Racing requests - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 03:19 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Racing requests

Back in the 80s and the 90s I owned Porches , Corvettes and others then went on a sports car hiatus as we raised a family and built a business. This year I bought a 2016 Huracan Spyder and I have noticed something different this time around. It seems like every time you take the car out you get requests to race. You can keep it in strada mode and do the speed limit never drawing attention to yourself but they will come out of the woodwork to want to race. It is kind of funny. (I donít know why but the Mustang owners seem to be the worst LOL) I guess ultimately it is a testament to the prestige of the car and I should take it as a compliment but it is annoying at times and obnoxious in some cases.

Regardless, I was wondering if anyone has this same experience?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2019, 05:07 PM

Gallery: 6

I think it is the Lamborghini. I have been in and around newer Lamborghini cars and people tend to go a little nuts around them. I don't think people care much about racing a Corvette or Porsche, but telling your friends you beat a Lamborghini in your Mustang is too good to pass up.

No one wants to race my Jalpa, but I get a lot of "rev the engine" requests. No one ever wanted to hear my other sport cars rev.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-10-2019, 08:27 PM

I've mastered the art of looking straight ahead while maintaining peripheral vision on both sides haha. Never had anyone wanting to race but do get some yahoos revving their engine while next to me. Interestingly, the public attention has been 100% positive with the Huracan. My Guards Red 991 GT3 got attention because of it's color and wing but not as much as the Lambo. I think a lot of it is color dependent as I had a Nero Daytona California and Grigio Titanio 458 and attention wasn't as nuts as the Huracan.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 1

Yep all the time. I never do. Remember you have a lot to lose, they have nothing to lose (win-win for them in either outcome). So if you get beat, it will be plastered all over your local town and the internet.

How do I know?....I foolishly accepted a request in my early years of ownership, not realizing the potential consequences.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:01 PM

After almost 15 years of ownership of various models....

I have never had to prove that my car is faster than a Lamborghini....

Because it IS a Lamborghini !!!!

Game, Set, Match
Old 09-11-2019, 09:08 AM

All the time... and the usual "do a burn out!", "Rev it up!", etc.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:05 AM

I dunno I got race request in previous sporty cars. It was kind of funny when I had a 944 because most older cars were faster. Usually it the was it goes isI am passing someone and they don't want to get passed. It happened in the Huracan once with a dude in a modded Mustang. I got the pass made. In "Mexico".
Old 09-12-2019, 04:14 PM

I think I had a race request from a speeding police patrol car...it closed on my lambo from behind then zipped past while I was cruising happily at speed limit minding my own business. I was tempted to floor the pedal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in