Long starting question - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2019, 01:26 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Long starting question

Just purchased an 04. I'm still in the process of learning how everything works so any links advice would be great. Car will never go to a shop. I do all the work myself. My question is does the car turn over when in gear. I normally have left it in neutral with parking break on. Start up is smooth. But trying to get in the habit of leaving it in gear when parked. Last few times o did, forgot it was in gear. Starting it up took almost a full 10 sec of turning, when normally I have 3-4. Is this coincidental? I'd think itd auto go in neutral or not crank at all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2019, 01:39 PM

At least on my 07 if your foot is on the brake it will automatically go into neutral on startup. I typically leave my car in gear and notice no difference in startup time between starting in gear or in neutral.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2019, 08:54 PM

In the manual (at least for my LP 560) it recommends to leave it in first or R when parking and shutting off the car to prevent it from having the chance to roll upon a parking break failure. My car also switches to N after holding the break and starting the car.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

what I love is you can start these cars without needing your foot on the brake if it's in neutral. Meaning you can reach through the window and start it without being in it.
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7 - Do Not PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:02 AM

If its left in gear and its an egear car then there will usually be a slight delay as the hydraulic system for the egear has to prime and build pressure and then also get the transmission into neutral for starting, it will shift to neutral by default for starting regardless even if its in R or 1.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidn3 View Post
Just purchased an 04. I'm still in the process of learning how everything works so any links advice would be great. Car will never go to a shop. I do all the work myself. My question is does the car turn over when in gear. I normally have left it in neutral with parking break on. Start up is smooth. But trying to get in the habit of leaving it in gear when parked. Last few times o did, forgot it was in gear. Starting it up took almost a full 10 sec of turning, when normally I have 3-4. Is this coincidental? I'd think itd auto go in neutral or not crank at all.
Doing all the work yourself you will not have any factory free service bulletins or ECU free mapping upgrades done?
Old 12-02-2019, 02:37 PM

Welcome to the forum, read and learn, first thing is to get the repair manual for the 04 floating around, do a search....it's actually a parts, maintenance, repair & electrical. And yes my 04 takes a long crank to rumble
Old 12-02-2019, 07:46 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SanjaySchulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelram16 View Post
Welcome to the forum, read and learn, first thing is to get the repair manual for the 04 floating around, do a search....it's actually a parts, maintenance, repair & electrical. And yes my 04 takes a long crank to rumble
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...3RteU5qaF9rOVE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:35 AM

I always put mine (gated) into N for three reasons:
- Safety
- Less drag on starter (thus higher cranking speed) due to not rotating the gears
- Habit (since all my cars always had a neutral safety switch)

I was amazed to find out mine did NOT have a neutral safety switch!! At least that is what the manual says (I never had the guts to try it)
Old 12-03-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjaySchulz View Post
Do you happen to have the LP manual? Would be greatly appreciated.

2012 Lamborghini 550-2 Spyder
2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
2009 Ferrari 16M
2007 Lotus Exige S
+ a "few" others
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Twitter:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in