Selling - Advice Needed - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Selling - Advice Needed

Hi All,

I'm looking to sell my 2009 Gallardo Coupe (to upgrade to newer model). whats the best way to market it.

i don't feel it is a auto trader job, and these quick buys sites offer really low prices.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Subscribed.

I'm probably a year away for putting mine up so am curious what others say.

My biggest worry are folks that just want to take it for a spin, I wonder if there's a way to avoid those types or be able to pick and choose who will get to test drive it. That's putting it up myself on something like cargurus or autotrader.

Another option is consignment with a reputable dealer, but then I'd have to confirm what their insurance situation is like and I don't feel comfortable leaving the car with someone for what could take several months to sell it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Put it on autotrader, cars.com, ebay, and the forums. Take many high quality pictures, and price the car right. Describe it's service history in detail, and i'll repeat, price it right.
Example, if you want to sell it fast, an 09 with 15k miles should be priced between 100-110k depending on color for quick sale. The more you go up, the longer it may take to find a buyer. Sliding scale, every 1k up, could be a week or two weeks longer etc etc.

In regards to consigning the car, you can simply put the car on storage only insurance(comprehensive,) and simply request to the dealer to not allow any test drives.

Good luck. What are you looking to buy next?
2014 BMW M5
2007 BMW M5
2017 MB GLE350
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 09-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Why don’t you feel that autotrader.com is ok? Excellent place to get eyes on the vehicle from all across the nation, as is cars.com and eBay. When I was looking for mine those are the places I looked, and when I go to sell my 2008 Spyder that’s where I’ll post it, and this forum of course!
Old 09-13-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanK View Post
Why don’t you feel that autotrader.com is ok? Excellent place to get eyes on the vehicle from all across the nation, as is cars.com and eBay. When I was looking for mine those are the places I looked, and when I go to sell my 2008 Spyder that’s where I’ll post it, and this forum of course!

Its because the majority of inquiries you get are from time-wasters, dealers who want to help sell your car, low-ballers, window shoppers, etc. Becomes a massive waste of your time.

I will say it works both ways though. Have experienced my fair share of flaky or dishonest sellers which again is a giant waste of time.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:27 AM

The best way is through the forums, preferably one. You stand a much better chance of getting serious inquiries, and you can check the user by # of posts and type of posts.

Same goes by the way for buying a car. I bought my 05 G through this forum, and it was the best buying experience I ever had.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4

For what it's worth - I've sold both of my Lambos through eBay. Had them listed on all forums / autotrader / craigslist / cars.com as well.

By far the worst experience owning an exotic for me was trying to find a buyer for these cars.

Almost like fighting an uphill battle trying to find a needle in the haystack of already a very small pool of buyers. Combined with the fact that as a private seller we don't take trade ins, offer loans or have the dealers reputation behind us makes it a very tough proposition unless it's a rare vehicle or priced aggressively.

Last edited by socialpro1; 09-13-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:11 AM

I may be selling my 2013 LP 550 next year, so I am filling this. Has 6,800 miles not a mark on it. Time for 12 cylinders.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:20 PM

I sold my 2006 G through consignment with a local exotic car dealer this year. Negotiated a fair cut for them and was happy with the transaction. They were able to get a very fair price for the car in a relatively short period once the car was listed. More than I actually expected it to sell for at the time ($95k for a black 2006 with 27k miles)
2017 MB GLS450
1966 Datsun 1600 Roadster

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:45 PM

In my opinion the best route would be to trade it in through the nearest Lambo dealership, and get the tax savings on the trade-in value for your next lambo. This is what I did with my R8 V10; I traded it in to Lambo Dallas and they gave me a full 12 months to purchase the lambo through them. So even if you are not ready to buy your next Lambo, you have a full year to do so. I initially listed the R8 on Auto Trader and like others have stated, I got tons of tire kickers, companies etc trying to sell my car for me. It got to where they were wasting my time. Lambo Dallas made it easy breezy for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in