Garage lighting to show off new Lambo - Page 5 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 07:55 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce 94VT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
I got the electric garage door installed last weekend. I went with black and wood color. The slates are made of hard styrofoam sandwiched between two aluminum plates. Very strong, sturdy, and lightweight. If you live in windy areas, these are the best. It opens very quickly but closes like a snail. Overall cost is around $15k for two doors.

I used dremel to cut and smoothen the emblems for the manual switch boxes. The emblems are from authentic lambo keychains. Just for the look 🙂

Next upgrade is probably a built in ceiling stereo systems, but I heard these produce terrible sound and especially my garage has terrible acoustics due to full concrete. There are zero sound damper in my garage.

Hope this helps.
Looks good mate.
Cheers mate 😄
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2019, 08:48 AM

I installed six recessed high output LED lights. Looks good with a good amount of light. I will have to post pictures!
Old 09-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

Pics please... Show us also in the daytime of the fixtures when they are off.... Curious.
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 09-08-2019, 11:02 AM

Ok guys I have acquired a selection of lights to test. I will shoot some examples on Tuesday.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:43 PM

Alright, I've got the testing done as requested. To summarize, the waveform lighting bulb I tested is actually very good. It's quite expensive compared to the rest of them at $28 per BR30 bulb and I have no idea how reliable they will be since it's a newish company but the lighting was comparable or better than my professional film and TV lights. The next best light was the CREE 90+ CRI lights from home depot. A bit warmer, but pretty good and CREE does have a reasonably decent track record. I used to recommend the Phillips bulbs and they're very reliable from a well established company but they're not quite as good as the CREE or Waveform. I tried to upload a very lengthy post with some extensive pictures, but it kept choking on the upload no matter what I did, so I ended up just posting everything on my website for now, so if you want the full explanations with lots of examples, you can find it here for now:

https://maxhsu.squarespace.com/daylight

mods left me know if it's not ok to post links. I'm not promoting anything, just the forum wouldn't upload my images at a decent resolution.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:50 PM

Definitely see the difference.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Waveform clearly (pun intended) superior.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxwax View Post
So at the request of some my friends, ...
Awww we're friends

Thank you for your testing and the write up!
Old 09-10-2019, 02:59 PM

So if you have regular 100 watt bulbs in your garage, you know the standard type, what to you recommend to screw in?
Old 09-10-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboLP View Post
So if you have regular 100 watt bulbs in your garage, you know the standard type, what to you recommend to screw in?
All the tested bulbs are available in A19 which is the regular screw in type. You could try a cree high cri from Home Depot and see if you like it or order from the waveform lighting website and try one of those. If you do like it, do the rest of your garage so the light is consistent. Don’t mix and match bulbs if possible. I previously had Phillips in my house and will be switching to cree probably. For professional lighting I’m experimenting with some of the waveform lighting stuff to add to my arsenal. You can’t have too much light on a film set.

Just to clarify: to your eye you may not see as marked a difference in light color as the test photos show. Our eyes and brains are remarkably adaptable, your phone might go into the yellow night shift mode and you might not even notice it. But the camera does reveal differences that are actually there and some people are sensitive to it while others are not. Ultimately if they’re all the same to you and you don’t take pictures in your garage then just get something reliable like the Phillips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in