If you want it done right.... - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2019, 04:44 AM

Gallery: 0
Default If you want it done right....

... do it yourself.

Took out the airboxes this week to check my hydraulic block after Sheldon's episode. Quite amazed by the findings....

I've had the car nearly 2 years and it's covered 15k miles total, so about 1000 per year on average. Serviced every year according to the stamps....

Anyway, this is what I found....

20191121_102549.jpg

And with a bit of amateur detective work...

20191121_102606.jpg

Ok, so you could do 7000 miles a year in your DD and have the same air-filter state, but it doesn't leave a good taste in the mouth nor give a good impression of service agents...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2019, 08:40 AM

Ouch, I've been there. Curious if you will upgrade or replace with stock filters? Haven't read much about real world reports from options like BMC, K&N, etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-21-2019, 09:54 AM

The advent of dashcams have been the bane of service departments. Tons of videos posted on YouTube with evidence of not doing maintenance items that were charged, and abusing customer vehicles on joyrides.

Definitely better to do your own work if you want it done right.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:50 PM

Hey Dan. I know how disappointing that feels. I haven't been impressed with Dealership work. Yes, with your experience and knowledge it's best to do it yourself. Hopefully, your Murcielago can breath more easily now you've changed the air filters. Gosh.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:24 PM

Did the service records indicate that the filters were changed annually or merely inspected? The pictured air filter did not look to be at the end of its reasonable service life and certainly the mileage (unless you drive in the desert) is not consistent with needing to replace the air filter. I'm all for piling on the dealer but often times these cars are also 'over serviced'. Of course if the dealer charged for a filter and did not change it then that's plain wrong.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:40 AM

I haven't looked in the records and I agree it's not the end of the world..... I was kinda surprised to find a dated service item which hadn't been touched in a while.

Moving on, no I wont be putting in aftermarket filters as I'm pretty sure the benefit is felt only at full air flow and I dont spend enough time in those conditions to make it worthwhile.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:24 AM

I put BMC filters in my 640 from new, no difference in performance but they do sound good when you have the window down and are at full throttle.
I hope your filters were just looked at for remaining life rather than not changed and charged for ?

the service book calls for changing every 2 years or 15000 miles with every other change "not strictly necessary unless used on very dusty roads"
Old 11-23-2019, 03:48 PM

This scares me as a near future Murci owner, I was under the impression that this class of cars bring a certain class of techs. So in other words I thought I wouldnt have to worry about bringing my Murci in for service and leaving it there. In the past Ive learned to do most of the services and maintenance on my sports cars myself because I never could trust that a shop is going to get a car like mine in there, and not have any temptations to joy ride or start it and rev the sh*t out of it just to hear the exhaust sound.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsLambo View Post
This scares me as a near future Murci owner, I was under the impression that this class of cars bring a certain class of techs. So in other words I thought I wouldnt have to worry about bringing my Murci in for service and leaving it there. In the past Ive learned to do most of the services and maintenance on my sports cars myself because I never could trust that a shop is going to get a car like mine in there, and not have any temptations to joy ride or start it and rev the sh*t out of it just to hear the exhaust sound.
Be afraid, very afraid. The techs in high-end shops are still humans working in the auto repair industry.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsLambo View Post
If you take your exotic to a place used to dealing with exotics then chances are they could not be bothered to rev your engine or go for a joy ride as those cars are a daily occurrence for them. If you think that shops that work on exotics somehow have the best of the best techs out there then you're dreaming. Like Stimpy said just humans turning wrenches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in