Safely parking your car? - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2019, 07:02 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJersey View Post
A lot of my friends here in the Philly area utilize third party enclosed garages, storage sites, or many of the 3rd party-owned parking garages will rent you a space monthly or yearly.
Thanks SouthJersey. Philly is an even tougher place to own this car. Philly is a cool place, but there's some tough people up there!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 07:05 PM

OP here. It's not necessarily a bad area. And I'm moving anyway when I get a job. It's just I drive around a city of millions, and there's a lot of people, some I assume would see a bright colored Lamborghini and might want it. :/

I'm not buying a damn house in this inflated market. Buying a house is a personal decision.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-15-2019, 07:16 PM

Sounds pretty bad mate.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:15 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdonofrio View Post
You don't have a garage and live in a questionable area? Buy a Buick.
Or a Corvette.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Viper ACR, Paxton Supercharged
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Viper RT/10

1995 Viper RT/10
Old 08-16-2019, 03:43 PM

Is the problem to the degree where they would knock you under the ear in broad daylight while parked at shop and steal you car?
Old 08-16-2019, 03:44 PM

I don’t have that problem luckily.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:29 PM
Gold Site Supporter

It is more a question of priority, investing and good decision making than anything. Are you paying cash or financing? If paying cash then go for it just realizing you will lose value. If you spent the same money on a rental property, it would pay for the lambo in a couple of years and you would own the rental property outright. I would buy the smallest single family residence needing repairs in the nicest neighborhood you can afford. Keep it two years , fix up and convert to a rental. Condos generally are not very good investments -too many fees and maintenance costs. . When I had a lot of rental houses , it was all single family. When I was in my 20s out of college making really good money, I bought a sports car, boat and other toys only to go broke 3 years later. It is more difficult to invest than spend because there is no immediate gratification. I wish I had invested and saved instead of spending on depreciating assets. Now I am just the opposite and my net worth goes up every day. I can buy any car I want but choose to invest instead. I am looking at manual murcies and early Aventadors just because they will probably lose little value if any. But what do I know? All my vehicles , house and most of my equipment is paid for. I own multiple large developments ,various commercial properties and started from NOTHING. You can make a choice to spend or invest but you can accomplish both if you just put less in the car and more in the property. Decisions you make today will affect you for many years to come. Good luck. Choose wisely and you will prosper. A car should be a joy not a burden. I don't mean to preach just hate to see anyone make the same mistakes I did. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Old 08-20-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
It is more a question of priority, investing and good decision making than anything. Are you paying cash or financing? If paying cash then go for it just realizing you will lose value. If you spent the same money on a rental property, it would pay for the lambo in a couple of years and you would own the rental property outright. I would buy the smallest single family residence needing repairs in the nicest neighborhood you can afford. Keep it two years , fix up and convert to a rental. Condos generally are not very good investments -too many fees and maintenance costs. . When I had a lot of rental houses , it was all single family. When I was in my 20s out of college making really good money, I bought a sports car, boat and other toys only to go broke 3 years later. It is more difficult to invest than spend because there is no immediate gratification. I wish I had invested and saved instead of spending on depreciating assets. Now I am just the opposite and my net worth goes up every day. I can buy any car I want but choose to invest instead. I am looking at manual murcies and early Aventadors just because they will probably lose little value if any. But what do I know? All my vehicles , house and most of my equipment is paid for. I own multiple large developments ,various commercial properties and started from NOTHING. You can make a choice to spend or invest but you can accomplish both if you just put less in the car and more in the property. Decisions you make today will affect you for many years to come. Good luck. Choose wisely and you will prosper. A car should be a joy not a burden. I don't mean to preach just hate to see anyone make the same mistakes I did. Lee
Thanks Lee, I appreciate that wisdom. You know, I see what you're saying about buying real property. Thing is, the last three years, housing prices have inflated. Especially here in the Dallas area. So I may rent for a bit while I figure out where I'm gonna work.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:47 PM

Over here, prices are going down and in many cities at a dramatic rate.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Nothing wrong with renting especially if you are young and just starting out. Just don't put all your eggs in a toy. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in