Buyers use due caution on black gated 05 on ebay - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Buyers use due caution on black gated 05 on ebay

Just a heads up about a black gated 05 on Ebay. It was purchased last month for $73k and immediately the buyer has it back up for sale. If it were strictly an issue of selling for profit i would get it but the seller stated that he would not allow any inspection other than at his place. Hopefully nobody gets stung as the saying that keeps making itself true, "the cheapest exotic is often the most expensive".
14 Ram laramie longhorn

Last edited by goldlifter; 12-01-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Thank you for giving everyone a heads up. Is this it.

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F184065216369

Says it was rear ended too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb997tt View Post
Thank you for giving everyone a heads up. Is this it.

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F184065216369

Says it was rear ended too.
Thats it. I texted prepared to pick it up this week but when I asked about having an independent mechanic look at it, he refused and said "someone would buy it". I replied that if I wasnt comfortable with not having it professionally inspected and his response was "NEXT LOL". I have screenshots of the messages but it just gave me a bad feeling. I am always leery of someone not willing to let someone have an independent mechanic view a car, ESPECIALLY a Lamborghini or Ferrari. I've sold many of both and always try to put the buyers mind at ease by taking it to wherever they so wish, provided its within a reasonable distance. Looking at the 5th page of his ebay feedback history makes me feel better about the decision to pass
14 Ram laramie longhorn

Last edited by goldlifter; 12-01-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:25 PM

That seems pretty darn shady. Hopefully someone doesn’t get scammed too bad. Though it would have to be really bad shape to get hurt too much at that price. Even if the engine needs a rebuild you still get a gated G for around 100. Not the best deal if it has accident history but not the end of the world.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FL_Beachman

Pass-if the owner is not willing to have a proper PPI then something is very wrong.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Ad says can have it towed within an hour drive, doesn’t sound unreasonable. Also offers his shop with a lift, also reasonable. Doesn’t sound too shady to me, although he may sing a different tune over phone.
2014 BMW M5
2007 BMW M5
2017 MB GLE350
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 12-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Does look tempting and would check all the right boxes with me (glass hood, gated, etc). And his post is pretty detailed

Jr. Mint brings up a good point: call him and ask some questions. You can tell pretty easily if he is a flipper or not based on his answers.

When I bought mine, I called the owner and got a great feeling. Of course he was a member of this site, which helped a ton
Old 12-03-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mint View Post
Ad says can have it towed within an hour drive, doesn’t sound unreasonable. Also offers his shop with a lift, also reasonable. Doesn’t sound too shady to me, although he may sing a different tune over phone.
This wasnt on the table when I spoke to him. Perhaps he changed his mind. Either way,his immaturity didnt sit well with me so I've moved on. These are toys, no more, no less. Its not worth risking a lot of money/headaches over a questionable car.
14 Ram laramie longhorn
Old 12-03-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlifter View Post
This wasnt on the table when I spoke to him. Perhaps he changed his mind. Either way,his immaturity didnt sit well with me so I've moved on. These are toys, no more, no less. Its not worth risking a lot of money/headaches over a questionable car.
Agreed. The best revenge is not buying the car and watching as it sits for another 6 months minimum through winter.

2012 Lamborghini 550-2 Spyder
2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
2009 Ferrari 16M
2007 Lotus Exige S
+ a "few" others
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in