Dipped Headlight - 05 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2020, 08:12 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Dipped Headlight - 05

While driving I am getting a dipped headlight indicator and the driver side headlight goes out.

If I shut off the car and restart it... headlight comes on.

Would that be indicative of a bad ground or ballast?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 11:17 AM

Ballast, I'd replace both sides at this point, they're around 150 each. While I was in there, I also replaced the headlights to something whiter/bluer. They're about 15 years old in your case, so really are a wear/tear item (the ballast and bulbs).

I believe the part number is 007-760-63 and I got it from ebay, as a OEM VW/Audi part.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 AM

I’d wager it’s more likely the bulb in this case than the ballast. Over time the salts in the bulb degrade and make it harder for the ballast to keep the arc across the gap in the bulb.

A ballast may help with this, but it’s more likely the bulbs is all you need in this case. They’re inexpensive to replace as well. Just make sure to get authentic Philips/Osram bulbs, as the generic aftermarket/counterfeit ones don’t block UV and will end up destroying the inside of your projectors.

You can test the bulb/ballast theory by swapping the left bulb with the right and go drive around again. If the error moves to the opposite side, you know it was the bulb. If the error doesn’t come back, you also know it was the bulb. If the error remains on the same side, then you can confirm it was the ballast.

I have a thing for lights and welcome you to PM me. I’ve done tons of crazy retrofits and am a bit of a headlight junkie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-23-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteLoop View Post
Ballast, I'd replace both sides at this point, they're around 150 each. While I was in there, I also replaced the headlights to something whiter/bluer. They're about 15 years old in your case, so really are a wear/tear item (the ballast and bulbs).

I believe the part number is 007-760-63 and I got it from ebay, as a OEM VW/Audi part.
Those ballast are cheaper than OEM ...
What bulbs have you bought ?
Can you post a pic ?
Few years ago i bought Osram "cool blue intense"

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallardo SE 2005.
interior leds,dimming interior mirror,Solenoid exhaust switch in DRL mod,carbon sterring wheel from DCTMS,carbon interior (door latch,central console, hand brake,clusters) ,Dension bluetooth module+ integrated mic in the roof, D2S Xenarc Osram CBI bulbs.

Last edited by fredapied; 03-23-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:54 PM

When it happened on my 05 EU Gallardo I changed the Hella box. There were cheaper no names available too, but I bought this one. Solved the problem 😊

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173727845874
Old 03-23-2020, 05:07 PM

This what I'm looking for? Do you have a suggestion for a bit whiter bulb?

Philips: B01317Y612

Search for it on amazon.. wouldn't let me post a link b/c of my post count.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:36 PM

Default Dipped Headlight - 05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedempsey View Post
This what I'm looking for? Do you have a suggestion for a bit whiter bulb?

Philips: B01317Y612

Search for it on amazon.. wouldn't let me post a link b/c of my post count.

For the bulbs I think are the best value, that are whiter and provide the best light color for night vision, IMO:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2...XNL?quantity=1

The cheapest pair of genuine hid bulbs (which you’ll replace in pairs anyway) that are the OEM color temperature:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2...240?quantity=1

And for the one that are highest rated output, but slightly bluer, which IMO isn’t as good for night visibility anyway:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2...CBB?quantity=1

They’re doing a 15% discount as well, with code “wrench15”.

Last edited by wrex; 03-23-2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:42 PM

Thanks so much for the recs. I'm going to switch the bulbs out and see if the issue moves to the other side to rule out bulbs or ballasts. I may pick these up either way so that if its the ballast I'll go ahead and put new bulbs in too.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex View Post
For the bulbs I think are the best value, that are whiter and provide the best light color for night vision, IMO:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2...XNL?quantity=1

The cheapest pair of genuine hid bulbs (which you’ll replace in pairs anyway) that are the OEM color temperature:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2...240?quantity=1

And for the one that are highest rated output, but slightly bluer, which IMO isn’t as good for night visibility anyway:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2...CBB?quantity=1

They’re doing a 15% discount as well, with code “wrench15”.

If I'm going to be taking out both wheel wells... should I just go a head and change the bulbs and ballasts so its all new? Would the D2S: MORIMOTO XB35 2.0 ballasts (d2s-xb35-BL-XB35D2S) be the correct one from that same retrofit source website? So sorry I can't post a link yet lol.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:37 AM

I changed both bulbs and ballasts with morimoto.it was a 55w setup that has winter light. The whiter/bluer light will be less bright so 55w is better than the stock 35w

I have a single d2s hid bulb if you want to try it. I think it is the ballast though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in