Whats your opinion? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2020, 09:20 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Whats your opinion?

Is the visceral experience being dumbed down in cars with too much automation? Is the experience becoming to smooth and insulated?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2020, 10:05 PM

Yes. And I must post more than 10 characters.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-15-2020, 12:08 PM

I’d say yes. However, this is the inevitability of technological advancement. It is for this reason, that I prefer the Gallardo to the Huracan, which is PlayStation in comparison.

Cars can become too sterile and lose their soul as technology pushes ever forwards. That is the price you pay for evolution, I guess.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleg48 View Post
Id say yes. However, this is the inevitability of technological advancement. It is for this reason, that I prefer the Gallardo to the Huracan, which is PlayStation in comparison.

Cars can become too sterile and lose their soul as technology pushes ever forwards. That is the price you pay for evolution, I guess.
Well said. The Gallardo is the last Classic Lamborghini caring forward some of the old school looks and feel.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:13 PM

I'd say the experience is becoming more smooth and insulated, yes, but that's not a bad thing to me. I don't feel performance cars are dumbed down from what they used to be. I associate the feeling of smoothness and silence with solidity, control, and higher quality manufacturing tolerances and materials.

I've heard stories of GP2 drivers being blown away when they transition to Formula 1 because of how much more smooth and solid the cars are, and how they feel so different because they are engineered to such a higher level. I understand the appeal of a more "raw" performance car but I am one that prefers the feeling of a finely engineered machine with the most advanced technology available.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:32 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

And now the EVO will be integrated to Alexa so you will not have to use the touch pad, so I would say yes in a good way.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 01-15-2020, 02:27 PM

Absolutely. I like my exotics to have a rawness and an attitude.

I like smoothness and technology on my daily drivers though. But I like pulling back into my garage after driving the G and feeling a bit winded. Newer exotics just don't have that thrill. Couple that with dropping the Spyder's top and everything is multiplied. The wind/sound/etc.

Truth be told, if I were to go for performance numbers only, I'd have gotten a coupe or even a newer Exotic. But specifically it's the wind and added noise and the rawness of the G in general that I enjoy.

I've been looking into a Tesla, which would basically blow the doors off most exotics in the past 20 years... but I just can't get over its sterile nature. One day I'll probably have to switch to electric only.. but I'm going to miss the sounds!
Old 01-15-2020, 02:33 PM

Yes they have, but you can't stop progress in technology. For a daily they are perfect. In my weekend toy, I want something raw that gets my adrenaline going. I think G is perfect for that reason and last raw lambo.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolie View Post
Yes they have, but you can't stop progress in technology. For a daily they are perfect. In my weekend toy, I want something raw that gets my adrenaline going. I think G is perfect for that reason and last raw lambo.
You and InfiniteLoop nailed it. Could not agree more.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 PM

Any other "raw" cars that are in the same ballpark of an SL in terms of feel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in