PPI necessary with service records? 90k Gallardo - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2019, 09:30 PM

Gallery: 0
Default PPI necessary with service records? 90k Gallardo

I’m looking at a rebuilt title white Gallardo tomorrow that has about 34k miles and the price is 89999 on ebay. A quick search and you guys should be able to find it.

There was rear bumper damage which the seller sent pics to me. My concern is since it has a rebuilt title, should I be concerned about frame damage? And if the service records are good, recent snap test performed, and things seem on the up and up, is a PPI necessary considering the branded title?

I can check for mirror leaks, front lift issues, pumps, clutch slips, etc all day long but not having it up on a lift is a little concerning unless I’m overthinking.

Secondly, the car has a lot of nice options, and although I don’t think I would pay 90 K for it, I’m trying to nail down a price so if somebody here had some ballparks I’d love your suggestions on that too 😬. Thank you!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 07:40 AM

FWIW, if you have 90k to spend, look for a better car. That's about a 65k car give or take. It was totaled in Washington state in 2015, that usually means at least 70% of the cars value in needed damage repair costs (much more than just a rear bumper). Hope this helps.
2000 Viper gts B/S Snake 530
1970 Challenger RT 4 speed
1970 GTO Pro Touring
2016 Cadillac Escalade
1950 Chevy Fleetline
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARANCIOBULL View Post
FWIW, if you have 90k to spend, look for a better car. That's about a 65k car give or take. It was totaled in Washington state in 2015, that usually means at least 70% of the cars value in needed damage repair costs (much more than just a rear bumper). Hope this helps.
Front bumper looks way off on paint match in pics..PPI is must..

Old 08-24-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolie View Post
Front bumper looks way off on paint match in pics..PPI is must..
The front bumper is not original, It was probably replaced when the car was wrecked and probably a industry standard color match (2 shades off) lmao. No PPI needed, you already know that cars a mess.
2000 Viper gts B/S Snake 530
1970 Challenger RT 4 speed
1970 GTO Pro Touring
2016 Cadillac Escalade
1950 Chevy Fleetline
Old 08-24-2019, 11:48 AM

I'd recommend a PPI. There's a co. called Lemon Squad that will go anywhere to check the car out if you don't have a shop nearby. I know of someone that used them to PPI a Lambo they were buying but I have not used them personally. But their prices seem reasonable.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:58 PM

$90k is way too high. I just bought a single owner perfect 2008 with 17,500 miles and the dealer was asking $99k. The PPI is most valuable when you can have someone knowledgable with the specific model and independent of the seller inspect it. Alternatively, you can have the same person who regularly services the car do the PPI. That way, you get to observe the person who has been servicing it to get an idea of how it has been serviced, such as if they are knowledgable, friendly, etc., and what have they seen and not repaired. Often with cars of this age and mileage, they find something and that becomes a bargaining tool. If you are located away from any knowledgable shops, that makes it difficult.

Chris
1984 928S (sold)
1979 911sc (sold)
Fiat spiders and x1/9s (sold)
Old 08-24-2019, 08:01 PM

PPI is a must as others have said! No brainer!!
'94 Viper RT/10 (sold)
Old 08-24-2019, 10:45 PM

I got a perfectly nice Gallardo in excellent condition (no salvage) and it was only $89,000 earlier this year. Just be patient and shop around. Prices will drop in the winter even more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Sold

- Got it!!!

- Got it!!!

Old 08-25-2019, 10:38 AM

You guys are a huge help! Thank you. Saw the car in person yesterday.

The good: Roof works, front lift works, very new tires. No windshield cracks, and electronics working alright (windows, radio, etc). Minor cosmetic stuff basically.

The bad: Scratches under front bumper, bumper needs some body work. Power mirrors don't fold and rearview camera doesnt work, e-brake push-in cap (not sure what its called) missing.

Not worth 90 to me but would be a good project. Offered 80 contingent on PPI not showing anything major. He said no, had higher offers. I said good luck with the sale. Later in the day after some chatting he came back agreeing to my original offer of 80k, “firm".

I’m second guessing whether the PPI is even worth my time considering the responses. Even if the clutch is going and I get it for say...73K, still above the 65 mentioned. Some thinking to do!

Last edited by magik110; 08-25-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull>Horse View Post
I'd recommend a PPI. There's a co. called Lemon Squad that will go anywhere to check the car out if you don't have a shop nearby. I know of someone that used them to PPI a Lambo they were buying but I have not used them personally. But their prices seem reasonable.
Lamborghini Long Island is 20 minutes away. As long as theyd do a PPI on a rebuilt titled car I would probably use them. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in