Italian Stampede and Concorso Italia 2012 Pics and Video - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 05:03 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve View Post
These are great pictures. Did you fly there? Is that how you took the aerial pictures?
Yep! Video is being cleaned up right now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhayne View Post
And what is the grey car with the orange roof? Thought it had a tent installed on it lol.
lol..same comments from another guy. It is the Bertone Nuccio.

Bertone Nuccio Concept is an orange and gray Dust Buster for the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboGator View Post
dreamcast, is the missus a helicopter pilot now?!!
nope...was in fixed wing plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by djantlive View Post
really impressive aerial shots!

i was at pebble yesterday and saw the italian stampede crowd going north on one. there were about 30 lambos. saw the balboni, VI performante and 2004/05 yellow G trio on the grass at PB.

what a great crowd!
thanks! left on Friday..so didn't get a chance to catch up. those guys you saw are from our Socal group.

Quote:
Ah, next year will be epic. Ok, let's all have an L-Talk reunion on the Stampede next year!

Ok, ok! If the East Coast crew is up for it, I'm in!

Oh, and dreamcast, we're all gonna stay at your house, so clear out some parking space and might as well get the house ready now...lol!
totally should do it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 01:06 AM

couple more pics:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Gold Site Supporter

Would love to attend one of these. Hoping the timing is right next year. Pics look incredible

I see you guys talking about shipping your cars out there...I've posted about this in the past and never heard much back... how do you manage that exactly? Any time I've ever shipped a car the most narrow window for pickup ETA was usually 2-3 weeks, and nomally much wider (1 month+). Who are you guys using that can give you "appointments" such that you can meet your car across the country for an event, drive it for a week, then make sure you car meets you back on the return trip?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VIP Member

Last edited by Smoky; 08-20-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM

nice pics! I had a blast out there as well. it will absolutely be a yearly even for me.. maybe next year ill join you guys in the G!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
Would love to attend one of these. Hoping the timing is right next year. Pics look incredible

I see you guys talking about shipping your cars out there...I've posted about this in the past and never heard much back... how do you manage that exactly? Any time I've ever shipped a car the most narrow window for pickup ETA was usually 2-3 weeks, and nomally much wider (1 month+). Who are you guys using that can give you "appointments" such that you can meet your car across the country for an event, drive it for a week, then make sure you car meets you back on the return trip?
it'll probably be either a group ship deal or arrange with a private shipper to get the timing right. you are correct that most shipper don't promise ETA. reason for it is they often wait to load the 18 wheeler full before they proceed.

you can also just rent a nice vette, camero etc from hertz. it'll probably be less hassle.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmd11 View Post
Let's do it!! I would totally be up for shipping all our cars out west and doing a drive to get there, then doing the Stampede drive and the shows, especially for Lamborghini's 50th ... Never to early to start to talk about it.
How cool would that be Kevin!

2006 Gallardo Spyder...

2008 H3 Hummer....
2015 Orieon Sand Reeper
2016 Chevy Traverseh
Old 08-20-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
nice pics! I had a blast out there as well. it will absolutely be a yearly even for me.. maybe next year ill join you guys in the G!
Join us and bring the white G Spyder!

Hey, does Fabspeed happen to have a big 'ole 18-wheeler exotic car transport truck that holds oh...maybe like 10-15 Lamborghinis and can bring them out West for next year??

Let's bring the East Coast to the West Coast next year and show 'em how it's done!

|
|
Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Join us and bring the white G Spyder!

Hey, does Fabspeed happen to have a big 'ole 18-wheeler exotic car transport truck that holds oh...maybe like 10-15 Lamborghinis and can bring them out West for next year??

Let's bring the East Coast to the West Coast next year and show 'em how it's done!
I'm in LamboGator!

2006 Gallardo Spyder...

2008 H3 Hummer....
2015 Orieon Sand Reeper
2016 Chevy Traverseh
Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 PM

When we shipped the Lambo out west for GIRO last year we used Intercity, but several shippers including JP Logistics will promise a date. They also charge more for specific pickup/delivery dates. We needed to give them 24 hours on the front end which was fine cause Lambo had people there to accept for us if it came a bit early. Pickup at the conclusion of the trip HAD to be an exact date which they agreed to.
We let them tell us when it would be back home....it was within reason.

It's very expensive to do it this way. I know for this Italian Stampeded event Docta teamed up with some guys in Columbus and they filled up a truck (which usually holds six cars - 3 up, 3 down).

When we did GIRO we shipped two cars with the same carrier - same pickup & delivery locations and got no discount. We simply did it out of convenience.

I called several trucking companies and got a few quotes and a few that turned down the business. It's also a good idea to check their insurance coverage since the value of the load (with 6 lambos) could easily exceed 1.5 million which is what most of them have. Most can also get a temporary rider to increase value as needed. You must be sure their coverage certificate is current and has the right value for the cargo they carry. It pays to investigate ALL the details in case the worst happens (hope for the best but plan for the worst).

It was nerve wracking to ship the car, and very expensive. While we won't rush to do it again, it did make the trip really special to drive our own car with the group in some amazing locations (Phoenix/Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas....).

Last year we shipped the car to Pocono and again had specific dates for delivery and pickup from Pocono. We left it "looser" on this end. It worked out great but added significantly to the cost of the weekend. This year we drove it (the Z06) but even if it was the Lambo we would have driven it.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Down south the problem is waiting for a truck to come through here. Thanks for the references on who works with specific dates. I might give it a shot. Maybe a couple other owners down here would be interested in helping to get the truck's attention. And thanks for the heads up about coverage...never thought about what their limits would be.

VIP Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in