Rates of Motor Vehicle Crashes, Injuries and Deaths in Relation to Driver Age - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2019, 01:44 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Rates of Motor Vehicle Crashes, Injuries and Deaths in Relation to Driver Age

https://aaafoundation.org/rates-moto...tes-2014-2015/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2019, 02:43 PM

Good article, thanks for posting.

Shows that as we get experienced, we crash less, until we get older and lose our facilities.

Interestingly enough, this is the same kind of "bathtub" curve used in vehicle/component engineering: the early failures are usually due to manufacturing defects, the later are wear-out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 PM

Geez I consider myself lucky for surviving my teens now! I was once a stupid kid now complaining about similarly stupid kids. But I couldn't do much damage in my Honda civic even if I wanted. Just to myself and a mailbox or two maybe! That's the difference now tho. Kids be driving 700hp supercars like they're Lewis Hamilton.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Old 11-26-2019, 11:20 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincep99 View Post
Good article, thanks for posting.

Shows that as we get experienced, we crash less, until we get older and lose our facilities.

Interestingly enough, this is the same kind of "bathtub" curve used in vehicle/component engineering: the early failures are usually due to manufacturing defects, the later are wear-out.
Hi Vincep99,
for electronic components, they use MTBF- mean time before failure.
That is why so critical they have a 'burn in' procedure in the factory before the component is first used by the customer to reduce that first failure part of the curve.

On a lighter note, from this study, us drivers over 70yo can say that our accident rates match that of the 25-29 yo group, so ergo, that's how old we now feel!

"The fatal crash involvement rate of drivers ages 70-79... was comparable to that of drivers ages 25-29"

Has to be a bonus!
cheers,
john
1969 Jaguar XKE roadster, midnight blue, manual, 5.1L 6cyl-356 bhp,415 ft-lbs
2006 Toyota LandCruiser, white, auto, 4.2L 6 cyl turbo diesel
Old 11-27-2019, 03:13 AM

John
Thanks for the comment about MTBF, good to know
I like your perspective about feeling young!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in