LP570 Camber Adjustment Shims - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Gallery: 0
Default LP570 Camber Adjustment Shims

I use my car exclusively on the track, but currently am still setup with the factory alignment. I want to add much more aggressive camber to the setup. Doing some research I saw that factory is around -0.5 degrees, and track use recommendation is around -1.5-3 degrees. I was recommended to a local race performance shop about having this done. Talked with him on the phone and he asked me to provide the shims for adjustment as it wasn't something they carried at their shop, but wasn't sure how many I would need. He estimated 7-10mm worth of shims per corner... which leads to my questions:

1. Is his estimate in the ball park? Is there any documentation for how many degrees each mm of adjustment adds?

2. WHERE can I buy these shims online? I found *single* 2mm OEM shims on eBay for $24 dollars... I would think I should be able to acquire a pack of shims elsewhere for much cheaper? Or is that really the cost I should expect?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
2017 MB GLS450
1966 Datsun 1600 Roadster

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 03:26 PM

They come in 6 sizes: 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 mm
you could check with Glen at AMH for a set
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-06-2019, 01:33 AM

Do your self a favor, goto a lambo dealer and get the alignment done. They have tons of shims just floating around. There is no way to tell what you need until you get in there. How low the car is and overall tire size will effect the suspension.

You can push out the camber on the oem suspension bolts but if you use too many, You may need longer wish bone bolts. I have some longer wish bone bolts you can have for cheap if you want them on hand just in case.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboTT View Post
Do your self a favor, goto a lambo dealer and get the alignment done. They have tons of shims just floating around. There is no way to tell what you need until you get in there. How low the car is and overall tire size will effect the suspension.

You can push out the camber on the oem suspension bolts but if you use too many, You may need longer wish bone bolts. I have some longer wish bone bolts you can have for cheap if you want them on hand just in case.
Lambo dealer is more of a hassle for me to get my car over to unfortunately. After a little more research I'm thinking I might be able to just use a generic alignment shim now that I see exactly how they are used. I'm interested in the longer wishbone bolts though, I'll send you a PM.
2017 MB GLS450

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:04 AM

you may want to refer to this article to see how to make a home-made shim

Checking Tire Alignment in a Gallardo
Old 08-07-2019, 01:17 PM

So upon further research, I see that my lower wishbone attachments on my LP570 look different than whats shown in that article for the 04-08 Pre-LPs. Do the LP5xx gallardos no longer use shims? I also looked in that shop manual for the LPs that was floating around, and could only find this info regarding camber adjustments:

Here is the actual lower wishbone connecting bolts for my LP570:

Can anyone confirm that the process for camber adjustment is the same or different for the LP platform?
2017 MB GLS450

Last edited by anthonymckay; 08-07-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:34 PM

Good news! Just got in touch with a Lamborghini specialty mechanic down in SoCal (@guttersnake on Instagram). He confirmed that the LP platform doesn't use shims and uses a conventional cam bolt for camber adjustments.

"Your car does not use shims, it uses convention cams. (Loosen the nut on the control arm bolt and then turn the bolt)"
2017 MB GLS450

Old 08-07-2019, 10:13 PM

You are correct.....but you’ll never get 3 degrees negative with the adjustment!
Old 08-07-2019, 10:27 PM

It looks to me that you could still install shims behind the 2 brackets that those 4 bolts go through that mount the lower control arm to achieve more negative camber.

On another note, you can install swift lower springs. This will lower your center of gravity and net you more negative camber.

2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
UR Stage 3 Twin Turbskie w Race Heads
ADV5.2 M.V1 SL Wheels & Swift Springs
Arancio Borealis

2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
2.9L Whipple Supercharger
SVE R350 Wheels & BMR Springs
Competition Orange

Past
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE
Gated Verde Ithaca
Heffner Twin GT3582R's
1016whp/726wtq on 91 Octane/Meth Injection - Dynojet

Last edited by iownedu; 08-07-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:03 PM

You can shim the lower brackets and then use the eccentric adjustment to the the alignment that you want. You will need to make the shims.......easy enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in