Investment value of different Lambo models. - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2019, 07:29 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Investment value of different Lambo models.

[B][B] I am wondering what everyones opinion on the investment value of various models and submodels in todays market. 1. Countaches have gone up pretty dramatically in the last 8 years but should hold or continue to increase. They are Iconic, V12 and the first real supercar. Lots of collectability. The Jalpa although overshadowed by the countach has still seen 3 to 4x appreciation . It is more rare and pretty cheap at 100K . Lots of room for upside. Diablos have also almost tripled. Relatively rare, v12 and the last hand made cars. Good solid store of value. I think in the later models that early Murcies, std transmission 2wd , LP 640s etc are pretty solid buys. They are in the 150 to 200k range and seem to have really flattened out. Since they are great cars, pretty rare and V-12s I don't think they will go much lower. There were a lot of Gallardos made and they are still dropping. Great cars but I think only certain models will not drop more. They should still start to flatten out well under a hundred. What about Aventadors? I think they are a pretty good buy in the low 200s and will drop some but not too much more. Maybe 175 K. I would love everyones thoughts. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 10:10 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

I think what comes out next will definitely sway values of the newer model cars. Knowing Lamborghini, they will come out with something really cool and it will affect the values, but as far as AV goes, I think nice later model cars will still hold good value..my guess somewhere in the 250k range. Huracans are undoubtedly going to drop, and my guess is in the next 2 years they will be sub 150k cars. Can't speak to the older model cars as I know nothing about them aside from the value exploding in the last decade.

I will say that oncoming recession will play a part in values in the short term and it would be a good idea to scoop up some cars during...and buildings, never hurts to own more buildings.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2019, 05:39 PM

If you would have told me 10 years ago what Countache's sell for now I would have said your crazy. I know I said "no" to one for $39k and what are they now hitting on $500k...why??? Or early air cooled 911's or VW buses??? So nope, I am definitely not going to even try and predict the future prices of car. I just buy what I like, if it goes up OK, if it goes down that's OK too.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:04 PM

I would say those with the lowest production numbers and highest tier models - e.g. Murcielago and not Gallardo. That's for both absolute $ amounts as well as changes in %. Granted, I'm biased being a Murcie owner, but that's also the reason I only considered a Murcie.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:38 PM

I think certain Murci models will keep increasing, they seem to have a timeless exotic look & probably the best (stock) exhaust note.
Aventadors? hard to say. With so many variants at the moment 1st Gen AV, SV, AVs, SVJ all based on the same basic design coupled with facia modifications. I think the SV roadsters will be more valuable in the long run because of the look and the LE status.
Now I'm a bit jaded here but I still like the 1st gen AV look over just about all of the AV variants because of the clean look. I think they made around 4500 1st Gen Aventadors from 2012 to 2017 which is not a hugh number but in the exotic market is enough to dilute the pricing...
2015 MB ML-350
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
Old 08-26-2019, 02:55 PM

Gallery: 6

I think we are at the start of a "market adjustment". Auction sales at Monterey were down around 35% on average from Hagerty estimated values according to a Hagerty article. Lamborghini results were down from last year.

I think your logic is sound for which models will go up. I think things are going to swing down if this recession they keep talking about happens. The last couple years there was a lot of talk about how crazy exotic car price increases had been. I think prices will slump if the economy slumps.

I think prices on everything Lamborghini are going to go down before they come back up.

2 months ago a Jalpa sold for 87K on Bring a Trailer. A similar one sold on ebay in the mid 50K range (54K I think) just a couple weeks ago. Things are changing right now.

Just my 2 cents....

Last edited by Ohlgren; 08-26-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:47 PM

The sad thing is that the economy is in record territory all across the board. If the media would report honestly on the statistics, we would do even better. Is all it takes to start a recession is to convince everyone that one is coming. It amazes me that political parties are willing to crash the economy and cause a lot of suffering for the American people and rest of the world to cause a change in power. If you look back over the last 100 years, boom and bust cycles tend to follow politics both ways. I remember 2007 and early 2008 in the housing market. It was not that bad until they started screaming recession from the rooftops. Look at what that caused. It caused a shift in political power but also the worst economy since the great depression. Fear is what causes recessions fueled by unscrupulous politicians and media.The problem with starting a fire is that it may grow much larger and burn longer than they planned. It worries me since I am in a business heavily dependent on large ticket purchases. I guess I will wait and see what prices do for the next 6 months . I want another car but it is just a toy so why not wait and buy it cheap. Maybe we will see some 60 K Murcies. I will load up. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX

Last edited by Lee T; 08-26-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
The sad thing is that the economy is in record territory all across the board. If the media would report honestly on the statistics, we would do even better. Is all it takes to start a recession is to convince everyone that one is coming. It amazes me that political parties are willing to crash the economy and cause a lot of suffering for the American people and rest of the world to cause a change in power. If you look back over the last 100 years, boom and bust cycles tend to follow politics both ways. I remember 2007 and early 2008 in the housing market. It was not that bad until they started screaming recession from the rooftops. Look at what that caused. It caused a shift in political power but also the worst economy since the great depression. Fear is what causes recessions fueled by unscrupulous politicians and media.The problem with starting a fire is that it may grow much larger and burn longer than they planned. It worries me since I am in a business heavily dependent on large ticket purchases. I guess I will wait and see what prices do for the next 6 months . I want another car but it is just a toy so why not wait and buy it cheap. Maybe we will see some 60 K Murcies. I will load up. Lee
You know Lee......Someday I wish you'd post something I didn't agree with. Sadly today is not that day.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:26 PM

Gallery: 6

Media definitely makes things worse, but I think the economic cooling off is based on more than just media hype. My wife works for a huge multinational corporation. They had a couple record years, but based on all of their indicators, they are preparing for a slump. I think it is just part of the normal economic cycle.

If you want my 2 cents on investment values, I think the Countach is going to be the biggest one to gain followed by the Diablo. Gallardo and Murcialago are going to grow much slower for several years yet. I think the rest of the line up is going to stay pretty flat.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlgren View Post
Media definitely makes things worse, but I think the economic cooling off is based on more than just media hype. My wife works for a huge multinational corporation. They had a couple record years, but based on all of their indicators, they are preparing for a slump. I think it is just part of the normal economic cycle.
Agree market correction is normal and trying to prop up the economy by cutting interest rates may not be sound long-term strategy. The trade war with China is already affecting industries such as construction, automobile sales, etc. Will only get worse as more tariffs kick in this Sunday and in December.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in