How to politely say no?! - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2020, 06:51 AM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008SuperG View Post
Always let the kids sit in it and take a picture or two; they are usually very careful and you cannot beat that smile. No one drive it, except the wife who I trust with much more than the car.

This is how you am too. Everyone has been respectful about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 02:04 PM

Gallery: 6

I am more careful these days. I used to be pretty relaxed, but after a few bad experiences, I don't offer and take requests case by case. Usually stay close and keep a close eye on things. That usually keeps everything safe and friendly.

Sometimes you do have to say no. Had to tell my Dad "no" when I first bought my car. A few days after getting it home he called and said, "Hey I need to come by and get your Lamborghini. I am going to drive it over to a friends house for the day. He wants to see it." Me: "Uhhh.... no Dad." Explained to him insurance concerns and the fact that it was a really big request. Felt a little bad, but come on Dad. He has driven it many times since, but he doesn't get to swing by and take it whenever he wants.

Last edited by Ohlgren; 01-07-2020 at 02:07 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2020, 10:41 AM

I'm "always" getting the request for people wanting to sit in my Murcielago. I don't get it, I would never ask if I could sit in someone's most prized possession for fear of scratching or damaging something.

If it is a kid and they are wearing clothes that won't scratch the leather, I don't usually have a problem with it.

If it is a woman, same thing if they are not wearing something that will scratch the leather.

Dudes that I don't know, sorry you aren't getting in it.

Basically I just say sorry but the leather is delicate and it is not an easy car to get in and out of without scratching the leather if you aren't familiar with it. They seem to understand and are fine with that.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore999 View Post
First exotic, need help with some handy ways to say no. I learned this weekend that everyone and their uncle asks to sit in, drive, or rev, your car.
I charge each of them $10 to sit in the passenger side and $15 to sit in the driver's side. If they want a photo, that's fine. If they want a ride, it depends on how long of a ride and how hot or not, with higher prices for longer rides and lower prices for eye candy
Old 01-08-2020, 08:01 PM

Gallery: 2

I try not to say no
as long as someone is polite, they can't hurt my seat by sitting in it. They get way more out of the experience, so why not

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA321Pilot View Post
I'm "always" getting the request for people wanting to sit in my Murcielago. I don't get it, I would never ask if I could sit in someone's most prized possession for fear of scratching or damaging something.
When I was 16, I met an owner of a Murcielago at a car show. I struck up a conversation with him about the car and it turned out we were both on the same Lamborghini forum (me as a dreamer). After spending quite some time talking, I asked about sitting in the car, and he let me. I can say that experience definitely help motivate me to become the person I am today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006Murcielago.jpg (14.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Dreamer-1024x898.jpg (105.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-09-2020, 06:53 AM

That’s good to hear mate. Positives are always great.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:45 AM

This thread reminds me of the Lotus forum I used to be active on.

It's a car. Let an 8 year old sit in it and be happy.

People buy these cars swearing up and down they didn't do it, in part, because they like the attention, bask in the attention, then get irritated at getting attention.

2011 Lamborghini 570-4 Performante
Old 01-09-2020, 10:57 AM

My biggest problem hasn’t been strangers asking. I was with my best friend at lunch and when we came out to the car a woman was walking around it. I had told my friend that he could drive it back to the office, so he was by the driver’s side door while I went to the passenger side. I was only partially paying attention when the woman asked my friend if he would take a picture of her with the car which is no big deal. But the next thing I know he’s opening the door and ushering her in “because it will be a better picture.” WHAT!!!! This woman had been waiting at the bus stop and she smelled pretty bad and was quite disheveled looking. I’m sure you know the end of the story....I’m still looking for a new best friend.....haha.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradedupra View Post
When I was 16, I met an owner of a Murcielago at a car show. I struck up a conversation with him about the car and it turned out we were both on the same Lamborghini forum (me as a dreamer). After spending quite some time talking, I asked about sitting in the car, and he let me. I can say that experience definitely help motivate me to become the person I am today.
That's a great story and I completely understand. In my comment when I said "dude" I was referring to a full grown man. Someone like who you were at that time I don't really have a problem with as long as they are not wearing anything that will scratch the leather.

I just have a problem with a full grown man that I don't know asking to sit in my car. I guess it's just me but I find it weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in