Lamborghini Talk banner
321 - 340 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
This is the elusive UK RHD black Balboni owned by a guy named Damien and featured on a UK show called Car Guys. I've been trying to get the VIN on this car for the LP manual registry with no success. It's clearly a Euro-spec car so the first letters of the VIN should be ZHWGE52V. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.
I know, I know. I violated my own request to keep this thread focused on US-spec LP manuals but I've been chasing this car for awhile.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
As noted in a previous post, here are the three LP manuals for sale:
13327: 2013 LP560-4 Giallo Midas coupe at Elite Autos for $230K; The ONLY confirmed Final Edition LP manual coupe in the US. Formerly owned by routt73.
13916: 2014 LP560-2 Anniversary at AJ's Garage for $270K; Currently owned by Sunir on this forum.
10352: 2011 LP560-4 Silver spyder conversion listed on this forum, on ebay and at CARS2YOU.COM for $129K; Owned by stoyan79 on this forum.as noted above.
As you may have noticed in another thread, JoelB is now the proud owner of 13327 that was at Elite Autos. Congratulations on acquiring what is probably the ONLY Final Edition manual coupe in the US. Enjoy those heel-toe double clutch downshifts!

13916 is no longer listed at AJ's Garage. Did Sunir sell the car?

That leaves 10352 at CARS2YOU.COM for $130K as the only LP manual currently listed for sale. It's no longer listed on ebay. This is Stoyan79's conversion 2011 LP560-4 spyder that appears to be very well done. Ferrari F430 manual conversions are bringing $50-60K premiums over factory F1 cars so this price seems more than reasonable.

Any others out there for sale?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Yes, it has been sold. Don't know where it ended up but it has been sold.
Wow! Thanks for the info.

So unless we unearth another listing, the only LP manual for sale right now is the 2011 LP560-4 spyder that belongs to Stoyan79 as noted above.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
13857: 2014 LP560-2 Anniversary car owned by James Kramer on this forum at Hubbard Auto Center for $260K. The paint is Bianco Opalis but it is currently wrapped in yellow.

10352: 2011 LP560-4 silver spyder conversion owned by stoyan79 on this forum is still listed at cars2u.com and on this forum for $130K

Those are the only two LP manuals for sale

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Thanks for posting this new listing. We now have three LP manuals on the market:

12693: 2013 LP550-2 Coupe at L Charlotte for $249K. Bianco Monocerus/Black with 7143 mi.

13857: 2014 LP560-2 Anniversary car owned by James Kramer on this forum at Hubbard Auto Center for $260K. The paint is Bianco Opalis but it is currently wrapped in yellow.

10352: 2011 LP560-4 silver spyder conversion owned by stoyan79 on this forum is still listed at cars2u.com and on this forum for $130K

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
Make that four as I recently listed mine for sale on this forum.
Thanks for the update. What size are the BC forged wheels? The last info and photos I saw of the car, maybe four years ago, it had chrome 19" Cordelias. Yours is one of three LP560-4 coupes that have been TT'd (that we know about) and definitely the only one with the Nero Perseus/Rosso Centaurus interior . Car looks top-notch in the photos. Good luck with the sale.

The total is now up to four:

08126: 2009 LP560-4 Coupe owned by MTV8 on this forum for $249K. Balloon White with Nero Perseus/Rosso Centaurus interior. TT'd by UGR.

12693: 2013 LP550-2 Coupe at L Charlotte for $249K. Bianco Monocerus/Black with 7143 mi.

·
Registered
LP640 Murci, Performante, Ariel Atom, Lotus Elise, Audi TTRS, a pair of Mustangs,etc.
33 Posts
Great looking car. The asking price reflects the increasing value of gated manuals.
I have trouble imagining these trading for more than a comparable condition manual Murci. Point being, I think some of these prices are getting ahead of the market.

They made a lot of sense at 150-200, arguably 250 for a pristine example, but 260 for a 20k mile car when 200 gets you an 02-03 Murci?

Maybe I'm underestimating the "collectible" value but it's trivial to convert a G to manual. They're only rare "from the factory." To those who just want to drive one, there's effectively 5,400 manual LPG's out there. That has to constrain values somewhat.

Anyways, they're great cars. I just question if the market has really moved up to this price point.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have trouble imagining these trading for more than a comparable condition manual Murci. Point being, I think some of these prices are getting ahead of the market.

They made a lot of sense at 150-200, arguably 250 for a pristine example, but 260 for a 20k mile car when 200 gets you an 02-03 Murci?

Maybe I'm underestimating the "collectible" value but it's trivial to convert a G to manual. They're only rare "from the factory." To those who just want to drive one, there's effectively 5,400 manual LPG's out there. That has to constrain values somewhat.

Anyways, they're great cars. I just question if the market has really moved up to this price point.
Yeah, agree 100% that they need to be original from the factory or they aren't worth any premium.

A manual LP Gallardo (with the superior 5.2L engine) is the car that is legitimately rare, pre-LPs are everywhere. I, personally would rather own a manual LP Gallardo than any Murci, but thats subjective.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Some interesting comments. As far as being collectable a factory installed manual should be more collectable than an after sale modification. The $260K price? For the LP560-2 that makes sense. The LP560-2 being the 50TH Anniversary car and the Only Factory Speced Gated Manual ever produced should command a premium over other gated manuals.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Yeah, agree 100% that they need to be original from the factory or they aren't worth any premium.

A manual LP Gallardo (with the superior 5.2L engine) is the car that is legitimately rare, pre-LPs are everywhere. I, personally would rather own a manual LP Gallardo than any Murci, but thats subjective.
A major part of the attraction for the Merci is most likely the V12 engine. In many ways it is an inferior car compared to the LP.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The last 3 manual Pre-LP Murcis on BaT for $400k, $250k and $277K.

I am not saying what they deserve that but I think the days of finding a manual Murcie for $200k or below are long gone.

A rising tide floats all boats. Maybe one day the tide will go out, but that doesn't seem to be any time soon.

321 - 340 of 354 Posts