Emergency egress with the scissor doors... - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 01:47 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Inverted emergency egress with the scissor doors...

Has anyone considered how to egress if the car is inverted? I recall seen an article of two people burnt to death because they couldn't get out of an overturned Murci. Being a pilot, I'm always considering and want to be prepared for the worst case scenario. I have an emergency seat belt cutter and hammer.

I apologize in advance for posting such a macabre subject, but it's something that's been bugging me since getting the car.

Last edited by spdracer888; 11-08-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 03:24 PM

I keep a glass breaker / seat belt cutter in the center.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:26 PM

Glass breaker - good idea, I should get one.

With tinted side windows, how much more difficulty will it be to break the glass? The glass thickness on our cars is insanely deep.

Old 11-08-2019, 05:28 PM

And adding to this discussion, what worries more is no side airbags. The difference in injuries with and without side airbags is immense. I was in a severe accident at age 18 w/o side air bags in a Taurus that was T-boned. Still suffer daily because of it.

At least if the car burns, you will have a minute or two of roasting and then you're gone. Better than being left alive and with terrible injuries in my book.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo View Post
And adding to this discussion, what worries more is no side airbags. The difference in injuries with and without side airbags is immense. I was in a severe accident at age 18 w/o side air bags in a Taurus that was T-boned. Still suffer daily because of it.

At least if the car burns, you will have a minute or two of roasting and then you're gone. Better than being left alive and with terrible injuries in my book.
I've thought about that, but given the height of these cars, most bumpers are going to smash you in the head anyway, where side airbags are meant more to protect your head from hitting the window, not the bumper of the other vehicle coming through your window. I always find it amazing when I haven't driven for a while and then see how lower I am than everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo View Post
Glass breaker - good idea, I should get one.

With tinted side windows, how much more difficulty will it be to break the glass? The glass thickness on our cars is insanely deep.
I've thought about that, some people have mentioned keeping something more substantial in the car but I figure I'll be fairly motivated to get that window out of the way with the breaker I have if the car is on fire. I don't drive it that much anyway so I'll just roll the dice lol.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:43 PM

Anyone have a fire extinguisher in the car? If so where do you mount it?
Old 11-09-2019, 12:22 AM

I have an F-4 canopy breaker tool to hack out of the windshield and a fire extinguisher behind the drivers seat, if I can't get to them, I'm probably already dead. Number comes up, your done
Old 11-09-2019, 09:10 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 1

I rolled my Murci yesterday. Opened the window and climbed out. Nothing to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:43 AM
@ChaseZimmerman
Platinum Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp640_O.C. View Post
I rolled my Murci yesterday. Opened the window and climbed out. Nothing to it.
Please tell me you're joking! I just read that like it was no big deal...

Past: '14 Audi R8 V10 / '12 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante / '11 Rolls-Royce Ghost Mansory / '10 Audi R8 V10 / '10 Porsche 911 Turbo Vorsteiner / '09 Audi R8 V8 / '09 Nissan GTR / '09 Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG / '08 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
Old 11-09-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracer888 View Post
Has anyone considered how to egress if the car is inverted? I recall seen an article of two people burnt to death because they couldn't get out of an overturned Murci. Being a pilot, I'm always considering and want to be prepared for the worst case scenario. I have an emergency seat belt cutter and hammer.

I apologize in advance for posting such a macabre subject, but it's something that's been bugging me since getting the car.
kinda scary.
Maybe open the door before impact like your supposed to in an airplane

On a serious note, having that window hammer is prob the best thing you can have in any car. Im not sure how much use the fire extinguisher would be after a crash like that.

Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in