Exotic Loan rates - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2020, 03:04 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Exotic Loan rates

Hello,

Im sure this comes up around here alot but this is the first time im going to try financing for a used vehicle and im looking for some first hand info.
In the past i always just paid outright for my cars because i dont like to have payments. its just my preference, but this time Im going to try something different and finance a portion of the vehicle.

basically what im wondering is what is a GOOD rate at this point in time? Ive called JJ best and woodside and checked on some local credit unions and most of them seem to be around 6 - 6.5%. i could be wrong but this seems high. These rates were told to me without me giving any info about myself.
I have credit score of 815 give or take and Im going to be putting about 65% down on the car.

Can anyone give me some recommendations as to where i should be looking for the best rates ect etc.
My only real requirement is that i want longer terms to keep my payment as low as possible and no pre payment penalties so i can pay it off as I please.
I know the rates get a little higher the longer the terms, but some of these companies advertise 2-3% and then hit you with 6% when you call.

Thanks in Advance,
Anthony

Last edited by AntsLambo; 03-14-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntsLambo View Post
Hello,

Im sure this comes up around here alot but this is the first time im going to try financing for a used vehicle and im looking for some first hand info.
In the past i always just paid outright for my cars because i dont like to have payments. its just my preference, but this time Im going to try something different and finance a portion of the vehicle.

basically what im wondering is what is a GOOD rate at this point in time? Ive called JJ best and woodside and checked on some local credit unions and most of them seem to be around 6 - 6.5%. i could be wrong but this seems high. These rates were told to me without me giving any info about myself.
I have credit score of 815 give or take and Im going to be putting about 65% down on the car.

Can anyone give me some recommendations as to where i should be looking for the best rates ect etc.
My only real requirement is that i want longer terms to keep my payment as low as possible and no pre payment penalties so i can pay it off as I please.
I know the rates get a little higher the longer the terms, but some of these companies advertise 2-3% and then hit you with 6% when you call.

Thanks in Advance,
Anthony

Can you keep the total loan amount to less than $100k? I still managed 2.49% for 60 months on my car. If you have that much down I imagine youd be close and not need more than $100k. This was over a year ago, but rates are about the same for car loans now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-14-2020, 09:37 PM

Im would imagine nobody could give you an accurate rate without running your credit. Did they do that?

Old 03-16-2020, 03:35 PM

Im going to keep the loan well under 100k im thinkin in the 60-70k range is what im gonna borrow (all depends on the car i end up buying)

Noone ran my credit or anything like that. I called just to inquire and get some info to get the ball rolling. id imagine the rates could be a little lower for someone with good credit and good financial history, but could they really be 3-4 pts lower??

Anthony
Old 03-16-2020, 04:54 PM

Default Exotic Loan rates

Per another recent thread here, you might find yourself rejected based on other aspects of your credit history (or lack thereof), age of the vehicle, etc.

Credit score might not even be your biggest problem.

Worth getting your real number based on the various intangibles.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:22 PM

Now is probably a good time to negotiate a deal with both the car and the financing. Showrooms are ghost towns all over the place and will be for at least a few weeks.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:55 PM

I was quoted 4.5% for 84 months through a credit union. Credit score of 800
13 Ducati 848 Corse SE
66 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
PAST
15 Lamborghini Huracan
19 BMW M2 Comp
13 Lamborghini LP550-2
06 Lamborghini Gallardo Gated
15 GLA45 AMG
15 Nissan GT-R
06 Porsche C2S
15 Camaro Z28
06 Lotus Elise
11 Porsche Panamera
11 Ford Raptor
12 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
06 Noble M400
08 Ford Shelby GT 500
03 Corvette ZO6
79 Porsche 911 SC
Factory 5 MKII
98 Dodge Viper RT10
77 Datsun 280Z My 1st car
Old 03-17-2020, 05:10 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45rake View Post
I was quoted 4.5% for 84 months through a credit union. Credit score of 800
What loan amount?
ESS Supercharged Lamborghini Performante
Old 03-17-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
What loan amount?
190K for 84months @ 4.5%
Old 03-17-2020, 06:40 PM

I've got 3.4% on a 5 year loan with PenFed for my G.
Got a second loan for my P-car with PenFed for 3.99% for 3 years.

Not sure why my second loan that was for less money and for less time and on a less expensive car had a higher rate, but it's minimal.

I love PenFed...look into them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in