Gated Gallardo Clutch Issue - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2019, 08:09 PM

Gallery: 0
Exclamation Gated Gallardo Clutch Issue

Hi all, needed some help. Have a very weird situation with my G. Had lost my key for the vehicle after driving it 4 weeks ago. Parked it, sat outside in the elements for 4 weeks. Found the key yesterday - went to drive it, and the clutch is not engaging. When the car is off, you can push the car thru all the gears, but as soon as you start the car - push the clutch (feels normal), but trying to put the car in gear and it won't go - its like forcing it but won't move. If you shut the car down, and put it in gear, then try to start it with foot on the clutch - if jumps like you don't even have your foot on the clutch. Clutch was replaced by a forum member about 4000 miles ago.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2019, 08:15 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardmd View Post
Hi all, needed some help. Have a very weird situation with my G. Had lost my key for the vehicle after driving it 4 weeks ago. Parked it, sat outside in the elements for 4 weeks. Found the key yesterday - went to drive it, and the clutch is not engaging. When the car is off, you can push the car thru all the gears, but as soon as you start the car - push the clutch (feels normal), but trying to put the car in gear and it won't go - its like forcing it but won't move. If you shut the car down, and put it in gear, then try to start it with foot on the clutch - if jumps like you don't even have your foot on the clutch. Clutch was replaced by a forum member about 4000 miles ago.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Your gated clutch was replaced 4,000 miles ago? Just curious how many miles were on it when they replaced it?
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash and console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-2019, 08:27 PM

About 28K miles, car currently has about 32k miles on it

Old 07-24-2019, 05:33 AM

Could be the clutch has some corrosion / rust on it and is stuck to the pressure plate and flywheel. Not sure the best way to fix that with it in the car.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:41 AM

Gallery: 4

Check clutch fluid
Check slave cylinder is moving under the car
Check for leaks
Could be throw out bearing, pressure plate perhaps?
2006 Ducati 695 monster
1996 e39 540ia - exhaust, msport bits
2007 997.1 GT3 - guards red (gone)
2010 Panamera S - yachting blue (gone)
2012 XF Jaguar - White (gone)
2012 Cayenne - White (gone)
2002 Carrera c4s (gone)
Old 07-24-2019, 07:09 AM

As stated above, you most likely have a leak in the hydraulic clutch system.
2000 Viper gts B/S Snake 530
1970 Challenger RT 4 speed
1970 GTO Pro Touring
2016 Cadillac Escalade
1950 Chevy Fleetline
Old 07-24-2019, 10:04 AM

Had the exact same problem on another car and it was exactly what paintballrefjosh said: the clutch disk was frozen to the pressure plate. I tried everything, included some not good things like towing it and popping the clutch and putting it on my lift (I used two floor jacks to maneuver it on the lift), starting it and working the clutch.

It was a simple suction, not corrosion. Just like suction cups work. It is amazing how much suction force is generated.

I called the company that made the clutch and they said it is common. The solution was dirt simple: remove the inspection cover and insert a small putty knife between the clutch and pressure plate. Took me 5 minutes.

I don't know though how easy it is to get at in the G.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Was the throw out bearing replaced with a new one when the previous replaced the clutch?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for over 20 years

1-888-456-0437

Old 07-24-2019, 07:29 PM

Thanks for all your responses. Fluid level was good, bearing was replaced with clutch with a newer 560 type. Took the vehicle to my friends shop locally and they are going to look at it hopefully tomorrow. Will keep you all posted. And of course for fun it threw a CEL today too 😭
Old 07-24-2019, 08:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

What YEAR id your car, and what was replaced from the 560?
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash and console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in