Gallardo 2004 clutch problem egear - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 12:17 AM

Gallery: 0

Have you done a Soft Reset of your clutch?
Your best bet would be to do this for now, and then figure your next moves.

I agree with the guys with OEM.
If cost is an option, dont forget to shop around.
Same part numbers, different dealers saved me over $1000.
YES over $1000... IN the end I paid $3k USD for the clutch and ALL the other components.

Soft reset for egears is the following:

Hold both handles for about 20 seconds
E-gear light will come on, your gear lights will say: R N A1
Release handles
Pull both handles as if you were regularily shifting back to neutral
Gear lights will return to R N
Drive off

Keep us updated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2019, 01:04 AM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zee View Post
Genuinely appreciate the feedback and commentary, and also for showing support to your friend. I actually wasnít going to respond, but unfortunately had to because it looks like you may not have been paying attention.

To begin with, itís rather brash on your part to make suppositions regarding my mechanical abilities and experiences versus yours. You have no idea who I am, what Iíve done, or what Iím capable of technically. Iím cool with keeping it that way.

But anyhoo, if youíve been paying attention, Iíve shared the fact that I did indeed buy one of HiTechís clutches and have seen it both assembled and disassembled. I do have to share with you that both Lamborghini shops (highly reputable shops in the Scottsdale area - PM me for names if you wish) that I discussed this with were quite entertained when that red spray-painted clutch arrived with no match-balanced ring gear. Both shops refused to install it after Sean told them to pull off the old ring gear and slap it on the new clutch. I then returned it to HiTech.

Speaking of which, you may want to ask them about their return policy.

Have you balanced M600 or M1600 reaction wheels for GPS satellites that allow you to talk on your phone or even type of response that you just did? It sounds like your experiences in the balancing world are unfortunately limited.

The principles of physics do not change. My requests for hard data have gone unanswered, likely on purpose, because is there is none to support the numbers that are being haphazardly being thrown out by non-technical people and salesmen.

I can appreciate the support that you are throwing to your friends, but please... stay on topic next time.
Drew, you keep editing your posts after I reply to your post. You just edited your post again.

Before you edited, you accused Dale aka FL_Beachman to be a fake customer. You even said that it was me posting. Are you for real? This is why we encourage our customers to post pictures of their car or the installation so people like you look bad.

Dale had his Gallardo HT300 installed at Signature Auto in FL. You can call them and verify.

Here is a post from Signature Auto and pictures of Dale's Gallardo.

Post #428, 429 and 430

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...ml#post1923432

I wasn't going to talk about your dishonest mechanic in AZ. Your mechanic wanted you to buy a clutch from him and not from us. He knew that our clutches last longer so he told you that he can get you a LP560 clutch which last a long time. But you don't have a LP560. You have a pre-lp(2008).

You told me that your mechanic is going to install a LP560. I told you that LP560 clutch does not fit a pre-lp. LP560 clutch last longer but on a LP560 because LP560 also has better E-gear programming and the system is 2nd generation but it won't fit a pre-lp(04-08). You were gullible enough to believe your mechanic even though you have been a mechanical engineer for 40 years. You asked me to call him. I called your mechanic and I asked him how are you fitting a LP560 on a pre-lp. He said LP560 is better. I said LP560 is better but it won't fit a pre-lp. How are you going to fit a 10 bolt LP560 flywheel on a pre-lp where the flywheel has 8 bolts? He said that I got it from Lamborghini. I asked him what's the part number of the clutch. He said it's 07L105269F. That's not a LP560 clutch. 07L105269F is a pre-lp(04-08)clutch. He was trying to sell you a pre-lp(not even an LP560) for more money and make it sound it's better. Your mechanic was very mad at me because I caught him red handed. I have a copy of the text that you sent me where he is telling you that he will install a LP560 clutch and was overcharging you. Drew, this is another example that shows that you don't know enough about clutches. If I didn't talk to your mechanic in AZ, YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN that he sold you a pre-lp. He would have deceived you and you would go around tell people that you have a LP560 and not look so smart.

That's the problem with these kind of mechanics that take advantage of customers but the customers think he is great mechanic. In reality, he has not been honest with customers. After I gave you the information, you decided to buy our HT300.

I told you that I don't want your mechanic in AZ to install the HT300 because he is mad at me and he will install the HT300 improperly so he can bash and badmouth our HT300 clutch and try to sell you an OEM clutch. I told you to stay away from him because he will lie to you and you won't know it because you don't have a lot of experience with Lambo. As expected, when you got the clutch, he used the ring gear as an excuse to scare you. I explained to you and him, that the way we set up our clutches, there is no need to balance the ring gear because we balance our clutches to 10k rpm and our clutches don't vibrate at high rpm.

For whatever reason, you decided to stay with him. Then you had an E-gear issues. You burned up 4 E-gear pumps. A good mechanic would know that it's not the pump after the first replacement pump burns up. He should have known that something else is causing the pump to burn up. Since your mechanic couldn't fix it, you had the mechanic(Guillermo) that I introduced to the forum to fix your E-gear issues. Drew, you said that Guillermo is a great mechanic which I agree 100%. He's my go to mechanic when complicated E-gear needs to solved. Guess what... Guillermo has bought and installed at least 6-8(may be more) of our Kevlar clutches and he loves our clutches and he has never experienced any vibration. Guillermo has even installed our clutch in a Underground Racing with Stage 3 that has approx. 1400 hp. It has been a few years and the clutch is holding the power and the customer loves how smoothly it drives for such a Hi Performance clutch. This is data that you were asking.

You keep asking for data. I keep providing you data but then you say where is the data again. You don't sound right. Now people know who you really are. Stop this madness because it's not fair to the OP. If you have something to offer to the OP, please do but if you don't, you need to stop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for over 20 years

1-888-456-0437

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:12 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Sean,

I am genuinely disappointed in the way you (site sponsor) have handled this discussion with a former customer (me).

I am not going back and forth with you any further, as I have already made my points.

Also, BTW, I never made comments about Dale (being a "fake" customer). I have to admit that I chuckled when you wrote that.

I have been trying to maintain an open, positive discussion about this topic, as others have had the same questions that I have had regarding Kevlar clutches, associated risks, and supposed "increased life".

Summary:

- There is no technical data sheet to substantiate your claims of 300% improvement. Period.
- Hi Tech Exotic offers no refunds for their Kevlar clutches. You buy, you keep. Period.
- Most/all dealers and independent shops will not warranty a non-OEM clutch. Period.
- My shops are among the highest rated in the state of Arizona, and I'd gladly put up their technical knowledge vs. yours, any day. Period.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above three points. I already know that the fourth point is undebatable.

End of discussion. PM me if you want to respond further.

2001 Viper ACR, Paxton Supercharged

2001 Viper RT/10

1995 Viper RT/10

Last edited by Drew Zee; 12-02-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 AM

I have no horse in this race, but did your mechanic really try to mislead you on an LP clutch versus a Pre-LP clutch? If so, I would have stayed away and found another place to work on the car.

If the events surrounding the clutch replacement and f1 pump burn outs are correct, any info you gleaned from the situation regarding your clutch is biased because the mechanic was acting unethically.

2011 Lamborghini 570-4 Performante
Old 12-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

Okay, that's enough of this back and forth. Both sides have thoroughly made their points.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in