DIY Lamborghini Gallardo clutch Hi Tech Exotic Carbon Kevlar HT300 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 0
Default DIY Lamborghini Gallardo clutch Hi Tech Exotic Carbon Kevlar HT300

We wanted to thank Tom at Metric motors for purchasing our HT300 Gallardo Kevlar clutch for his personal Gallardo. He did extensive search on the forum and on internet about our clutch. He also searched other manufacturers and decided to go for our HT300 Gallardo clutch because of our track records. He has broken the clutch for 500 miles even though it was very tempting to go above 4k rpm especially when you get a new clutch. After the break in, he has opened it up and he can't believe how smooth our clutch is. He has a lot of good pictures of the installation. I will post the pictures as I get them.

OLD CLUTCH

Transmission is out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for over 20 years

1-888-456-0437

Last edited by Hi Tech Exotic; 06-29-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2017, 07:10 PM

I don't think I would be able to do 500 miles under 4K RPM. This is torture!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-2017, 09:04 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoyan79 View Post
I don't think I would be able to do 500 miles under 4K RPM. This is torture!!!
I know what you mean but you have to break in a new clutch whether it's an oem/stock clutch or a Kevlar clutch.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

1-888-456-0437

Old 07-15-2017, 07:02 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Here are more pictures from Tom's Gallardo that shows the throw out bearing is being removed. You should always replace the throw out bearing because if the throw out bearing leaks, it can get on the clutch and damage the clutch.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

1-888-456-0437

Old 07-23-2017, 01:18 PM

Default Gallardo E-gear Clutch DIY

Apologies for the delay in response...

This past May, I replaced the clutch in my '06 Gallardo SE. Before hand, I read everything I could get my hands on and decided to go with Hi Tech Exotic Racing's Kevlar HT300 kit along with a new through-out bearing and sensor. As others of posted, Sean's customer service both pre-purchase and after-purchase has been outstanding. Thanks again Sean!

I own my own German Auto Shop in San Francisco and decided to tackle the job myself. Overall: WAY easier job than I anticipated and having a fully equipped shop certainly lent to that. Total actual working hours was just under 13 and I was going a bit slow because I'd never done clutch on a Lamborghini before. Not that I want to do it again anytime soon (the reason for the HT300), but barring any issues think I could pull it off a lot quicker. Did have to flatbed the car to the dealer for PIS resetting and E-gear bleeding.

I've got just over 1,800 miles on the new HT300 clutch - yup I've been driving the crap out of it - and am very happy so far. The engagement is as smooth (seriously almost can't feel it) as I want given 1/8 throttle and as strong (that shove in back - but not violent) at or above 1/2 throttle and not lifting off the accelerator during shifts.

Broke it in for the first 500ish miles, always in sport mode, keeping it under 4K RPMs, shifting about 1/4 or less throttle and doing 90% of those miles on in-town driving. While its NOT easy to do, it was still fun driving the car. Per Sean's advise at Hi Tech, I continued to keep breaking it in for the next 500 miles. In the next section (500 to 800 miles), I began to ramp it up to shifting at around half throttle and at 4.5K RPMs then to 5K then to 5.5K and so on up to but not exceeding 6K RPMs. From 800 to 1,000 I started to push it up to 3/4 throttle and 6.5K to 7K RPMs and it just felt better and better - meaning snappy strong when I wanted it and supple smooth when...girlfriend was in the passenger seat.

For the past 800 or so miles (a least half of those have been Marin/Sonoma County back roads) the clutch feels awesome! Will post updates on the PIS readings when I get to 6 to 8K miles.

Glad to answer any questions/provide guidance if you DIY guys are thinking of swapping your E-gear clutch.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:27 PM

Very informative and I enjoyed the pics. I need to replace mine in the near future.
'08 Superleggera(Sold)
'05 Arancio Borealis Gallardo(Sold)
'15 Toyota Venza (Wife's Rig)
'12 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300R(Daily Driver)
'13 Ford Raptor (Sold)
'05 Black Gallardo (Sold)

Last edited by RoJo; 07-23-2017 at 06:27 PM. Reason: gra
Old 07-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intono View Post
Apologies for the delay in response...

