How many of you worry about leaving the car alone in public? - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2019, 08:21 PM

Gallery: 0

It all depends how anal you are if it doesn’t bother you that people will lean on your car finger prints on windows and people placing their hands on your car then you will be fine

Even at cars and coffee events it’s stupid kids who just say I’ve never touched a lambo and just run their fingers front to back of the car. Yes it has happened.

There’s just no respect now a days. So just expect it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 09:32 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SanjaySchulz

I have a black Gallardo Coupe and since I am a big fan of the anime "Initial D" I placed a decal on each side of the car and a racing stripe all across the top.
If it wasn't for the decals it would probably get no more attention than a heavily modified Mustang or Camaro.
Since I am trying to run the car at least once a week I started to take it to the gym on Sundays when the parking lot is a lot less crowded so I can always take a peek at it from the inside.
Since the car has a 6 point roll cage I also have an action cam pointed at every direction and they record the whole time I am gone which may be a deterrent once someone sees the red blinking recording light.
So far nobody has done anything stupid to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190430_233058_987.jpg (47.7 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by SanjaySchulz; 09-19-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-21-2019, 12:18 AM

Clear bra wrap is your friend.

The H is the second car I have had fully wrapped. While it is not a completely idiot proof solution, it does prevent some minor contact damage at shows.

I also roll the windows down partially. It allows people to check out the interior without having to put their hands on the door glass to see in. I do however, keep the window up high enough that the occasional idiot with their slurpee can’t spill into my interior.

When at a show, I always lock my doors. I do this for two reasons. The first is that the mirrors fold in, preventing accidental damage as people walk by. The second is that it eliminates some self entitled sack of dung from thinking they can open the door and “try the car on for size”.

While I am better about the H than my former SL, I am still VERY protective of my Countach.

I also have two personal car show modes, “nice D” and “not so nice D”.

Respect our cars, and I am a great guy. I will answer questions about the car, socialize and in many cases, unlock the door to let someone sit in the car. I will even take pictures of them in the car with their cel phones.

Disrespect my car, or any cars in our group, (as Ozzir, Nightlife or TTbear can attest) and I am a somewhat less than pleasant to the offending individual.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:59 AM

I never leave mine unattended... never ever!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:44 AM

It depends on the location. I am worried about the scenario you've mentioned - gangs/troublesome kids.

Exotic cars are quite a common scene in where I live (Toronto). My other worry is not the attention, but all the careless people (who don't care) who just hit the car when opening their doors, etc.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjaySchulz View Post
I have a black Gallardo Coupe and since I am a big fan of the anime "Initial D" I placed a decal on each side of the car and a racing stripe all across the top.
If it wasn't for the decals it would probably get no more attention than a heavily modified Mustang or Camaro.
Since I an trying to run the car at least once a week I started to take it to the gym on Sundays when the parking lot is a lot less crowded so I can always take a peek at it from the inside.
Since the car has a 6 point roll cage I also have an action cam pointed at every direction and they record the whole time I am gone which may be a deterrent once someone sees the red blinking recording light.
So far nobody has done anything stupid to it.
You should have wrapped the whole car in white, and put on the tofu store sign at the door.

(Probably only initial D fans can understand ...)
Old 06-21-2019, 06:19 AM

I was participating many car shows since 2012 to 2018. But afterwards i decided to stop it. A majority of spectators is not diligent and neat towards exotic cars. Nobody takes care of somebody's properties the way as good as they would treat his/her ones. It is the confirmed statement. I am tired to be nervous and do feel uncomfortable when someone wants (deliberately or may be unintentionally) to touch/lean/scratch my car. No way.
Nowadays i prefer private meetups with friends. I enjoy this type of events.
3) 2012 Giallo Orion Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 (top notch)
4) 2015 Red Ducati 1299 Panigale S Daytona Edition (virgin)
5) 2017 Daily Chocolate Infinity QX70 (top notch)

Last edited by Dereiter; 06-21-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:13 AM

I also think it really depends on where the car is left. Most of the time I'll leave my black on tan 2008 Spyder out with the top down and not worry much about it. However, most of the time if I've driven the car somewhere it's probably for a nice night on the town and in a nice location, I don't daily drive the car.

I do prefer parking somewhere where I can see/watch the car though, just because I still like looking at it and the people watching is pretty fun. People taking pictures and posing with the car, etc. To me that's half the fun of owning the car.

My black car gets plenty of attention, so I can only imagine if it was bright orange. Most people in KC and probably people in general, don't really know the age of the car and just know it's exotic by the proportions and because "It's a Lambo!"

Last edited by EvanK; 06-21-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

It is definitely a problem.. I almost drive mine daily coming from my Porsche, I never worried about it. One day I came out from the mall with two people all over it.. now I don't go anywhere unless I can see who is around.. part of the ownership.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Billy Wenk
CEO/Founder @ HBi Auto
PORSCHE | FERRARI | LAMBORGHINI
Sales - Service - Performance - Parts - Detail - Transport
E-mail:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 336-978-8818
Web:

Instagram:

Facebook:

YouTube:
Old 06-21-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12097 View Post
Clear bra wrap is your friend.

The H is the second car I have had fully wrapped. While it is not a completely idiot proof solution, it does prevent some minor contact damage at shows.

I also roll the windows down partially. It allows people to check out the interior without having to put their hands on the door glass to see in. I do however, keep the window up high enough that the occasional idiot with their slurpee can’t spill into my interior.

When at a show, I always lock my doors. I do this for two reasons. The first is that the mirrors fold in, preventing accidental damage as people walk by. The second is that it eliminates some self entitled sack of dung from thinking they can open the door and “try the car on for size”.

While I am better about the H than my former SL, I am still VERY protective of my Countach.

I also have two personal car show modes, “nice D” and “not so nice D”.

Respect our cars, and I am a great guy. I will answer questions about the car, socialize and in many cases, unlock the door to let someone sit in the car. I will even take pictures of them in the car with their cel phones.

Disrespect my car, or any cars in our group, (as Ozzir, Nightlife or TTbear can attest) and I am a somewhat less than pleasant to the offending individual.

LMAO.. Oh ya I forgot if you're around I'm good to leave it anywhere..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in