Lamborghini Talk banner

FGPSTUFF LP-560 bumper install with pics

27K views 103 replies 33 participants last post by  rjpalaypay 
#1 · (Edited)
So I bought this fiberglass bumper from FGPSTUFF. I bought the bumper and SL side skirts with carbon fiber splitter shipped to Houston, TX for total price including shipping $2400.

You can probably get the just the bumper for $1300 shipped.

Came in a crate packed nicely

Attachments

See less See more
#49 ·
It's because the bumper warped while baking. Mine did the same thing...

Had to re-work the grills after final baking of paint/bumper. At least that's what happened with my RSC. No biggy, just a creep up issue.

#54 ·
Looks great! Hood gap looks dead on, color match looks excellent. What was your total cost? From pics it looks like just as good of a product as anything else on the market. Such a necessary upgrade on pre-lp G's imo. Congrats! You thinking of doing the rear conversion they offer as well?

#57 ·
I won't be doing the rear conversion..SL skirts I got are being wrapped..next thing I'm looking into is the SL wing. I'm not going to say how much it cost to install because I negotiated with the shop..let's just say total with the bumper was way below 4k

#58 ·
Wow, Looks great! Fitment looks very good. All in all, I'd say that's a pretty darn good bumper for a pretty darn good price! Thanks for posting such a detailed thread. This really gives a real good insight on the quality of their product. Are you gonna get the 3M clear bra installed? Looks so nice, I'd be wincing every time I'd hear some gravel hitting the front!

#59 ·
Yes I'm greeting the clear bra..original bumper including hood fenders and mirrors has the bra..I will have lots more pics next week..Kamil don't get anything until your car is 100% ready man..couple of people on this thread also got the bumper..let's see if it's the same as mine.

#60 ·
Looking at the pics again of your car.....It really does look SO GOOD! I love it! Your body shop must be a higher end shop as it looks like they did a very nice job on the paint. Plus, I see the very cool Mercedes SL in the background in their shop! Also, it sounds like you deserve some sort of kickback from FGPSTUFF too as you obviously helped them sell a few more of these! lol!

#62 ·
Looks great! Congrats. Might open up a whole new vendor possibility. I would consider it for mine down the road too.

#67 ·
I've been reading about fiberglass this past week and found out that Exotic low production manufactures like Ferrari and Porsche use fiberglass or carbon fiber for their body, where as mass produced cars use polyurethane. Fiberglass can be repaired many times over. I'm actually glad I got an fiberglass bumper that fits perfectly and 1/3 of the cost of a aftermarket poly that cost 4k+

Now I'm thinking about the rear conversion also...mods are so addicting..

#68 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong but only Lotus and Corvette use fiberglass for bumpers. Ferrari and Porsche use poly for all current cars. No standard exotics use carbon for the body or bumpers either. The last from Ferrari was the Alfa 8c. And the 4c has a carbon tub. Everything else from cars is composite materials and poly bumpers. Poly holds up better to damage than fiberglass. I love the bumper though. Especially since I think all others are crazy overpriced.

#69 ·
I've always understood that Poly takes more abuse, the bump from the knee, or shopping cart, the stupid kid leaning against the bumper, but the flip side, is that the mold is more expensive, and it takes a lot more to make it 'perfect' Manufacturers can spend the money on mass produced poly bumpers, which do look perfect and hold up to general abuse.
Fiberglass is easier to make look perfect, it is the material of choice for show cars with body mods. Easy to form, little to no shrinkage when molding, and it is vary sturdy and holds it's shape (which makes painting easier, because no flex agent is required). The downside is if you breath on it it cracks and you have to start over.
Poly for a bumper would be the obvious first choice, but at 1/3 the price, the fiberglass might be worth the gamble.

#75 ·
Back on topic. The bumper from this thread looks and fits great and also can be obtained for a price where the lambo tax isn't as big. Since it's fiberglass it may likely crack easier if hit but honestly if I was in the market to upgrade my bumper I would choose this one over the more expensive one. I've had 3 Lotus cars which used fiber glass so I can manage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.