CEL 6-10 when on idle - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2020, 06:53 AM

Gallery: 0
Default CEL 6-10 when on idle

Hi,

I recently bought a 2005 Gallardowhich has been parked for the last 4-5 years. It ran when I bought it, but only on safe mode. The car was partly disassembled, so I put it back together and got it running. After sorting it out I am down to the last few issues: Two things happened, both equally bad, since I don't have access to LARA or similar.

First I must have pulled the rear brake warning loose, so now I have a yellow brake light. Should be easy to fix.

Second is worse, since I have an intermittent CEL for bank 6-10 (left bank). I only get it on idle, and it disappear efter I drive the car for a minute or so. Until I am back on idle, then I get the CEL back.

There is nothing wrong with the engine, it runs absolutely perfect. I have actually never driven a G that run better than this one. I am guessing since it only has 18 k miles on it. So there is no lack of power, stumbling, missing, smoking or anything like that. I just took a drive during my lunch break and it hits 140 way too fast... :-)

I'm just asking here, hoping that someone recognize the symptoms? CEL on one bank, only on idle, goes away when the car is moving.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated!

Regards,

Johan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2020, 08:55 AM

> Second is worse, since I have an intermittent CEL for bank 6-10 (left bank).

Plug in an OBDII code reader. Which error codes does it show?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-16-2020, 10:34 AM

Hi, I have tried, but I can't get a reading with either of my two ODB2 readers. I have EasyDiag (which works beautifully on my F430) and Carly (which works equally great on my BMW and MINI).

Any recommendations for an iPhone app that work with Lamborghini? Or a stand-alone ODB2 reader that is compatible with Lambo?

Regards,

Johan

Old 01-16-2020, 11:18 AM

I use an Innova 3160 which works fine. Was pretty expensive though; any ELM327-type Bluetooth reader should (theoretically) work.

Last edited by vincep99; 01-17-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 PM

Have you tried the OBD reader with the engine running? For some reason, one of my OBD scanners only works when engine on. The other works with just ignition.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:54 PM

a cheap Equus 3030 does the trick for me
Old 01-17-2020, 03:56 AM

Tricolore999, thanks, I will try that!

Lautlos, is that the one now replaced with Innova 3030?

Regards,

Johan
Old 01-17-2020, 06:41 AM

I use a Blue Driver OBD 2 reader on mine. The owner of the company uses his own Huracan for testing, so I was confident it would work.

If all else fails, I've had codes pulled by parts stores before. Maybe you can try that in the mean time? Let us know what you code it's spitting out. And the yellow light, is it the banana light for the active spoiler? If it is, there are a couple threads on here on how to "disable" that light (in my case, after I went to a SL wing)
Old 01-17-2020, 07:22 AM

I use a $40 wifi adaptor with the dash command app and it works just fine no my Gallardo
Old 01-17-2020, 02:20 PM

> is that the one now replaced with Innova 3030?

looks like it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in