Jalpa headlight motor removal - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2019, 08:12 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Jalpa headlight motor removal

My 86 Jalpa drivers headlight has stopped popping up. Is there a fix? If not how do I remove?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2019, 10:05 AM

you can turn it up manually (there is a screw at the end) and then remove it.
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997 sold October 2015, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2019, 11:00 AM

So if I turn knob, and crank the headlight to the full up position, then how do I remove the headlight motor?

Old 08-19-2019, 10:25 AM

Don't know in Detail since I sold my car in 2006, but some of this might help:
Lamborghini Jalpa Parts
http://www.jalpa.ch/Ownersmanual/index.html
http://www.jalpa.ch/spareparts/index.html

If you don't have Access please Register your car.
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997 sold October 2015, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:43 PM

As Raymond told you have to turn with hand to full open the light. After remove the light then you can see in the light pod the arm between the motor and the pod, remove it after you have to remove 3 bolt and disconnect the motor.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:04 PM

Thanks Eric,
My Memory isn't that bad as I thought.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:49 PM

I did that last night and now have the motor off. After taking the headlight out you can then see the bolts that need to be taken off in order to remove the headlight. See the attachment for a picture looking through the headlight opening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headlight.jpg (66.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-19-2019, 07:33 PM

Make sure it is the motor and not the relay. It is more likely a bad relay or loose wires on the back of the relay. Check for power to the motor when engaged.(Unplug and connect a volt meter) There are multiple relays in that circuit. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Old 08-20-2019, 12:20 PM

Checked for power on the 4 pole connector. I have power on 1 pole when headlight would be in up position that is the grey wire, and when in a down position power to the black wire. The up and down position are confirmed from the passenger side light that is going up and down. Can you tell me how to get to the back side of the relay to see if the pins are pushed out? I am also attaching a picture of a concern that may or may not be related to issue. This is on the panel above the headlight motor in the front boot. What is it and how do I re connect the broken wires?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wires.jpg (36.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-20-2019, 03:13 PM

on the attached relay diagram, I have been asked by a local if it is 1 relay that operates both headlight motors? My answer was yes....is that correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg relays.JPG (89.6 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in