How do you feel about a hybrid or turbo Lamborghini? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2019, 01:40 PM

Gallery: 0
Default How do you feel about a hybrid or turbo Lamborghini?

https://www.carrushome.com/en/lambor...-going-hybrid/

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-if-necessary/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2019, 02:54 PM

"small-displacement turbo V8s"...... might as well buy a Subaru.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-26-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromberg View Post
"small-displacement turbo V8s"...... might as well buy a Subaru.
Funny! True.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:47 PM

Holy old article in the second link! We've got some special cars in either case, so I'm happy my '08 Super G is still so low on miles and such a joy to drive. I have never veered towards an H or 'Vent for a reason. Only pivot considered was to a Murci.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:24 PM

I dread that day-

V10 Or v12 is a lambo for me.

If I wanted turbos, I’d have a Porsche.

Sound is 1/2 the battle-
Old 11-26-2019, 07:30 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboGrasshopper View Post
I dread that day-

V10 Or v12 is a lambo for me.

If I wanted turbos, Id have a Porsche.

Sound is 1/2 the battle-
I agree, I will make sure I get the last year of production before the change.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 11-26-2019, 08:33 PM

Who would not take an Underground TT? They still sound pretty badass.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag02M5 View Post
Agreed. Or any garden variety TT company out there (sheepey race, CFI, Dallas, etc). I've driven TT huracan. It's mind boggling fast.

But the difference is going from their V10/12 heritage to a tiny forced induction V8 because of "trends" or "emissions standards". Mind you my RS7 is TT V8 tuned to roughly 750hp, and its a much bigger monster than my super G. But it's still NOT a Super G.

There will never be a subsitute for big displacement NA V10s and12s. Ever. Period. Don't do it Lamborghini. Stop listening to your VW bosses!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag02M5 View Post
Agreed.+1!

UR TT is very badass and reliable.

You can drive the UR TT like a 'normal' lambo with same reliability or turn it into a 'beast' with same reliability and hang on!

In my experience, theres nothing quite like it when you hear the turbos spooling up, the boost hits and you go into warp drive!

Talk about the 'iron fist in the velvet glove'.

My RS6 V10TT is faster than my 2009 LP560-4 and a very comfortable cruiser 'sleeper' as well.
But it doesn't have the 'gee, look at that" I get when go into the garage that the G provides.

Would I buy an EV no. I have driven a Tesla P100D on the track. Well engineered car. Also on a jaguar car drivers day, paced three tesla p100D's driving in ludicrous+ mode with my RS6 behind them. All very fast, handled well and I had to move the RS6 to keep up with them on first couple of laps, but passed them all and lapped them after three laps.

Back in the pits, I asked what happened to their tesla's. They said all went into 'limp mode' as their batteries overheated due to the repeated cycles of discharge on flat out acceleration and recharge on hard braking. There was nothing in the online manual about driving on a race circuit.

I am sure that as battery technology progress's this 'challenge' for road cars will be overcome as it has for the e-tron race cars.

A V10 lambo with hybrid power, would consider but running out of garage space, understanding wife and time.

cheers,
john
1969 Jaguar XKE roadster, midnight blue, manual, 5.1L 6cyl-356 bhp,415 ft-lbs
2006 Toyota LandCruiser, white, auto, 4.2L 6 cyl turbo diesel

Last edited by lamboperth; 11-26-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in