Xpel Stealth Wrap cost (Bay Area) - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 07:53 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Xpel Stealth Wrap cost (Bay Area)

Greetings! New member looking to potentially purchase a 2006-2009 Gallardo Spyder in the next few months. Have been reading and learning a lot from you guys. Already know the E-Gear will probably be my most expensive expense and will be getting a PPI with a snap test from a Lamborghini dealership prior to purchase.

Anyone have any experience with getting a full Xpel Stealth wrap on their vehicle? Reading people have been getting their cars wrapped for anywhere from $2000-$10,000. I'm in the Bay Area and I am okay with compromising on the wrap quality if it saves a significant amount of cash.

Thanks!

Attached is my 2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder so I have gotten my feet a little wet already with the Gallardo engine

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 09:10 PM

Is Xpel Stealth only for flat/matte paints?

Even for standard full Xpel ceramic coating Bay Area prices have gone up a lot in the last few years.

Donít compromise on quality. A bad install looks like paint marks/imperfections. If the edges arenít wrapped dirt collects at the exposed edges. Have your installer do paint correction/polish as well.

Iíve talked to several installers in the area. I took my Huracan to OCD in Fremont. Aventador is going to Protective Film Solutions also in Fremont.

Feel free to PM me for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 09:18 PM

Got a quote from OCD for $10-12k which seems too high. I honestly don't care too much about it being perfect. Just want the protection and to be able to cover the terrible color if I end up getting an ugly one (Verde Picus)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 11-08-2019, 09:29 PM

I know that the Bay Area is more costly to live in as compared to sunny, earthquake-free Phoenix, but $10-12k is nuts.

I paid $2500 for a full car, color change gloss vinyl wrap and another $500 to ceramic coat on top of it. The shop I used is awesome and highly regarded. You need to shop around. It seems that those liberals want your wallet in more ways than one up there... lol.

2003 Viper vert, Paxton S/C
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Viper RT/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Viper RT/10
Old 11-08-2019, 09:32 PM

I paid $2500 in 2012 to wrap complete car with CLEAR Xpel Stealth wrap (in NYC).

https://www.facebook.com/FinalFootag...7758084&type=3

Last edited by Kwan; 11-08-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stukovx View Post
Got a quote from OCD for $10-12k which seems too high. I honestly don't care too much about it being perfect. Just want the protection and to be able to cover the terrible color if I end up getting an ugly one (Verde Picus)

That sounds about right. OCD is probably the most expensive installer. If youíre buying out of state maybe look there and wrap before you ship to the Bay Area. You will save a lot.

Old 11-09-2019, 01:49 AM

That's insane how there is no cheaper options in the Bay Area. One would think with more competition prices would be lower. My hypothesis is that all these new Tesla owners in the Bay are happily paying these high prices causing all shops to keep their prices artificially high
Old 11-09-2019, 01:10 PM

I paid 5K for full xpel 1 month ago in Sacramento.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stukovx View Post
That's insane how there is no cheaper options in the Bay Area. One would think with more competition prices would be lower. My hypothesis is that all these new Tesla owners in the Bay are happily paying these high prices causing all shops to keep their prices artificially high

100%. Tesla paint is notoriously thin. Nearly all of my friends with Teslas have ceramic coat and/or xpel.

Old 11-09-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissaari View Post
I paid 5K for full xpel 1 month ago in Sacramento.

Where did you go?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in