End of an Era: Lamborghini Now Sells More Urus SUVs Than It Does Supercars - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2020, 11:52 AM

Gallery: 6

Only reason I like them is that they give Lamborghini a money maker. Regardless of who it goes to, they will be motivated to keep the brand exciting. SUVs will not do that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2020, 12:43 PM

Gallery: 0

The fact that it will for sure keep the company financially healthy is a good thing. Building an SUV really doesn't detract from the brand. Its a Lamborghini for those that want an exotic SUV or a second Lamborghini in the family that is more practical.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-2020, 04:04 PM

I was a urus doubter. I love my gallardos and huracan though and decided to try it, gotta admit...I really like it and the overall package puts out a feeling for me that is as exciting as I bet it gets for an suv
2020 Urus, 2015 Huracan, 2013 Gallardo SL, VF 2013 Gallardo 550-2, 2018 R8 RWS, 2012 R8 Spyder V10, 2019 600LT, 2019 X7, 2018 M3 CS, 2016 M4 GTS, 2013 M3 LRP, 2011 M3 GTS3, 2011 1M, 2004 M3, 2002 M3, 1997 M3, 1988 M3, 1971 Bronco

Old 01-20-2020, 04:49 PM

I am a fan of it as well. Personally I'd do 4 seat configuration with the off-road packages.

Last weekend I went out with a few of them and they ripped. I was amazed at how flat they were through the turns. There was one with downpipes and a tune, it was quick and one of the loudest Lambos out that day.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:42 PM
Gold Site Supporter

I am all for Lambo building an SUV. Just make it something special. The reason I drive Hummers is that they are simply the best off road vehicle ever built. There is really no comparison. I drive off road almost every day for my business and cannot find anything that comes close. They are big, powerful, luxurious and will go ANYWHERE. They are next to impossible to get stuck.(Lambo could have done that) I will gladly wager a $1000 to any urus owner with a stock vehicle against my 14 year old stock hummer on an off road course. I will eat it for lunch. With the low ground clearance and lack of large tires they will get stuck or high centered pretty easily. In my humble opinion, taking a mini van, stretching the nose, adding 4 wheel drive and a powerful engine does not make an SUV. The original idea behind SUVS were true offroad vehicles that you could drive on the highway. Hummer created one that could do both well. Now it seems most "suvs" are just cars or vans with 4 wd added. There is no way they would stand up to any serious offroad conditions. They are soccer mom cars designed for someone that goes off road once or twice a year. The only real SUVS are Jeeps, Ford Raptors etc. They were purpose built for offroad. The Mercedes G squared would be a formidable opponent as well but the regular G series are to low and too small wheeled. . Why not make the lambo the ruler of SUVs like the Aventador. I would absolutely buy one and be damned proud to own it, Lee. Ps I hired a new foreman today and offered him a new 4wd diesel ford f350 or one of my Hummers to drive. He chose the hummer after riding with me around one of my developments.
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX

Last edited by Lee T; 01-20-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:30 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...Epo?li=BBnbfcL
Old 01-22-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
I am all for Lambo building an SUV. Just make it something special. The reason I drive Hummers is that they are simply the best off road vehicle ever built. There is really no comparison. I drive off road almost every day for my business and cannot find anything that comes close. They are big, powerful, luxurious and will go ANYWHERE. They are next to impossible to get stuck..
My first time out with my then new-to-me H1, I got stuck in DEEP DEEP clay. I was only stuck moving forward, it kept digging. I was able to reverse out, change direction but again stuck going forward. Pulled the winch out, lowered the psi from 24 to 16 from the cabin did the trick . These trucks are remarkable and at the same time a PITA to diagnosis and repair. My 6.5T had a weird turbo lockout, it would die and come back to life randomly even after changing out the sensors. The best part was, I had the hub failure on the freeway going 60 before getting the hub locks on all 4 corners. I would love to get back into another one in the future.

Compared to the Urus no way. It might be marketed as an SUV but I would not put it thru the same terrain or stress as the H1. The hummer is just so different - like nothing else!!
Old 01-22-2020, 03:23 PM

I love having both a Huracan and Urus ad can't wait to take the Urus to the track. Fabspeed sport cats go on Friday that will add 40+ WHP and a BMC filter should add another 4-5 so up to 685 HP...that's enough for me. Plan to use Draggy to see what the 0-60 1/8th and 1/4 mile times will be.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
I am all for Lambo building an SUV. Just make it something special. The reason I drive Hummers is that they are simply the best off road vehicle ever built. There is really no comparison. I drive off road almost every day for my business and cannot find anything that comes close. They are big, powerful, luxurious and will go ANYWHERE. They are next to impossible to get stuck.(Lambo could have done that) I will gladly wager a $1000 to any urus owner with a stock vehicle against my 14 year old stock hummer on an off road course. I will eat it for lunch. With the low ground clearance and lack of large tires they will get stuck or high centered pretty easily. In my humble opinion, taking a mini van, stretching the nose, adding 4 wheel drive and a powerful engine does not make an SUV. The original idea behind SUVS were true offroad vehicles that you could drive on the highway. Hummer created one that could do both well. Now it seems most "suvs" are just cars or vans with 4 wd added. There is no way they would stand up to any serious offroad conditions. They are soccer mom cars designed for someone that goes off road once or twice a year. The only real SUVS are Jeeps, Ford Raptors etc. They were purpose built for offroad. The Mercedes G squared would be a formidable opponent as well but the regular G series are to low and too small wheeled. . Why not make the lambo the ruler of SUVs like the Aventador. I would absolutely buy one and be damned proud to own it, Lee. Ps I hired a new foreman today and offered him a new 4wd diesel ford f350 or one of my Hummers to drive. He chose the hummer after riding with me around one of my developments.
Your post is literally what everyone said (says) about the H2 in comparison to the H1.

Urus does 190mph, has more ground clearance than an H3 (.14" less than H2), locking diff and better departure angle than a raptor, fording depth of 20", no fake intake on the front, nearly perfect wheel offset & fender gap and has an aggressive design. Has a 4 seat option; carbon brakes and optional Akrapovic titanium exhaust. . . and picks up over 100whp with downpipes and a tune and makes a LOT of noise. Literally nothing touches it. The closest competitor is the Cayenne Turbo S, the Trackhawk can't go off road and everything else can't keep up with it.

I'd say it falls into the Lambo category for an SUV. If you want the ultimate in off road, get a BTM Hummer.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:29 PM
Gold Site Supporter

I had an H1 and hated it. Big ,slow and clunky. It was so heavy it would bury itself easily and had so little power it could not recover. The H2 will do amazing things. I have probably 300K miles driving them and a good 50 or 60 K offroad. If I rebuild and turbo mine , it would be a beast. I just want something comparable. I know you guys like the URUS ,which is great. The looks just do nothing for me. Sorry. We all have different tastes. Lee PS the H3 was not even a real Hummer. It was built on a suburban chassis. It was made to look like one. That is all. There is a reason that used low mileage H2s bring new car prices. Many of us that have driven them for years just find them hard to replace.
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX

Last edited by Lee T; 01-22-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in