How many of you worry about leaving the car alone in public? - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2019, 04:14 PM

Gallery: 0

A couple of weekends ago I was at Whiterock beach here in Vancouver. A nice lady came and asked if she could sit in the car for a few pics taken by her other lady friend. No -problem for me, I acquiesced and opened the door and showed her how to gracefully get in...after a few pics she got out. I didn't notice the heels she was wearing and also as she exited the car planted them on the sill of the doorway and left a nice dent!! arrrggg! I didn't notice it until I topped up the gas to put the Bull to bed. I'm thinking "no good deed will go unpunished" ...haha, oh well it's only a car...
2015 MB ML-350
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 09:01 AM

Lamborghini will always get attention no matter the year, leave it somewhere to long and you will find a hand print for a selfie on it. Go to the gas station and someone will ask you a million questions. Cold start it in the neighborhood at 0600 on your way to the car show and you will be hated. Its called "Lambo Life" just enjoy the ride....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-2019, 10:46 AM

If I park my Murcielago anywhere I am always within very close proximity and sight of it.

The downside, when I take it to car shows I never get to see the rest of the cars other than what is parked close to mine.

I wish it didn't have to be like that, but sadly some people have no respect for other peoples property, which I have seen first hand done to other peoples cars.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 AM

Looking at this thread it unfortunately seems most people will get ulcers from worrying about their car vs smiling and having fun driving like they were meant to be, I will leave parked in hotel parking lots on road trips yes.... drove on road trips to San Antonio, New Orleans, Michigan without any incidents , although I will choose to park where others wont be so inclined to park next , leaving it over night has never been a problems and my wife and I love road trips in exotics
Old 06-26-2019, 12:28 PM

Yes, these cars do attract a LOT of attention. Sometimes it is fun as for a moment you are a celebrity, but sometimes it is not fun as people do not necessarily respect you or your car and are jealous.
The Bad:
I parked my car and went to dinner. When I came out someone had rubbed their tennis shoe soles on the back of my car. I had to scrub off the rubber and polish out the scratches.
I was at the Toyota Grand Prix where our cars were on exhibition. There was a security guard but he was worthless. When I came back to our cars, two women were trying to break into my car. I yelled at them to leave my car and all the rest alone. I said these are owned by private people and said how would you like it if someone tried to get into their car. The gray Gallardo car next to mine was heavily scratched all over. It was pristine when we parked our cars. People were jumping over the sides of the cars to get into Ferrari's and a Rolls that had their top down and were parked in another area near the Lambo area.
At another show, I had a photographer have his model lean on my car. When I asked her to get her hand off my car she refused. I chewed out the photographer and the model who did not speak english and said he needed to respect our cars and also ask our permission to photograph our cars, especially for profit. I caught other women in spike heels at the same car show climbing on and in other cars. It was sheer horror!
At another car show I had to tell a young woman who was sitting on my car to get off the hood of my car. She continued to sit there and had the gall to yell back at me. That is when I yelled for security and told her if she didn't leave my car alone that I would have her arrested.

The Good:
People think you are a celebrity. I have had people drive up to see who I was. I am not a celebrity- my car is the celebrity. I have had police ride next to me and give me a thumbs up or say "nice car" and/or ask how I can keep it to the speed limit-LOL. I have been on a the freeway or other roads or at a stop light and had people yell that they love my car. I have driven disabled children for charity in my car. My car has won many awards and has been in 10+ car magazines-pretty cool. These are the good things, and I cherish them.

So, I keep an eye on my car or have a trusted friend watch it at all times. I worked so very hard for the car I love. It is the car of my dreams.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:33 PM

I was brought up not to touch another person's car and definitely not the glass. People seem to use my Diablo as a leaning post when taking pictures.

This is what I say.
"Hey mate. Not trying to sound like a prick or anything but can I trouble you to tell me what your car is worth?" He says, "$11 or $12,000". So I say, "That's great. I bet you hate people leaning on your car?" He says "yes". I say, "Just to let you know, these cars aren't bog filled cars. If it gets a dent the panel gets replaced. See what you are leaning on there (side flank), if you dent it, the cost to just buy the panel is $18,000 and then I have to do something with it. I won't even touch your car so how about you get off mine."

Yes it is a worry leaving my car because people don't care. Kids on scooters and bikes annoy me greatly.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:11 PM

The good far outweighs the bad, however. I have had both but much more of the former.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:13 AM

Prior to owning the G, I drove a Acura NSX, triple black I could not take that car ANYWHERE without someone bothering it! I cant tell you how many times I'd look and see what I felt was an intentional scratch on it, I'd get so ticked off. I'm sure the G will attract attention.

I work at a high school where kids have access to staff parking, I'll NEVER drive it to work LOL, LOL, LOL. This school is well (not kinda) it's in the hood.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:46 PM

Unfortunately there are a small minority of people that don't have respect for other peoples property. Even though I live in an affluent area, I have had multiple incidents as others have mentioned:
1. I went to see a movie at a theater one time and came out 2 hours later and there was multiple "spits" on my drivers side window and hood.
2. Multiple times I've had lipstick "kisses" on my window. It seems innocent but some of that crap is really hard to get off.
3. Even if spectators try to be respectful, there are times when accidents happen. More than once I have had people "peek" into the drivers window or into the engine bay(clear hood) and their BELTS scratched the car. So ridiculous to me...
4. Not really related to these incidents, but it reminded me of the very first day I got my G and drove to the gas station. As I'm getting out of the car I look to the next car over and see a girl in the passenger seat flashing me her ( o )( o ) - The best part is that her man was filling up the car as that happened. It really caught me off guard :-D
Old 06-27-2019, 02:56 PM

Most admire our cars and are respectful. Unfortunately there are some out there that will abuse our cars either unknowingly or with purpose. Leaving your car out of sight is probably not the best move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in