Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've noted a few cars in other threads that are for sale and there is a thread titled "One LP Manual For Sale". Just thought it might be useful to track all the US LP manuals currently listed in one thread. Cars will come and go but we should be able to keep this thread up-to-date with listings and comments for cars currently on the market. Thus we'l be able to go to one thread to see what's available going forward. Here are the four for sale:

07943: 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560 Twin Turbo For Sale @ Underground Racing Motors LLC

11836: Vehicle details - 2012 Lamborghini Gallardo at Chicago Motor Cars- East West Chicago - Chicago Motor Cars

12692: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP550-2-/222971251531

13968: https://www.lamborghinihouston.com/used-Houston-2014-Lamborghini-LP560+2-50th+Anniversario+6+Speed+Manual-ZHWGU5BR7ELA13968

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
13968 Sold in Several Days. It was severely underpriced -- There was no way that car was going to last 1 week.

https://www.lamborghinihouston.com/used-Houston-2014-Lamborghini-LP560+2-50th+Anniversario+6+Speed+Manual-ZHWGU5BR7ELA13968
There was clearly something going on with this car since it was on the market for so long. My guess is that it sold quickly this time because it went through a Lambo dealer. L Houston has a pretty good reputation so they probably did all the correct due diligence on the car to make it ready to go for the new owner. If there was some issue with the car, the previous selling outlets of Dietz Motorsports, ebay, Cars.com and Beverly Hills Porsche would not have instilled the same level of confidence to potential buyers. Given that L Houston would not have sent it out the door with any questionable issues, that car was a real bargain.

So now there are three for sale.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
There was clearly something going on with this car since it was on the market for so long. My guess is that it sold quickly this time because it went through a Lambo dealer. L Houston has a pretty good reputation so they probably did all the correct due diligence on the car to make it ready to go for the new owner. If there was some issue with the car, the previous selling outlets of Dietz Motorsports, ebay, Cars.com and Beverly Hills Porsche would not have instilled the same level of confidence to potential buyers. Given that L Houston would not have sent it out the door with any questionable issues, that car was a real bargain.

So now there are three for sale.
Must of been the reason for the lower selling price. What did it sell for?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Would be interesting to know why they had to lower the price?
That is the price it was listed at Houston Lambo for when they got the car few days ago. It did not last 1 week - but that price is lower then when P Beverly Hills had it.

Until we get further evidence otherwise, the car either needed some TLC OR went through some reconditioning that could have diminished value - and they were looking for a quick sale.

Would be great to speak with someone there to find out true story.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
That is the price it was listed at Houston Lambo for when they got the car few days ago. It did not last 1 week - but that price is lower then when P Beverly Hills had it.

Until we get further evidence otherwise, the car either needed some TLC OR went through some reconditioning that could have diminished value - and they were looking for a quick sale.

Would be great to speak with someone there to find out true story.
Sounds right. Or something major broke and had to be replaced or repaired.

·
Registered
248 Posts
13968 has been a hot potato literally for years, and in that time it has been driven only a handful of miles. My understanding is the original owner sold it in 2016 with well over 5k miles for a handsome profit. Since then it has been advertised by the following that I am aware of:

5,215 miles - Lamborghini North Los Angeles (date unknown)
4,500 miles (incorrect) - eBay by private seller (February 2017)
5,234 miles - CNC (June 2017)
5,236 miles - Beverly Hills Porsche (July 2017)
5,239 miles - Craigslist by private seller (April 2018)
5,259 miles - Lamborghini Houston (May 2018)

Possibly the same owner/collector moving it from dealer to dealer on consignment chasing a softening market? And maybe the seller is trying to jump/float title (CARFAX shows it as having one owner) which is turning people off?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
13968 has been a hot potato literally for years, and in that time it has been driven only a handful of miles. My understanding is the original owner sold it in 2016 with well over 5k miles for a handsome profit. Since then it has been advertised by the following that I am aware of:

Possibly the same owner/collector moving it from dealer to dealer on consignment chasing a softening market? And maybe the seller is trying to jump title (CARFAX shows it as having one owner) which is turning people off?
Good research.
During this time two sold for $215K to $225K. Something is not right with this car?

·
Super Moderator
3,176 Posts

Possibly the same owner/collector moving it from dealer to dealer on consignment chasing a softening market? And maybe the seller is trying to jump title (CARFAX shows it as having one owner) which is turning people off?
Good research.
During this time two sold for $215K to $225K. Something is not right with this car?
If multiple dealers couldn’t sell it for the “going rate,” then there absolutely has to be a story we don’t know about.

Anyway, mine is a beauty for anyone in the market 🙂

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If multiple dealers couldn’t sell it for the “going rate,” then there absolutely has to be a story we don’t know about.
Alan Smithee's trail for 13968 is similar to mine as this car has bounced around quite a bit. He provided the mileage at each stop. Here are the asking prices:

7/16: $245K @ Dietz Motorcraft
1/17: $299K on ebay
2/17: $264K on ebay
4/17: $229K on ebay; $225K on Cars.com
6/17: $240K on ebay
12/17: $215K @ Beverly Hills Porsche
5/18: $200K @ Lamborghini Houston

It's pretty clear that the car was priced well above market for a good portion of the time. 13197, one of the two black Performante Spyders, was also on consignment at L Houston for $280K on 7/17. That car didn't sell and has not been advertised since. If there was something amiss about 13968 it's very possible none of the other locations or the owner had the capacity to rectify it. L Houston would have resolved any functional issue but it may have had cosmetic problems. That would explain selling in less than a week at a very reasonable price. This scenario is all speculation on my part but it does lend credence to the approach of consigning with a reputable Lamborghini dealer. Hopefully we can get the actual details someday from an owner who joins this forum or from someone with a contact at L Houston.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Alan Smithee's trail for 13968 is similar to mine as this car has bounced around quite a bit. He provided the mileage at each stop. Here are the asking prices:

7/16: $245K @ Dietz Motorcraft
1/17: $299K on ebay
2/17: $264K on ebay
4/17: $229K on ebay; $225K on Cars.com
6/17: $240K on ebay
12/17: $215K @ Beverly Hills Porsche
5/18: $200K @ Lamborghini Houston

It's pretty clear that the car was priced well above market for a good portion of the time. 13197, one of the two black Performante Spyders, was also on consignment at L Houston for $280K on 7/17. That car didn't sell and has not been advertised since. If there was something amiss about 13968 it's very possible none of the other locations or the owner had the capacity to rectify it. L Houston would have resolved any functional issue but it may have had cosmetic problems. That would explain selling in less than a week at a very reasonable price. This scenario is all speculation on my part but it does lend credence to the approach of consigning with a reputable Lamborghini dealer. Hopefully we can get the actual details someday from an owner who joins this forum or from someone with a contact at L Houston.
As you said,
"may have had cosmetic problems. That would explain selling in less than a week at a very reasonable price."

Your comment was the exact comment from Lamborghini Dallas about the ongoing issue and the final selling price.

·
Super Moderator
3,176 Posts
Found an aventador I’m moving on. I’m going to give someone a deal. If it doesn’t sell in 30 days, I’m taking it off the market and putting it in my warehouse where it will fall asleep for a long while 🙂

1 - 20 of 239 Posts