How many of you worry about leaving the car alone in public? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2019, 02:42 PM

Gallery: 0
Default How many of you worry about leaving the car alone in public?

Still on the hunt for a G that meets my criteria, the length of this search is starting to cause me to have some doubts.

I've always owned a practical car and a fun car. Typically the fun car is my daily and the practical car is only used for purposes like hauling, carrying a bunch of stuff from home depot, etc.

Today I parked at a store and in the back was a yellow F430. Not only an F430, but a group of 3 or 4 teenagers hovering around it. Made me think, if I daily drive a Gallardo, am I going to be able to park it without being paranoid?

Just wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiences if you often drive your car and leave it alone in public. These sorts of vehicles, even with their age, are not common in my town at all. I'm just not sure if the Gallardo is "dated" enough to still attract a ton of unwanted attention. I imagine back in the mid 2000's youd feel like a celebrity driving it, but whats it like these days? I dont mind indulging people who are interested, but its the negative attention I'm worried about.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 03:14 PM

Left mine where I could see it one time so far. I was 500 feet away and i was nervous as hell. Kids rode their bikes up to it and were taking selfies while practically leaning up against it,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013LP550-2 View Post
Left mine where I could see it one time so far. I was 500 feet away and i was nervous as hell. Kids rode their bikes up to it and were taking selfies while practically leaning up against it,
Was that recent? It seems like kids these days are mainly interested in electric vehicles. That, coupled with the fact that almost every manufacturer is going for this sharp, angular look, makes me want to assume the G wouldnt get *too* much attention these days, but maybe I'm wrong.

I guess my main concern is coming out of a store to a horde of punk kids surrounding the thing and being troublesome. I'm waiting for a car in gray to pop up. I'd like orange but I think that would just be too much. Maybe gray would blend in more.

Last edited by MindfulMoose; 06-20-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:41 PM

I don't leave it anywhere unless I can see it. I feel safe at Cars and Coffee since almost everyone is an enthusiast, but I don't park in public unless I'm at a restaurant with outdoor seating and I'm parked right there. I don't want to think of what I would do if I saw some idiot sitting on it
Old 06-20-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFoxMGS View Post
I don't leave it anywhere unless I can see it. I feel safe at Cars and Coffee since almost everyone is an enthusiast, but I don't park in public unless I'm at a restaurant with outdoor seating and I'm parked right there. I don't want to think of what I would do if I saw some idiot sitting on it
Funny, I'm a bit of the opposite with my current car. Always feel nervous walking away with the hood up at a show. Takes one dope to unscrew something or mess with the wrong thing under the hood.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:44 PM

Yes last week it happened. Where I am there are about 50+ exotics around and my 2013 LP550-2 still makes people go crazy. I've had people follow me, yell out the windows to me. It's crazy. Mine is green so it sticks out but all Lamborghinis stick out
Old 06-20-2019, 04:18 PM

Gallardo still gets crazy attention. I don't leave it unless I can see it or its safe somewhere. The odd time Ive stopped at Costco or somewhere for a few mins but parked far away from the main area and around a corner where its too far away for people to be bothered parking beside it but even then there is usually someone stopped to see it. Dont buy a Lambo if you are worried about attention. It can get tiring but it comes with the car.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:42 PM

My black gallardo spyder really doesn’t draw that much attention, it’s just a black car to most people. If they get a good look at it, people will react, but I coast by people who aren’t even looking. I can park it in the shadows and it’s just a black car unless you look twice. I have a red 71 Mach 1 that draws more attention because it pops out from traffic. It’s nice to have the best of both worlds but sometimes I wish I had stuck to my original plan of a verde Ithaca spyder. Get what you want and worry about the rest when you actually have to deal with it.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzir View Post
Gallardo still gets crazy attention. I don't leave it unless I can see it or its safe somewhere. The odd time Ive stopped at Costco or somewhere for a few mins but parked far away from the main area and around a corner where its too far away for people to be bothered parking beside it but even then there is usually someone stopped to see it. Dont buy a Lambo if you are worried about attention. It can get tiring but it comes with the car.
Sooo true..
2015 MB ML-350
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
Old 06-20-2019, 05:32 PM

My black Gallardo is a neck breaker haha. I think the SL spoiler really helps it stand out with an otherwise "boring" black color compared to Verde Ithica, Arancio Borealis, Blu Cepheus, etc. But once it's parked at Cars and Coffee, it really does get more attention than the numerous Huracans. My buddy with a 458 and GT3 describes my car as "menacing" and I've also heard the look of my car described as "Vader'd out" like Darth Vader lol. He looks angry even with a santa hat on!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in