Gallardo Performante vs Spyder? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2019, 03:09 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Gallardo Performante vs Spyder?

Anyone here have a list of changes between the Performante versus a standard LP Spyder? I can’t find any sort of conclusive list online.

Appreciate your help.

2012 Lamborghini 550-2 Spyder
2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
2009 Ferrari 16M
2007 Lotus Exige S
+ a "few" others
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2019, 03:02 PM

Anyone? Would love advice.

Would also be ok with some comparisons of the 570-4 vs 550/560

2009 Ferrari 16M
2007 Lotus Exige S
+ a "few" others

Follow me on Twitter:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2019, 09:08 PM

Not sure if these are all of them, but should give you an idea. Note that save for engine power differences, the majority of differences is for weight savings. I know more about LPs since that what I was looking for but it's similar with Pre-LPs.

- Engine bumped 10-12 HP (LP) on Performante
- Modified front bumper for Performante
- Exterior decals on the Performante
- Full Alcantara interior, including dash and seats on Performante. No leather on seats, dash, door cards, ect.
- Door cards on SL are a very basic single mold carbon (in my opinion they look pretty ugly) to save weight. I'm not 100% sure about the Performante but think it is similar.
- engine bay removed plastic trim, minimal carbon fiber panels.
- special set of lighter rims
- fixed carbon fiber wing on Performante vs retractable on normal models

Again that probably isn't all but is a majority, and differences are similar between LP.

Personally, I opted against the SL due to the interior not being nearly as upscale. I semi-daily drive my car and want it to be comfortable and luxurious. If you are only going to be using it on weekends and at the track then the Performante might be an option, though at that point I'd recommend a SL hardtop as that is really the best for the track.

If you prefer the look of the SL/Performnate with the decals and carbon fiber wing you can hit up Jason Burtman on this forum to get the SL style rear wing and vinyl decals for the exterior of a normal car.

Last edited by crusingeek; 11-30-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:25 PM

Thanks man— any internal or drivetrain differences? Is the exhaust the same?

2009 Ferrari 16M
2007 Lotus Exige S
+ a "few" others

Follow me on Twitter:
Old 12-01-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. View Post
Thanks man— any internal or drivetrain differences? Is the exhaust the same?
According to wikipedia the intake and exhaust are updated on SL/Performante. However, in my opinion if you are really looking for lightweight exhaust a good aftermarket one is going to perform better and weigh even less.

The drive train itself is the same; same transmission, same engine.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:34 AM

Performante doesn't have electric folding door mirrors. The adjustment is electric, but the motors to fold the mirrors are gone. I believe the windscreen is 1mm thinner than the standard models too. Everything must be lighter!
Oh, and carbon ceramic brakes. You might find those on an earlier car, but they were standard on Performante

Last edited by SuperTrofeoUK; 12-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrofeoUK View Post
Performante doesn't have electric folding door mirrors. The adjustment is electric, but the motors to fold the mirrors are gone. I believe the windscreen is 1mm thinner than the standard models too. Everything must be lighter!
Oh, and carbon ceramic brakes. You might find those on an earlier car, but they were standard on Performante
CCB wasnt standard, mine has steel.
2002 Ducati 748R
Old 12-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos531 View Post
CCB wasnt standard, mine has steel.
Doh! Sorry about that. I was waiting for someone to say "They weren't standard" and I was going to say "Yeah, but they all have them". Guess I got the opposite response.

For the benefit of the OP, I looked at 15 cars when buying mine, and they all had CCB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in