Lp560 ipe headers, hp gain? Nitrous? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2019, 01:18 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Lp560 ipe headers, hp gain? Nitrous?

I’ve decided to keep my lp560 instead of moving to a huracan. Currently the only modification is a fabspeed exhaust, I was thinking of adding ipe headers, bmc filters, a tune and nitrous outlet kit to the car. Possibly upgrade the clutch as well. Has anyone gone this route? Any idea of the gains from the headers? Safe nitrous shot? The only nitrous information I can find is for the huracan. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 01:42 PM

I don't know about the Gallardo specifically but I put them in my Trans Am, and it made the engine bay get really, really hot. So if you do it make sure to have ceramic coated headers and potentially wrap them. Mine were ceramic coated from the factory but it was still really hot.

Personally, if I ever really want to go big with torque and horsepower in the Gallardo I think I'd go with the VF engineering Supercharger. Works with your existing exhaust mods, and gives the engine that extra torque down low which the 5.2L v10 is missing compared to the v12 cars. Plus it's reversible if you need to, and generally easier to run daily than twin turbos.

That being said nothing looks as awesome as opening your rear deck lid to see a well-done twin turbo system.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-15-2019, 05:11 PM

I have been waiting for a post like this! I am into the extreme ideas.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:31 AM

General consensus is that the headers on the LP aren't worth it. Lots of $ for very little gain as the stock headers are designed well. The only reason I would do it is to get rid of the pre-cats which are built into the stock headers, but they are tiny and free flowing. Tune will get you a little bit and filters a tiny bit. I would go supercharger or twin turbo!

Also- If you haven't already done so, get the KLA shifter paddles, huge upgrade!
Old 10-16-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo View Post
I have been waiting for a post like this! I am into the extreme ideas.

It wouldnít make the most hp, but Iíd be content to maximize it as much as possible NA and have 100-150 available. Thinking of some weight reduction as well.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusingeek View Post
I don't know about the Gallardo specifically but I put them in my Trans Am, and it made the engine bay get really, really hot. So if you do it make sure to have ceramic coated headers and potentially wrap them. Mine were ceramic coated from the factory but it was still really hot.

Personally, if I ever really want to go big with torque and horsepower in the Gallardo I think I'd go with the VF engineering Supercharger. Works with your existing exhaust mods, and gives the engine that extra torque down low which the 5.2L v10 is missing compared to the v12 cars. Plus it's reversible if you need to, and generally easier to run daily than twin turbos.

That being said nothing looks as awesome as opening your rear deck lid to see a well-done twin turbo system.
Hard to argue with boost lol.
I was considering a supercharger, but wanted to look into this route. A supercharger or nitrous will help with low end torque, and obviously a turbo setup is the ultimate for hp. If I went turbo, Iíd probably just sell my car and buy one completed already.

Iíve had headers on most of my domestic cars up to this point with good results, but I wasnít sure how efficient the factory manifolds are on the lp560. Possibly not enough gains for the hassle.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj33low View Post
General consensus is that the headers on the LP aren't worth it. Lots of $ for very little gain as the stock headers are designed well. The only reason I would do it is to get rid of the pre-cats which are built into the stock headers, but they are tiny and free flowing. Tune will get you a little bit and filters a tiny bit. I would go supercharger or twin turbo!

Also- If you haven't already done so, get the KLA shifter paddles, huge upgrade!
KLA paddles are on the list! For the headers are we talking 20hp? Less? I know it will be an engine out job too. Itís hard to argue with a supercharger, but Iím still toying with the nitrous idea.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergtsguy View Post
Iíve decided to keep my lp560 instead of moving to a huracan. Currently the only modification is a fabspeed exhaust, I was thinking of adding ipe headers, bmc filters, a tune and nitrous outlet kit to the car. Possibly upgrade the clutch as well. Has anyone gone this route? Any idea of the gains from the headers? Safe nitrous shot? The only nitrous information I can find is for the huracan. Thanks
Awesome. I can get you all of those when you're ready, just let me know. In the meantime, you will want one of these...

https://www.burtmanindustries.com/zo...do_sprint_boos

Also, go here to read more feedback from forum members who installed this same unit:

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...i-love-213686/

Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7 - Do Not PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in