PPI necessary with service records? 90k Gallardo - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2019, 11:24 AM

Gallery: 0

Not sure why you are even wasting your time on this car. There are much better examples, non salvage title for not much more money.

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...llardo-216840/

More miles but great condition from a forum member as one example.

Last edited by GDF; 08-25-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magik110 View Post
You guys are a huge help! Thank you. Saw the car in person yesterday.

The good: Roof works, front lift works, very new tires. No windshield cracks, and electronics working alright (windows, radio, etc). Minor cosmetic stuff basically.

The bad: Scratches under front bumper, bumper needs some body work. Power mirrors don't fold and rearview camera doesnt work, e-brake push-in cap (not sure what its called) missing.

Not worth 90 to me but would be a good project. Offered 80 contingent on PPI not showing anything major. He said no, had higher offers. I said good luck with the sale. Later in the day after some chatting he came back agreeing to my original offer of 80k, “firm".

I’m second guessing whether the PPI is even worth my time considering the responses. Even if the clutch is going and I get it for say...73K, still above the 65 mentioned. Some thinking to do!
Just my two cents and things I've learned during my search:

How old are the tires? I came across a garage queen that had no tread wear but the tires were dry rotted. Make sure the tires are new in age, not just tread life.

Even though the lift system works did you check if its leaking? If you can't get under the car, check the fluid reservoir in the engine bay to see if its low (sign that it's leaking). Like I said earlier, that's a 10k fix! I've seen a car with 20k miles on it where it was leaking so just be sure.

I personally still wouldn't pay 80k for the car the way you describe it but that's just me. I'd want it in the 60's but even then I wouldn't want a potential headache because 60 + possible 10-15k in repairs/clutch will get you back up to 75-80k.

There's no way he has offers higher than 80k, don't fall for sales tactics. If you wait, driving season is towards the end so prices will fall in general.

EDIT: I forgot this was a rebuilt title. I definitely wouldn't pay 60k for it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDF View Post
Not sure why you are even wasting your time on this car. There are much better examples, non salvage title for not much more money.

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...llardo-216840/

More miles but great condition from a forum member as one example.
Agreed!

Old 08-25-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull>Horse View Post
Just my two cents and things I've learned during my search:

How old are the tires? I came across a garage queen that had no tread wear but the tires were dry rotted. Make sure the tires are new in age, not just tread life.

Even though the lift system works did you check if its leaking? If you can't get under the car, check the fluid reservoir in the engine bay to see if its low (sign that it's leaking). Like I said earlier, that's a 10k fix! I've seen a car with 20k miles on it where it was leaking so just be sure.

I personally still wouldn't pay 80k for the car the way you describe it but that's just me. I'd want it in the 60's but even then I wouldn't want a potential headache because 60 + possible 10-15k in repairs/clutch will get you back up to 75-80k.

There's no way he has offers higher than 80k, don't fall for sales tactics. If you wait, driving season is towards the end so prices will fall in general.

EDIT: I forgot this was a rebuilt title. I definitely wouldn't pay 60k for it.
Your experience beats my positives any day. I really appreciate you taking the time for the writeup. Iíll say no thanks and watch what happens with the auction. If the best offer is low maybe Iíll revisit later, or just wait til winter to find another pre-LP spyder without a story.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magik110 View Post
Your experience beats my positives any day. I really appreciate you taking the time for the writeup. Iíll say no thanks and watch what happens with the auction. If the best offer is low maybe Iíll revisit later, or just wait til winter to find another pre-LP spyder without a story.
Hey anytime! I've received TONS of information and help on this forum from other members so just paying it forward.

Feel free to PM me whenever. I've been researching and watching the market on Gallardos for over a year now so have gained lots of knowledge and passed on my fair share of cars for various reasons.

Always happy to help!
Old 08-25-2019, 07:43 PM

That car is worth $50k. Don’t get sucked into it. RUN. Let some other guy buy a junk car that they’ll never be able to sell.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:08 PM

A few years ago I was looking at buying a G that the seller had done PPI by Lemon Squad. I'm sure they can do most standard cars pretty well but they are certainly not qualified to inspect exotic cars. They didn't even know about clutch readings nor did they put the car up on a lift to inspect underside. Just a walk around with a checklist and lots of pics. Have your PPI for a Lambo done by someone who knows these cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in