CFI Designs or CFI Disappointing... - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2018, 12:06 AM

Gallery: 0
Default CFI Designs or CFI Disappointing...

So this is a post Iíd rather not be writing but right now I donít have many options.

Hereís my story:-

Back in 2015 I wanted a Twin Turbo conversion for my 08 superleggera. After speaking to many vendors and being referred to Kyle at CFI Designs I decided to go ahead with him. Iím based in the Middle East to make matters more interesting. My build sheet came to $109k, I initially paid $20k as a deposit with the rest to follow as and when. I paid another $40k in 2016. At this point itís worth noting that no work had Been carried out.

Late 2016 into mid 2017 I had issues with my own business which prevented me moving forward with the build.

I spoke to Kyle and explained this to him and he said he would try to find someone to take over my build, I said ok. At least that way I could recoup my initial payment or even the majority of it. Nothing happened.

I posted an ad in the parts section on here to see if anyone would take it over. Kyle requested that I take the ad down to which I did.

Now into 2018 things are looking slightly more positive or so I thought.

Iím $60k into the pocket of CFI//Kyle and no further forward. This is where it gets worse; financially for now I canít go any further forward with my project.

Also I have a friend who needs an engine for his TT gallardo after blowing his up. We contacted Kyle numerous times after he said it would be no problem to use part of the $60k Iíd already paid towards an engine for my friend.

At least then I can get some cash back and when I can, continue my project with the remainder balance.

This was the idea.

Now Kyle doesnít communicate or reply to any calls, messages or emails. Both myself and my friend have called and messaged him many times. If we are lucky enough to reach him he says that he will email us and nothing ever comes.

Iím still hopeful that something can be worked out.

On a side note I think the work he actually does is great and I canít fault what Iíve seen....at least from photos.

Now would you just write off $60k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2018, 03:17 AM

Location: Splitting my time between SD, LA, London and Athens

Just get a lawyer and let him handle this!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 AM

Possibly the money was spent and parts were never ordered.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
Just get a lawyer and let him handle this!

I agree, when they stop responding theyíre done with you. The only thing that will get a reaction now is a legal letter from an attorney. The longer you wait the worse it gets. Donít let them pacify you with BS, they have no intention of giving you anything at this point. It seems because of your distance from them they think they can just ignore you. Good luck.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 06-06-2018, 01:03 PM

Yes, it seems that happens most often with customers that are far away from the business. Lawyer up and don't wait, time is against you right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russk View Post
I agree, when they stop responding theyíre done with you. The only thing that will get a reaction now is a legal letter from an attorney. The longer you wait the worse it gets. Donít let them pacify you with BS, they have no intention of giving you anything at this point. It seems because of your distance from them they think they can just ignore you. Good luck.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:55 PM

There's a "Bad dealer/vendor" thread around somewhere. I would suggest posting your story there. Hopefully it saves someone from a lot of headache. I hope everything turns out alright for you! I agree with lawyering up as mentioned above
Old 06-06-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
So this is a post I’d rather not be writing but right now I don’t have many options.

Here’s my story:-

Back in 2015 I wanted a Twin Turbo conversion for my 08 superleggera. After speaking to many vendors and being referred to Kyle at CFI Designs I decided to go ahead with him. I’m based in the Middle East to make matters more interesting. My build sheet came to $109k, I initially paid $20k as a deposit with the rest to follow as and when. I paid another $40k in 2016. At this point it’s worth noting that no work had Been carried out.

Late 2016 into mid 2017 I had issues with my own business which prevented me moving forward with the build.

I spoke to Kyle and explained this to him and he said he would try to find someone to take over my build, I said ok. At least that way I could recoup my initial payment or even the majority of it. Nothing happened.

I posted an ad in the parts section on here to see if anyone would take it over. Kyle requested that I take the ad down to which I did.

I’m $60k into the pocket of CFI//Kyle and no further forward. This is where it gets worse; financially for now I can’t go any further forward with my project.

Also I have a friend who needs an engine for his TT gallardo after blowing his up. We contacted Kyle numerous times after he said it would be no problem to use part of the $60k I’d already paid towards an engine for my friend.

At least then I can get some cash back and when I can, continue my project with the remainder balance.

This was the idea.

Now Kyle doesn’t communicate or reply to any calls, messages or emails. Both myself and my friend have called and messaged him many times. If we are lucky enough to reach him he says that he will email us and nothing ever comes.

I’m still hopeful that something can be worked out.

On a side note I think the work he actually does is great and I can’t fault what I’ve seen....at least from photos.

Glad to hear your business is doing better!! Maybe now you can send me the exhaust I paid you $4k for last year and never received. You got some nerve buddy...
Old 06-07-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owali View Post
Glad to hear your business is doing better!! Maybe now you can send me the exhaust I paid you $4k for last year and never received. You got some nerve buddy...

Omar:-

Explain how I have a nerve to complain that a vendor has been paid $60k and done nothing. Now wonít return any calls, messages or anything.

You complained on here about me and all is fair.

Your $4k was paid back to paypal after your cc filed a chargeback with them. Paypal told me you were refunded. It was an unfortunate event.

If you read what I wrote, I never made any mention of my business doing well.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
So this is a post Iíd rather not be writing but right now I donít have many options.

Hereís my story:-

Back in 2015 I wanted a Twin Turbo conversion for my 08 superleggera. After speaking to many vendors and being referred to Kyle at CFI Designs I decided to go ahead with him. Iím based in the Middle East to make matters more interesting. My build sheet came to $109k, I initially paid $20k as a deposit with the rest to follow as and when. I paid another $40k in 2016. At this point itís worth noting that no work had Been carried out.

Iím $60k into the pocket of CFI//Kyle and no further forward. This is where it gets worse; financially for now I canít go any further forward with my project.

Also I have a friend who needs an engine for his TT gallardo after blowing his up. We contacted Kyle numerous times after he said it would be no problem to use part of the $60k Iíd already paid towards an engine for my friend.

This was the idea.

Now Kyle doesnít communicate or reply to any calls, messages or emails. Both myself and my friend have called and messaged him many times. If we are lucky enough to reach him he says that he will email us and nothing ever comes.

Iím still hopeful that something can be worked out.

On a side note I think the work he actually does is great and I canít fault what Iíve seen....at least from photos.

Shoot me a message on whatsapp 571-528-7822
Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAP Racing View Post
Shoot me a message on whatsapp 571-528-7822

Ok but how can you help??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in