Any regrets with the urus. - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Urus

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2019, 05:31 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Any regrets with the urus.

Hi all, I am new to Lamborghini. My father currently has a 2019 Huracan and it’s amazing. I currently have a 2018 GLS 63, was debating on the new one ( not released yet ) , or a gle 63s. ( new one also ), a bentayga speed ( don’t love it, seems outdated ) or building the urus. For anyone with the urus, do you have any regrets getting it? It handles great for a suv, speed felt great on the test drive, but how do you feel about the comfort. I would be getting the elegante ( interior. I ask because it would be my daily. Wife’s ordering the new gle so I didn’t really want two identical SUV’s and unfortunately not looking for an huracan or aventador right now. Deal with the wife was in 1-2 years for those lol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 03:26 PM

I was initially disappointed with my Urus. It was just too smooth and too quiet for a Lamborghini even with the Akrapovic exhaust. Part of that was my fault because I had spec'ed it with the insulated glass. The smoothness of the ride even in Corsa mode made me feel too disconnected from the road. I had way more fun driving my tuned GLC63. However, after putting on aftermarket downpipes and putting on a tune, I am starting to appreciate the Urus more. One thing I would have not spec'ed if I could do it all over again besides the insulated glass is the lower exterior carbon fiber package. The rear carbon fiber diffuser doesn't even look as aggressive as the stock silver diffuser. And it's a totally different rear bumper so I can't even change to the 1016 rear diffuser without having to buy a whole new bumper. If you don't need another big SUV and want a fun midsize SUV, I would actually recommend the GLC63 with a tune over the Urus

2019 Verde Mantis HP spyder

2019 Black GLC63

2019White Urus

2019 McLaren Orange McLaren 600LT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-27-2019, 06:13 AM

Thank you for the reply back. Sounds like you still like the suv, just not exactly what you thought. Only reason I don’t want Mercedes again, is because my wife’s currently getting the new gle. I did want something different. The bentayga speed just doesn’t do it for me with the looks. I do like the sound of the urus, of course nothing the V10 and 12 sound much better. However, it will be my daily so quieter some times isn’t bad for me. I might skip on the acoustic glass thanks to your recommendation.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:15 AM

With lowering links, downpipes, tune and wheel spacer kit; the Urus quickly transforms into a beast! Great machines, just have to tweak things to each person likes.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:11 PM

I love mine! Lowered, Vossen wheels with a crazy offset, new downpipes (no cats)... And it's loud as hell, crazy fast and handles like my HP...

There's no reason to not get it, if you want the fastest, finest handling SUV around, period.
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black
Old Today, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
I was initially disappointed with my Urus. It was just too smooth and too quiet for a Lamborghini even with the Akrapovic exhaust. Part of that was my fault because I had spec'ed it with the insulated glass. The smoothness of the ride even in Corsa mode made me feel too disconnected from the road. I had way more fun driving my tuned GLC63. However, after putting on aftermarket downpipes and putting on a tune, I am starting to appreciate the Urus more. One thing I would have not spec'ed if I could do it all over again besides the insulated glass is the lower exterior carbon fiber package. The rear carbon fiber diffuser doesn't even look as aggressive as the stock silver diffuser. And it's a totally different rear bumper so I can't even change to the 1016 rear diffuser without having to buy a whole new bumper. If you don't need another big SUV and want a fun midsize SUV, I would actually recommend the GLC63 with a tune over the Urus
Thanks for this information. It's hard to know what options to add without getting this feedback. I thought the insulated glass was a good add, but thanks for the perspective.

Was yours the thermal glass too? I think there are three options for "glass" in the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Urus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in