License Plate Lights Not Working - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2020, 05:27 PM

Gallery: 0
Default License Plate Lights Not Working

Having an issue with my license plate lights not working. Both bulbs were burned out so I replaced them with standard bulbs and that didn't work, so naturally I checked the fuse which was good. So I got out my voltage indicator and there's power to both bulbs but not lighting up. When I touched my grounded indicator to the bulbs they lit up. Not sure what I'm missing. It's a plastic housing snapping into a plastic bumper. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 06:09 PM

Did you purchase the bulbs from the dealer or one of the vendors that sell Lamborghini parts? I had to replace a bulb and the only place I could get it was at the Lambo dealer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:09 PM

No. I bought Silvania 6418's.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:59 AM

Sometimes you have to have specific OEM bulbs. You seem to have eliminated everything else. If you are not near a lambo dealer, you can try ordering from Glen, one of our forum sponsors: AMH Exotic Parts | New and Used Exotic Auto Parts | Lamborghini Parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:52 PM

Sounds like the bulbs are ok, as is the circuit. The sockets may corroded or otherwise not contacting the bulbs properly. Are you sure the contacts on the bulbs are making a good connection in the socket?
1984 928S (sold)
1979 911sc (sold)
Fiat spiders and x1/9s (sold)
Old 03-26-2020, 12:56 PM

Yes, but I just spoke with Glen at AMH and he couldn't find a bulb number for the plate lights either. He said the new housings come with the bulbs already in them so I'm getting a couple new ones from him. I think the bulbs I put in them are just incorrect.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie462 View Post
Yes, but I just spoke with Glen at AMH and he couldn't find a bulb number for the plate lights either. He said the new housings come with the bulbs already in them so I'm getting a couple new ones from him. I think the bulbs I put in them are just incorrect.
Please let us know if the OEM Lambo bulbs work. Glen is a good guy. I have ordered a lot of stuff from him over the years.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:57 PM

pre LP the housings are the same part as Audi TT.

off the shelf globes from an auto store will work fine. it is just a standard globe.

I replaced a housing a while a go, similar symptoms, it had failed due to corrosion as suggested above.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:18 AM
Supporting Vendor

Switch to led. That’s what I did. No issues now. Something may have vibrated loose.

Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 (24/7) - Do Not PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Switch to led. That’s what I did. No issues now. Something may have vibrated loose.

I suggest to put a resistor or you will have an OBD error and they will be as bright as the rear Gear bulbs.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Gallardo SE 2005.
interior leds,dimming interior mirror,Solenoid exhaust switch in DRL mod,carbon sterring wheel from DCTMS,carbon interior (door latch,central console, hand brake,clusters) ,Dension bluetooth module+ integrated mic in the roof, D2S Xenarc Osram CBI bulbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in