Pre purchase advice - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2019, 10:33 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Pre purchase advice

I’m about to make a deal on a 2008 Gallardo coupe. The car has 19k miles. Is there any good/bad things I should know and be on the lookout for? The clutch snap is at 90% Any info or tips would be helpful and appreciated!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 06:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

Color? Specs? Have original sticker?
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7 - Do Not PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Talk with the owner about maintenance and what records they have. Test it out well and give it a great lookover.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 AM

*Gallardo E-Gear, 2D Coupe, 5.0L DOHC MPFI 40V V10, 6-Speed Manual with E-Gear Shifting, AWD, Nero Noctis, Nero Perseus w/Leather Seat Trim or Alcantara Interior, 3.08 Axle Ratio, 4 Speakers, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, ABS brakes, Adaptive suspension, Air Conditioning, Alcantara Interior, AM/FM radio, Auto-dimming door mirrors, Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror, Automatic temperature control, Branding Package, Bumpers: body-color, Callisto Titanium Colored Front 19 x 8.5/Rear 19 x 11 Wheels, CD player, Comfort Package, Comfort Suspension, Driver door bin, Dual front impact airbags, Dual front side impact airbags, Electronic Stability Control, Four wheel independent suspension, Front anti-roll bar, Front Bucket Seats, Front dual zone A/C, Front reading lights, Headlight cleaning, Heated door mirrors, Heated Seats, High-Intensity Discharge Headlights, Illuminated entry, Interior Carbon Package, iPod Interface, Leather Seat Trim, Low tire pressure warning, Navigation System, Outside temperature display, Passenger cancellable airbag, Passenger door bin, Power door mirrors, Power Heated Seats, Power steering, Power windows, Rear anti-roll bar, Rear-View Camera, Remote keyless entry, Speed-sensing steering, Spoiler, Sport steering wheel, Tachometer, Telescoping steering wheel, Tilt steering wheel, Traction control, Trip computer, Variably intermittent wipers, Voltmeter, Yellow Brake Calipers.Nero Noctis 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo E-Gear AWD 5.0L DOHC MPFI 40V V10
Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 AM

It would be in your best interest to get a pre-purchase inspection from a qualified third party. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:27 AM

Yes I plan to have a PPI done. Just kind of looking for any issues they are prone to that I should be aware of.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:08 AM

I did what I'd usually do for buying any car. Ask them to put the car up on a hoist. I was looking for any obvious leak, including checking shocks. Take a quick look at tires and brakes. Then, I check body panel - any obvious panel alignment which suggests body repair. BTW, I notice front bumper uneven gap on some cars that I've checked before - I don't know if it is typical Lambo build quality issue or those cars have had front bumper removed and not put back properly - seem pretty common.

Really, I rely on PPI to do most check. I just did the above brief checking to make sure I am not going to waste time and money on any PPI.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:45 AM

Search the many posts on the forum giving good advice and what to look for in a purchase.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FL_Beachman

All good advice having a well qualified shop perform the ppi/VIN report-carfax are a bit useless for anything other than when the the title changed. AC compressor-common issue on these is the compressor bearing leak or fail and its really due to the heat, the compressor is very tightly packed in and does not matter if you use or not.
Also keep in mind most of the work done to the engine requires the entire rear bumer being removed which is standard and pretty simple-feel around the lower attachments and make sure there not damaged or broken.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:28 PM

I have to add- In my opinion PPI's are a bit overrated. While I can see some value in them, many people put full trust in them. I have seen several inaccurate PPI's over the years. Many things they point out can be easily observed. I've caught things that other PPI's have missed. I personally have never done one on a car I've purchased, but have meticulously looked over and drove every car I have purchased. I've owned 50 plus cars for personal use, many high end and sports cars as well. Also- NEVER trust Carfax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in