Trade estimate - Page 8 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2019, 03:05 PM

Gallery: 0

That is awesome!

Sounds like I can't go wrong with a pre-lp car if I get a clean one in either transmission. I'm still leaning towards gated, but I won't dismiss the egear and should plan to try and drive one and see for myself.

I'm seeing a few out of state that seem promising, ideally I could find a local spyder just in time for Colorado winter and save a few pennies doing so-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
You may want to re-think that, lol. Once you hear a pre LP you can't do a LP. Shifts are super violet in pre lp if you want them to be in egear. I can chirp the tires going into 2nd gear like clockwork if I want to and it's awesome.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2019, 04:21 PM

just sold my 06G and replaced with a 997 C4s, and a 997 Gt3, both manuals
of course i have to add a bit of cash on top.
but one G for 2 porsches
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-17-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboGrasshopper View Post
That is awesome!

Sounds like I can't go wrong with a pre-lp car if I get a clean one in either transmission. I'm still leaning towards gated, but I won't dismiss the egear and should plan to try and drive one and see for myself.

I'm seeing a few out of state that seem promising, ideally I could find a local spyder just in time for Colorado winter and save a few pennies doing so-
If you buy a pre LP look closely at the Kline Valved exhaust with test pipes..... honestly makes my '04 egear a WHOLE LOT better car.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:26 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchoi View Post
just sold my 06G and replaced with a 997 C4s, and a 997 Gt3, both manuals
of course i have to add a bit of cash on top.
but one G for 2 porsches
Yep - shows how popular Lambos are compared to Porches!
Old 09-18-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
That is awesome!

Are you around the Denver area? If so, you can check out my LP and put to rest the pre-LP sound hype. It's literally the only thing better about a pre-lp, but very exaggerated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
UR Stage 3 Twin Turbskie w Race Heads
ADV5.2 M.V1 SL Wheels & Swift Springs
Arancio Borealis

Past
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE
Gated Verde Ithaca
Heffner Twin GT3582R's
1016whp/726wtq on 91 Octane/Meth Injection - Dynojet
Old 09-18-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
You may want to re-think that, lol. Once you hear a pre LP you can't do a LP. Shifts are super violet in pre lp if you want them to be in egear. I can chirp the tires going into 2nd gear like clockwork if I want to and it's awesome.
Your OP said you are also looking at Gs that will hold their value right? Well gated cars will hold value more than their egear counterpart. If that's the case gated should be your priority
Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 AM

I lean pretty hard towards gated for that reason. Thanks for the feedback-

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolie View Post
Your OP said you are also looking at Gs that will hold their value right? Well gated cars will hold value more than their egear counterpart. If that's the case gated should be your priority
Old 09-18-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I lean pretty hard towards gated for that reason. Thanks for the feedback-
Until you try egear! I've had them all and now we live in a world where people don't even want stick like they once wanted. What is your location? If you are close I'll take you for a drive
Old 09-18-2019, 09:43 AM

LamboGrasshopper, what model/year 911 are you coming from? I'm a die-hard Porsche fanboy, and have owned many variants over the years from turbo's to multiple generations of gt3's. Current stable includes an older 911sc (modified and lightened) and a track-focused 996 gt3. To be honest, the on-paper comparisons between pre-lp and most of the "non gt" or non-turbo" don't give an accurate representation of the performance of the G. My G feels quicker than any Porsche I have ever owned, even if on"
paper" comparisons don't support that conclusion. I have not driven any of the current turbo-charged carrera line up (i.e., carrera and carrera s), but I can tell you that my g feels significantly quicker than any 991-generation carrera S I have piloted (even though on paper they should be close). The driving "feel" and the visceral feeling of power and speed, even if not backed up "on paper" is why I own the car. You need to drive one. And I'm with you. I'm not all that interested in gtr's, 991 gt3's, huracan's etc... Are they fast? Heck yeah. Do they feel all that fast? Not to me really, because so much of that speed is transmission wizardry, and above that the speed is so linear and "clinical" and "poised" that you don't get the same sensation you do from a car that is more raw and analog.
2005 Gallardo. Giallo Halys, 6 speed manual, RWD, RSC Exhaust, BMC filters, Ultraleggera wheels, clear bonnet, yellow calipers (and about 250 lbs in weight reducing mods/deletions). Also: '04 gt3, V8 944, '81 911sc, '16 Escalade, '14 ELR (Daily), '12 Wrangler)

Past Cars: 07 911 GT3; 01 911 Turbo, many m3's, 99 Carrera, 01 Boxster S, 98 Boxster.

Last edited by Scottslaw; 09-18-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:53 AM

I'm in Northern Colorado-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboLP View Post
Until you try egear! I've had them all and now we live in a world where people don't even want stick like they once wanted. What is your location? If you are close I'll take you for a drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in