This past May, I replaced the clutch in my '06 Gallardo SE. Before hand, I read everything I could get my hands on and decided to go with Hi Tech Exotic Racing's Kevlar HT300 kit along with a new through-out bearing and sensor. As others of posted, Sean's customer service both pre-purchase and after-purchase has been outstanding. Thanks again Sean!

I own my own German Auto Shop in San Francisco and decided to tackle the job myself. Overall: WAY easier job than I anticipated and having a fully equipped shop certainly lent to that. Total actual working hours was just under 13 and I was going a bit slow because I'd never done clutch on a Lamborghini before. Not that I want to do it again anytime soon (the reason for the HT300), but barring any issues think I could pull it off a lot quicker. Did have to flatbed the car to the dealer for PIS resetting and E-gear bleeding.

I've got just over 1,800 miles on the new HT300 clutch - yup I've been driving the crap out of it - and am very happy so far. The engagement is as smooth (seriously almost can't feel it) as I want given 1/8 throttle and as strong (that shove in back - but not violent) at or above 1/2 throttle and not lifting off the accelerator during shifts.

Broke it in for the first 500ish miles, always in sport mode, keeping it under 4K RPMs, shifting about 1/4 or less throttle and doing 90% of those miles on in-town driving. While its NOT easy to do, it was still fun driving the car. Per Sean's advise at Hi Tech, I continued to keep breaking it in for the next 500 miles. In the next section (500 to 800 miles), I began to ramp it up to shifting at around half throttle and at 4.5K RPMs then to 5K then to 5.5K and so on up to but not exceeding 6K RPMs. From 800 to 1,000 I started to push it up to 3/4 throttle and 6.5K to 7K RPMs and it just felt better and better - meaning snappy strong when I wanted it and supple smooth when...girlfriend was in the passenger seat.

For the past 800 or so miles (a least half of those have been Marin/Sonoma County back roads) the clutch feels awesome! Will post updates on the PIS readings when I get to 6 to 8K miles.

Glad to answer any questions/provide guidance if you DIY guys are thinking of swapping your E-gear clutch.
Thank you for your great comments. It was a pleasure to meet you and know you. It's great that you're providing more information how to break in a new clutch. It's imperative to break in a new clutch, new engine or new brake rotors and pads.

If you get a chance, please tell everyone the story that you and a friend of yours went for a drive. Your friend has a "F" stock/oem clutch in his Gallardo. When he drove your Gallardo with our HT300 Kevlar, he couldn't believe how quick of an engagement HT300 has and at the same time how smooth it is. He felt that the "F" clutch is very sluggish and he said that he will get the HT300 when he needs a clutch which is going to be soon because he only has 30-40% left.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

1-888-456-0437

Old 06-28-2019, 07:27 PM

Ahhhhh what....? I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see it my self.

This morning I took my SE into the dealer (I don’t have LaRA) to check and clear a fault. Had them check PIS as I was interested in the clutch wear since I did the job with Sean’s Hi Tech HT300 two years ago and 9,200 miles later. Expecting 2 to 2.5mm left or 1/3 to 1/2 gone I was told and shown I’d only worn away 1/10th of a millimeter. What the?!?!? I don’t even know how that can be possible, I said. I drive fast/spiritedly and hard most of the time. I don’t ever abuse the car and am aware of my shifting. Certainly the build quality and materials quality of the clutch along with properly breaking it in has gotten me here.

Gave Sean pics of the invoices from San Francisco Lambo from the time I took it in to get the eGear bled and PIS reset after the I replaced the clutch and today’s invoice with date, mileage and clutch-snap figures. He’ll post them here for all your viewing pleasure.

If we do the math, at this point I may never ever need another clutch (knocking on wood).

Supper happy customer of Hi Tech Racing.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:45 PM

Does the clutch makes the preLP somewhat as smooth as the LP cars at low speed?

Sent from my J9110 using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2019, 08:57 PM

Oops - sorry for the misspelling of super but now that I won’t need clutch anytime soon I’ll be able to afford some real nice “suppers”.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in