How to tie down a Gallardo in a covered trailer? - Page 8 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2016, 04:55 PM

Gallery: 3

Hey Kratos...it's 18 ft long (total length including tongue about 23 ft)...I have it in a warehouse I think it's 96 inches interior of trailer wide but I'd have to remeasure that as I can't recall...remember in the US 102 inches is widest legal width...my trailer may be that fender well to fender well.. I'll try and measure it tomorrow and let you know..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2016, 05:25 PM

Hey Kratos..sent you a pm...it's 96 inches interior...82 inches between wheel wells..no problem for Gallardo..I don't have to turn mirrors in either when hauling as they aren't even close to the inside of the trailer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-2016, 09:18 PM

Gallery: 0

I have had a Pace for a number of years. I believe they went BK and someone else makes them now, but still an excellent quality trailer. Torsion axles, all LED lighting, and mine is all aluminum including the frame.

You can get many trailers made in a "racers" height, or about 5' tall inside as oppose to my trailers 6'3". Some are even higher. This does cut into the wind and reduce MPG on the tow vehicle.

Nice thing is I have used this for many uses, not just cars. One of the beast features is the coin rubber floor.
This is about 22' long with aluminum cabinets and storage, all locking with battery, and 110V plug in shore power. My Ford SD tows it with ease loaded. The GVWR is 10,000 pounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trailer 2.jpg (43.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg trailer 1.jpg (53.8 KB, 29 views)

Old 01-21-2016, 08:06 AM

Here is one a bit longer, taller, easy access and aerodynamics Montrose Trailers - Custom Aluminum Trailers

Old 01-21-2016, 04:53 PM

Hey RBH.that's exactly my trailer just a little taller.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:41 PM

Last month I finally pulled the plug and had Montrose Trailers build me a trailer. Gary Sr. delivered the trailer to me himself during the latter part of last week. What a great man. After trekking almost 1400 miles, he took around two hours to walk me through and go over every detail of the build.

This trailer build will accommodate the Gallardo, Huracan and even the Aventador, allowing the doors to open on both sides. Normal ramp size is 10’ x 15” but they extended my ramps to 12’ x 17”. Using the car front lift, the extra 2’ provides plenty of clearance loading and unloading the car. Since I travel alone a lot, the 17” ramps provide the security in knowing I can zip up and down the ramps with plenty of room for my tires.

I can say driving in and out of the trailer is not a problem at all. Escape hatches on both sides in my opinion are a must as it not only allows easy access to the car, strapping down the tires is a breeze. It was suggested I go with the Mac’s VersaTie track system along with their custom wheel nets. Upon providing Jeremy at Mac’s with my measurements, he had the nets and gear to me in a week.

I made a 300 mile round trip this past weekend pulling my G Spyder behind my 2016 Cayenne Turbo S. Not a problem at all, all aluminum, great aero dynamics made for a very smooth and stable pull. Montrose moved the axles back on the trailer to accommodate the rear weight of the Lambo. I was able to complete the loading of the car and able to drive away in about 30 minutes.

Wanting a trailer for your Lambo or car? Call Montrose, they will build to spec.

Specs
--- Base: 20’ x 94” square back w/ 8” fenders and 185/80D13 tires on aluminum wheels to get 85” between the fenders so the car would clear.
--- Height – 88”
--- Width – 102”
--- Length – 24’ (from tongue to rear)
--- Empty Weight - Between 2,050# and 2,150#
--- 12’ x 17” ramps
--- Winch and battery
--- Second side door
--- Matching spare
--- Aluminum Vents
--- Storage in floor with lids - 8’ x 28” + 4’ x 28”
--- LED Lighting
--- Black color
--- Versa Trac (Positioned to accommodate the H Spyder according to its specs)
--- Mac’s Custom Wheel Nets (Ordered from Mac’s)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4142.jpg (125.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4153.jpg (71.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4159.jpg (82.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4162.jpg (69.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4164.jpg (79.6 KB, 58 views)

2017 Huracαn Spyder 610-4 / UR 55 (S3)
2016 Cayenne Turbo S
2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
2005 GMC Pickup (grin)
Old 03-28-2016, 07:59 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 1

^^^^^^^very nice.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:14 AM

awesome trailer. I guess lambo hasn't made an suv in a while :-)
Old 03-28-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fccorp View Post
Last month I finally pulled the plug and had Montrose Trailers build me a trailer. Gary Sr. delivered the trailer to me himself during the latter part of last week. What a great man. After trekking almost 1400 miles, he took around two hours to walk me through and go over every detail of the build.

This trailer build will accommodate the Gallardo, Huracan and even the Aventador, allowing the doors to open on both sides. Normal ramp size is 10’ x 15” but they extended my ramps to 12’ x 17”. Using the car front lift, the extra 2’ provides plenty of clearance loading and unloading the car. Since I travel alone a lot, the 17” ramps provide the security in knowing I can zip up and down the ramps with plenty of room for my tires.

I can say driving in and out of the trailer is not a problem at all. Escape hatches on both sides in my opinion are a must as it not only allows easy access to the car, strapping down the tires is a breeze. It was suggested I go with the Mac’s VersaTie track system along with their custom wheel nets. Upon providing Jeremy at Mac’s with my measurements, he had the nets and gear to me in a week.

I made a 300 mile round trip this past weekend pulling my G Spyder behind my 2016 Cayenne Turbo S. Not a problem at all, all aluminum, great aero dynamics made for a very smooth and stable pull. Montrose moved the axles back on the trailer to accommodate the rear weight of the Lambo. I was able to complete the loading of the car and able to drive away in about 30 minutes.

Wanting a trailer for your Lambo or car? Call Montrose, they will build to spec.

Specs
--- Base: 20’ x 94” square back w/ 8” fenders and 185/80D13 tires on aluminum wheels to get 85” between the fenders so the car would clear.
--- Height – 88”
--- Width – 102”
--- Length – 24’ (from tongue to rear)
--- Empty Weight - Between 2,050# and 2,150#
--- 12’ x 17” ramps
--- Winch and battery
--- Second side door
--- Matching spare
--- Aluminum Vents
--- Storage in floor with lids - 8’ x 28” + 4’ x 28”
--- LED Lighting
--- Black color
--- Versa Trac (Positioned to accommodate the H Spyder according to its specs)
--- Mac’s Custom Wheel Nets (Ordered from Mac’s)
Very nice setup
Old 03-28-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
It's getting time for me to pull the trigger on one. But I probably need to build it to Aventador specs and not Gallardo, just in case I upgrade to a "bigger" car in the future...?
Remember which way your doors open if your in a closed trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in