kevin,
I talked to my customer in your area. He is definitely interested in doing a test/race because he is thinking of getting our Kevlar clutch. He also wants to drive yours and see how the Kevlar drives. Is it OK if I give him your information? He has a 05 Murci roadster which is basically the same as your 06 roadster.
Thanks

·
Banned
131 Posts
Hi Kevin,
I talked to my customer in your area.He is definitely interested in doing a test/race because he is thinking of getting our Kevlar clutch.He also wants to drive yours and see how the Kevlar drives.Is it OK if I give him your information?He has a 05 Murci roadster which is basically the same as your 06 roadster.
Thanks
That's fine. Please give him my contact information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
after speaking with sean he reassured us the kevlar clutch would outperform the OEM and he was right. we had experiences with another company where the cluches would not perform at all in the egear apps or F1 in ferrari. we have a 6 speed gallardo with sean's clutch and 15xxx later it is holding up great. the F1 car have 18xxx km and 65% remaining. did i mention these are rental cars.
we are adding a murcie to the fleet and the only reason we are doing so now is because Hi tech actually makes it possible without blowing up clutches in a few thousand miles.

funny story i was speaking to the Hilton owner in niagra falls which is at the top of a large hill. he lost his regular lambo customers because they kept smoking the clutch and a few had to leave on a flat bed. looks like i will be getting the best room in the house now. thx sean

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
after speaking with sean he reassured us the kevlar clutch would outperform the OEM and he was right. we had experiences with another company where the cluches would not perform at all in the egear apps or F1 in ferrari. we have a 6 speed gallardo with sean's clutch and 15xxx later it is holding up great. the F1 car have 18xxx km and 65% remaining. did i mention these are rental cars.
we are adding a murcie to the fleet and the only reason we are doing so now is because Hi tech actually makes it possible without blowing up clutches in a few thousand miles.

funny story i was speaking to the Hilton owner in niagra falls which is at the top of a large hill. he lost his regular lambo customers because they kept smoking the clutch and a few had to leave on a flat bed. looks like i will be getting the best room in the house now. thx sean
Thank you for the great feedback. I'm just a little bit surprised. I know that our Kevlar clutches last a lot longer than OEM but I never thought it would last 15K miles on a rental Gallardo. Rental customers are very harsh on their rental cars.

If anyone needs to rent an exotic car in Ontario area, I would highly recommend GTA Exotics. I have referred couple of customers to them and they were very happy with their cars and their rates.

Have fun at the Hilton. It looks like you're going to be the only Lambo up there.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Sean, I am Anthony from Singapore, own a Gallardo 2007 e-gear.

I am interested with the Kevlar Clutch, like to enquire is it compatible with my ride and how much does one cost? What type of payment do you accept? Please PM me the details, thanks!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi Sean, I am Anthony from Singapore, own a Gallardo 2007 e-gear.

I am interested with the Kevlar Clutch, like to enquire is it compatible with my ride and how much does one cost? What type of payment do you accept? Please PM me the details, thanks!

Are you the anthony yong that i know?? Rx8? Merc SL63??

101 - 120 of 483 Posts