2004 Gallardo will not start - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2019, 11:01 PM

Gallery: 0
Default 2004 Gallardo will not start

Hi new to Lamborghinis, just bought my first Gallardo. I have looked and looked through the forums but haven't seen exact advice to my situation. Car will not start and run on it's own, it will fire right up and run with continual starting spray. We do not have any communication to OBD, no pulses to the injectors, no rpms seen on the dash cluster when running on starting fluid. Does anyone have a detailed wiring diagram? I've looked at a couple but they are coded in a manner that is unreadable without the key to understand it. Would the radio not being installed but an issue? it is an aftermarket radio..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2019, 12:53 AM

try a different OBD reader, with my 04 I tried 3 or 4 untill i found one that would communicate properly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2019, 07:29 AM

Do you by chance know which one it was that actually worked? We have tried three or four already.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:36 AM

Prior history on the car would help a lot!
Old 11-28-2019, 09:49 AM

So we have done a little back history on the car, previous owner had the car since 2013. He says that he hit something in the road and since then the car has never ran. Insurance did a pay out and I bought the car from the dealership that got it from auction. Car is in great shape, we have had it up on the lift and haven't found any undercarriage damage at all. Car was maintenanced by Lamborghini in Florida at 34119 miles and the odometer reads now 34338. That's about all I have so far.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:15 AM

Many cars have a sensor that turns off the fuel when they hit something for safety, there is a reset switch. I know my friend's Ford did it one night when he hit a curb. Does the Gallardo have this I don't know but do some research if Audi has this features since most all of the Gallardo's electronics are Audi.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:06 AM

Yes that was our thought as well, some kind of inertia switch maybe. Somebody told us that the Gallardo doesn't have one but idk. Ill look into the Audi and see what I can find, thanks.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:14 AM

Have you checked the fuel pumps pressure? (there are two fuel pumps)
there's a 04 repair manual floating around, do a search...
plus that story that hit something.....somehow doesn't sound good....may be a can of worms

Last edited by manuelram16; 11-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:50 AM

We have checked fuel pressure (well not while turning over)I have jumped the relays manually to test the pumps and have pressure, injectors have no power at all either way so gotta figure that out and no obd communication. I'm waiting on software to be able to see if i can communicate with other modules in the car at all all but both ecus and egear have power and I know the Crankshaft position sensor is sending signal and firing the car off fuel sprayed into the throttle bodies.

Last edited by sl0tusexige; 11-28-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:54 AM

I have the repair manual but the wiring schematics are very vague I need color coded diagrams with each wire for each computer in the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in