AC Gremlins in my 05 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2020, 08:08 PM

Gallery: 0
Default AC Gremlins in my 05

I recently purchased a 2005 UGR 6pd Gallardo and I'm starting to chase some gremlins the car has and hoping to get some advice.

I have been reading many posts over the past few days on this specific issue but just recently got approved for the group to post.

The air coming out of my air vents is ambient temperature. I could not get my passenger side fan to turn on while the AC was on or while the car was idling for quite some time.

- If I turn the dial to HI I will get very hot air but on LO I get ambient air. This made me think the HCV is not the issue as I am not getting hot air all the time.

- I did a continuity test on the 50amp fuses (#4 as thats the right fan) and it passed.

- I DID swap the fan relays and was able to get the right fan to turn on with no problems. Once I did the switch I was actually sitting in the car with it not running and I was hearing a clicking sound under the dash. When I pulled the relay that WAS on the right fan originally the clicking stopped. This led me to believe the right fan relay is bad and I have two on order so I can just swap both and have new relays for both fans.

However, when I put the known good relay into the right fan slot the right fan did come on with no problems but the air was still ambient. I now the right fan has to be "on" for the AC to function so I was hopeful when I saw the right fan turn on the AC would work. Unfortunately, just ambient air.

This would leave me with either the pressure sensor switch, compressor, or no refrigerant. I have an ac gauge and vacuum on order which is why I did this initial set of testing as I have not tested the pressures on the compressor yet (waiting on it to come in).

My question is where is the pressure sensor switch (that might be bad)? Is it on the compressor? I noticed what looked like some type of sensor coming off the condensor hose under the trunk but not sure what that is.

So excited to have this car and hoping to get all these minor issues worked out before summer!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 12:11 PM

Gallery: 0

The compressors in these cars is in my opinion a stupid design. The compressor is always turning with the engine. My compressor died at about 40k miles. There is a valve on the compressor that closes to make pressure when a/c is wanted but the pump is always pumping fluid. So when the engine is up at high rpm the compressor is just pumping away at high rpm too. Audi uses this design on their V8 cars from the same time period.

Do your checks but don't be surprised if the compressor is toast.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in